New film

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #74812 by
Replied by on topic Re: New film

SeanChing wrote:

Akkarin wrote:

SeanChing wrote: This isn't impossible, and I could imagine going to a really good, new Star Wars movie.

LOL

I LOL at your LOL, Akkarin :laugh:

I LOL at your LOL at my LOL! :laugh: :P

George Lucas is over credited for Star Wars. That is why when he makes them by himself *cough* prequels *cough* he sucks at it :P

A film COULD be done well, but he just does it for the money...

"Hmm... should I include child actors that can't really act but they're children so other children will watch them... Yes I think I will! Screw the bad acting!"

As a general point a film should be made with the right intention and sadly, more often than not (sequels etc), films are made just for money and not to be good films

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #74838 by
I feel new films could be done if they are done in the time period of the New Jedi Order Era or possible the New Republic era. Getting the actors back to do it would be tricky. They are old enough to do the New Jedi Order Era. It would be nice to see Leia become a Jedi and Boba Fett return. For Boba, they could even use the kid from episode II(not that it would be necessary). Will the movies be done? I doubt it. I would love it if they did, but the chances of that are as likely as Michael J Fox doing another Back to the Future(also would awesome)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Grammer

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #74849 by

V-Tog wrote: there's no mention of that anywhere in the proper films plus he clearly wouldn't have been ready (i.e. mature enough) to take on an Apprentice straight away

First off, I'm pretty sure Anakin was knighted before taking her as his apprentice since he was a knight becoming a master in the third movie. Never seen the show or movie you are referring to though, just read it once upon a time on wookiepedia. Also as Darth Vader he had 8 other apprentices between Episode 3 and 4 that were never mentioned in the films, only one of which is non-canon (His 2nd apprentice, Tao).

V-Tog wrote: I find it really hard to imagine that they would do another full-scale movie. They kind of already did that with the three prequels, they can't really do it again...

They easily could if they wanted to. There are hundreds of books, games and comics with other stories taking place before Episode 1, between Episodes 3 and 4, and after episode 6. Wookiepedia is huge and filled with plenty of stuff that could be used to make another movie. Personally I'd like to see some from both before and after the current movies. Particularly the "Force Wars" (before) and "2nd Galactic War" (after).

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #74853 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: New film

Resticon wrote:

V-Tog wrote: there's no mention of that anywhere in the proper films plus he clearly wouldn't have been ready (i.e. mature enough) to take on an Apprentice straight away

First off, I'm pretty sure Anakin was knighted before taking her as his apprentice since he was a knight becoming a master in the third movie. Never seen the show or movie you are referring to though, just read it once upon a time on wookiepedia. Also as Darth Vader he had 8 other apprentices between Episode 3 and 4 that were never mentioned in the films, only one of which is non-canon (His 2nd apprentice, Tao).

Yes, he was a Knight, but he must only have been one for a very short time because the gap between episodes 2 and 3 is only a few years...

Honestly, by the time of episode 3 was he behaving like a mature person capable of training an apprentice? Even without the turning to the dark side bit...he was still like a stroppy kid...

And the Darth Vader thing...well my understanding is a) that all non-movie stuff is non-canon, and that b) if I'm wrong...well it's still clearly nonsense. Rule of two and all that? I enjoy things like TFU games, but at the same time, as you play them you're well aware that the storylines are completely ludicrous...

Resticon wrote:

V-Tog wrote: I find it really hard to imagine that they would do another full-scale movie. They kind of already did that with the three prequels, they can't really do it again...

They easily could if they wanted to. There are hundreds of books, games and comics with other stories taking place before Episode 1, between Episodes 3 and 4, and after episode 6. Wookiepedia is huge and filled with plenty of stuff that could be used to make another movie. Personally I'd like to see some from both before and after the current movies. Particularly the "Force Wars" (before) and "2nd Galactic War" (after).

I'm not debating that they could, but...they're just not going to are they? It feels very done and dusted with regard to actual proper (i.e. non-animated) movies.

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #74858 by

V-Tog wrote: Yes, he was a Knight, but he must only have been one for a very short time because the gap between episodes 2 and 3 is only a few years...

Honestly, by the time of episode 3 was he behaving like a mature person capable of training an apprentice? Even without the turning to the dark side bit...he was still like a stroppy kid...

Perhaps...but he wouldn't be the first knight to take an apprentice when they weren't ready. After all, Obi-Wan took Anakin as an apprentice the moment he was knighted. Granted Obi-Wan was probably one of the better knights of the Jedi Order but he was still young and immature at times. He was often angry, impulsive and impatient.

V-Tog wrote: And the Darth Vader thing...well my understanding is a) that all non-movie stuff is non-canon, and that b) if I'm wrong...well it's still clearly nonsense. Rule of two and all that? I enjoy things like TFU games, but at the same time, as you play them you're well aware that the storylines are completely ludicrous...

In order for something to be considered canon in the SWU I believe it only has to be accepted and trademarked by LucasArts and can not conflict directly with other stories.

V-Tog wrote: I'm not debating that they could, but...they're just not going to are they? It feels very done and dusted with regard to actual proper (i.e. non-animated) movies.

Ouch, talk about shattering dreams. :P "Where there is despair," I shall bring "hope;"

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi