I do
Yes indeed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74764 by
Replied by on topic Re: New film
This isn't impossible, and I could imagine going to a really good, new Star Wars movie.
But I think that it is so incredibly important that the new movie will

1) Meet the standards of the current Star Wars movies. (Even the prequels.)
2) Not contradict any of the current Star Wars movies.

Key example of a failed, new Star Wars movie (series)? Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Dear god. I could talk all day about how bad that new series is. I actually thought the series could work (since I loved the prequels), and it was therefore sad when I found out how terrible it turned out to be.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #74765 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: New film
Well they already did, didn't they...there was the animated Star Wars The Clone Wars film, before the TV series that Sean is talking about.

I didn't watch it...I heard that Anakin had an Apprentice and I was immediately like "well that's clearly nonsense, there's no mention of that anywhere in the proper films plus he clearly wouldn't have been ready (i.e. mature enough) to take on an Apprentice straight away"...so I figured that the whole thing would be a money-making pile of codswallop...

I find it really hard to imagine that they would do another full-scale movie. They kind of already did that with the three prequels, they can't really do it again...

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Ben. Reason: Added link
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74767 by

SeanChing wrote: This isn't impossible, and I could imagine going to a really good, new Star Wars movie.

LOL

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74773 by

Akkarin wrote:

SeanChing wrote: This isn't impossible, and I could imagine going to a really good, new Star Wars movie.

LOL

I LOL at your LOL, Akkarin :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74774 by

V-Tog wrote: Well they already did, didn't they...there was the animated Star Wars The Clone Wars film, before the TV series that Sean is talking about.

I didn't watch it...I heard that Anakin had an Apprentice and I was immediately like "well that's clearly nonsense, there's no mention of that anywhere in the proper films plus he clearly wouldn't have been ready (i.e. mature enough) to take on an Apprentice straight away"...so I figured that the whole thing would be a money-making pile of codswallop...

This is one of the main points why Star Wars: The Clone Wars sucked. There are many others, but this isn't a "Why is Star Wars: The Clone Wars Terrible" forum thread, so I'll hold back. (For now ;) )

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #74775 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: New film
Hmmm imagine if Anakin did have an apprentice, but lost her in a terrible lapse of responsibility before SW:ROTS.... then perhaps that might have 'reset' the Council and Kenobi's thoughts about his readiness for another one, and thus setting the scene for the dialogue in SW:ROTS. I'm not sure of the ranks he had at different times, but maybe it included a demotion!! So maybe its possible..?

closet Clone Wars fan

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74778 by
He did have an apprentice. Ahsoka Tano. He trained her fully to knight. Her whereabouts after Order 66 are unknown. And there are only 4 ranks....Youngling, Padawan, Knight, and Master.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74790 by

Rallyn wrote: He did have an apprentice. Ahsoka Tano. He trained her fully to knight. Her whereabouts after Order 66 are unknown.

...and apparently, her whereabouts anytime between Episodes II and III are "unknown" as well...

I'm sorry Rallyn, but I agree with V-Tog when she said that it was complete nonsense that Anakin had a student - due to his lack of maturity and absolutely no mentioning of this student in any of the real films. It's preposterous. I don't get it. I can't get it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74792 by
Well, from what i've seen, the Clone Wars series isn't cannon. So him having a padawan wouldn't really matter. I'm not one of those people who watch a TV show or movie with expectations in mind. I don't read a book and then go to the movie and get upset when it's different ("hey, this is a really good book" - "hey, even though this movie crapped all over the book, it was still a good movie"). I have a way of completely separating stuff like this and looking at them from different view points. As a Star Wars guy, yes, I did die a little on the inside watching this series, lol, but it was just the fact that the show itself just isn't that entertaining to me that makes me tell people it's not worth their time. Not because it's not cannon, but because...well...it's just not that great, lol.

BUT, to get back on topic, I wouldn't mind another Star Wars movies...as long as the same monkeys who wrote the prequals don't write it (sorry, but the prequals were just TERRIBLY written...felt so sorry for the actors, lol).

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi