Can a force senstive person train themselves

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258449 by
Can a force senstive person train themselves in the ways of the force and lead to becoming a jedi through the way of holcrons and other itesm of that sort

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258455 by Brick
Firstly, welcome to the temple :cheer: How are you finding things?

Quick query, what exactly is it that you mean by 'force sensitive' and 'the ways of the force'?

:)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Loudzoo

More
7 years 6 months ago #258460 by Carlos.Martinez3
If you asking movie style can we have that specific trade, then sadly I'm afraid it only exist in the movies.
Force sensitive. That's a big idea with a great answer.
What is force sensitive. Real, not movie fake.
If I believe in the Force( I totally do) how can I be sensitive to it? That is a very common question here. How do I become a part of it, how does it become a part of me. When do I feel it. Sadly, we live in real life so the only thing we Can and WILL experience is what we seek to find. Hopefully that's what you will find here. We share a lot of fan based ideas, but over time, there is noticed a connection. Some are more sensitive to the connection. How is your connection? To the Force? Check it lately? Do some pass and review, some dress right dress some good old fashioned check on your lines... see what you find friend!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Loudzoo, Brick, Jake Nislan

More
7 years 6 months ago #258480 by Loudzoo
I spent 18 years or so studying and practicing before I found this wonderful community. 'Progress' can be made alone (indeed some of it must be alone) but its a bit like stumbling around in the dark by yourself, rather than walking along a well-lit path. The metaphor isn't quite right but hopefully you see what I mean! Guidance and support from a like-minded community makes a huge difference in my experience :)

Incidentally I believe that everyone has the potential to be 'Force sensitive' and although holocrons don't exist - fortunately libraries, and all the resources of the internet do ;)

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258523 by Adder
Perhaps a bit like Loudzoo I also did decades of work in this area on my own. So much information is accessible these days its almost too much #firstworldproblems
The progress is in the doing, and for me that was meditation, explorations, experiences, contemplations and generations (of sensations). So I didn't try to do it on my own, but I did tend to ignore doing what others prescribed unless it 'felt' right with my broader spiritual application/effort.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258524 by
It is my belief that, as soon as a person adopts the Jedi beliefs and cultures, they are a Jedi. Obviously you can't just say "yep, I agree with that. I'm a Jedi", you have to really believe it; which is what most people here do! So theoretically, if you are here, and believe in the Jedi way and are studying it, then you are a Jedi.

However being taught by someone or with someone's help is always a great deal easier. That is what we have appreticeships here. I believe that the IP and the apprenticeship program are layed out as they are because they are the best all round way to learn. However, we must also respect it isn't the best way for everyone!

So yes, you can teach yourself, but it may be harder. Perhaps meditate on it for a while before taking any immediate action. :)

More
7 years 6 months ago #258544 by Jayden the 2nd

Genoe Jhalam wrote: Can a force senstive person train themselves in the ways of the force and lead to becoming a jedi through the way of holcrons and other itesm of that sort

Yes a force sensitive person can train themselves because they are very intuitive. INFJ or INFP are very capable of this. (MYER.BRIGGS) I presume holocrons and other itesm refers to reading and meditation. The only obstacle to intuitive types is discipline. A Master can greatly help with this but few remain. The ego dominates this living plain. It is better to go it alone before submitting to an egotiscal guru.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258581 by Gisteron
Since this is in the Star Wars subforum, I suppose you mean your question in the context of fiction. In that case it depends on what you consider canon and what you mean by train themselves. Luke Skywalker was far more proficient with the Force by the time we saw him in Return of the Jedi than he was when the Empire Strikes Back credits rolled and it is not strictly implied by either film that he had been trained by another master in the meantime. Of course, he did start his training with Ben and Yoda and was at least understanding of the kind of direction he needed to go. But this again does not mean that nobody could train themselves from the ground up without any masters, though whether we pay attention to sources confirming or contradicting that is of course a matter of taste.

If you mean this outside of the fiction, I'd be curious to hear what you mean by a Force-sensitive person...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258582 by

"yep, I agree with that. I'm a Jedi"

Loll that was my exact thought when i first read this site ...

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 6 months ago #258794 by RyuJin
a person can train them self to do anything, however this usually involves loads of trial and error...having the benefit of someone else's guidance saves on time but also can rob us of the experience gained by failing if the guide doesn't allow us to make mistakes and fail...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Loudzoo, Jake Nislan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi