if you had a starship......

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95149 by
Replied by on topic Re: if you had a starship......
Oooh this is a fun topic :)

I've never thought of this before, but I think I would want a living spaceship...not sure which show that's off of, but how cool would that be? It would be self healing and if you treated it kindly then you could have a great friendship with your spaceship. You know, for when you get into those crazy space adventures and need your ship to be able to think and act on its own.

I don't know what I would call it. Maybe it would have some way of telling me what it's name is.

...that or I wouldn't say no to one of those Star Trek ships...they have all the creature comforts I've come to enjoy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95169 by
I also like star destroyers, I know they belong to the enemy

but they are pretty cool

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #95171 by Adder
I admit I still sketch up space ship plans even now approaching 40. Cannot help but wonder if making it a submersible would work in the real world and replace space for oceans.

No aerodynamics in space, and what they do have is inefficient for atmospheres, so things like 'wings' are better for moving propulsive or offensive energy fields/systems away from habitual zones (or defensive energy fields), or as in the Tie class I think its used for heat exchange into space. So for me ship design firstly depends on the technology available, and since its fantasy I'd wonder why bother having a ship at all. I'll just have a belt buckle which generates a magic shield and teleports me wherever I want to go in time and space.

Otherwise, Space Battleship Yamato retrofitted as a private yacht (but keeping the weapons and a few of its assigned craft).

I cannot believe they are now releasing an edit of the original series;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WJVXsqiLE

:woohoo:

Oh, that SWTOR Sith ship looks nice.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Adder. Reason: img tags might help

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95179 by

suliskveteba wrote: I wanna know what kind of starship you guys would have.

my idea is an a-wing, but increase the size to the cockpit being as large and the Falcon's cockpit.

there would be a section to access turrets

and a social chamber or lounge in the front.

tell me what your ship would be.

I would love to know

I know it's just me but discussions like this challanges me to this site is dedicated to Jediism, a religion, and isn't star wars movie blog. Is it just me?

More
11 years 2 months ago #95181 by Adder

Rickie The Grey wrote: I know it's just me but discussions like this challanges me to this site is dedicated to Jediism, a religion, and isn't star wars movie blog. Is it just me?

Its in the "Miscellaneous > Star Wars" section of the forum for that very reason.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95193 by
I think it's great. These questions get the creative juices flowing...and that helps with spirtual things as well. Even nuns have fun.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #95198 by RyuJin

Wendaline wrote: Oooh this is a fun topic :)

I've never thought of this before, but I think I would want a living spaceship...not sure which show that's off of, but how cool would that be? It would be self healing and if you treated it kindly then you could have a great friendship with your spaceship. You know, for when you get into those crazy space adventures and need your ship to be able to think and act on its own.

I don't know what I would call it. Maybe it would have some way of telling me what it's name is.

...that or I wouldn't say no to one of those Star Trek ships...they have all the creature comforts I've come to enjoy.

Sounds like you're thinking of the ships from the anime "tenchi muyo" ...ryou ohki and suusuono....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95202 by

Rickie The Grey wrote:

suliskveteba wrote: I wanna know what kind of starship you guys would have.

my idea is an a-wing, but increase the size to the cockpit being as large and the Falcon's cockpit.

there would be a section to access turrets

and a social chamber or lounge in the front.

tell me what your ship would be.

I would love to know

I know it's just me but discussions like this challanges me to this site is dedicated to Jediism, a religion, and isn't star wars movie blog. Is it just me?

this is a friendship building activity, considering that jediism is star wars based, it seems logical to act on that for the "thing in common", I wanted to know the types of people here, and the ideas are awesome

and if that isn't enough, look at Akkarin! his first youtube sermon was on making friends, so this is as much of a legitimate jediism thread as any other

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #95214 by
I don't mean to digress the thread, my bad

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #95217 by Jestor

suliskveteba wrote: I don't mean to digress the thread, my bad

It's all good...;)

Not everyone wants to discuss every topic, or thinks they are worth talking about...

This is my first post here in this thread... Know why? Cause the topic wasnt for me...;)

For the rest of you? Have at it...:)

Probably ought to stop the tread on our favorite TV commercials, Cause Proteus is pushing "The Walking Dead", next we will be a Zombie Fantasy League...

And I probably ought to stop joking about cookies, the Food Network will probably call and Guy Feire will be calling, telling me not to copy his hair style (maybe, that might fall under "E" Entertainment, Im a little confused on where that might go....)

@ Rickie...

Im sorry that light hearted discussions seem to ruffle your feather, ya might want to work on that...

We are a Star Wars genre site... We call ourselves "Jedi" after all...:) Some scifi conversation is to be expected...

(Anyone know what Chewbacca uses to control fly-away? My beard really gets away from me some days...)

If someone cant see the content of the site, then really, they need to grow up a little... Get over themselves, and realize the world has many beautiful things, some are serious, some are goofy as hell... (Me, I fall into the last catagory, but if it is any constellation, I am very serious about my goofy-ness...;))

If someone judges the whole of the site on one of these goofy, fun loving threads, well, my position here makes me not post my exact sentiments, but rhymes with "truck 'em"...:evil: :whistle:

As far as the topic though...

A good galley, with a top chef, a martial arts training center, and an able bodied, easy to get along with crew...:)

Im thinking black, with white stars painted on it, so that if Im drifting, you cant see me in case "this rocket ship is rocking", no one comes knockin'"...:woohoo:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi