Can a force senstive person train themselves

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258985 by
although it is possible to train themselves, it would be better to be trained by a jedi to avoid all tempts of the dark side.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #259004 by Wescli Wardest
I spent years working on learning what would or could be equated to the way of the Force.
One thing I did not know I was missing until I found TotJO is a unity of teachings and various views on the spiritual understanding. In short, learning in the group has given me a far more complete view and understanding.

It also changed what I focused on. Many things I was doing before was more of a selfish nature and less of selfless service. Which I think is more in line with Jediism and the ways of the Force than a purely self-development approach. Because, I learned more of the Force from working for others and how the connections are made/used and completed than just internalizing self-contained knowledge.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 6 months ago #259014 by Carlos.Martinez3
I offer this.

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/115769-the-block?start=20

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259087 by
So, I'm new here, and know it will take time to assimilate into the Temple in all its glory, but this is an interesting topic, in an interesting forum.

My background is in theatre. Then I studied youth studies, and took a youth and spirituality class. My undergrad also included audio and video production, which gives me a technical advantage when watching a film series like Star Wars. From theatre, I know the intricate details of creating the scene, setting the mood, interpreting a script, and know that producing an enterprise that captures the hearts and minds of millions is quite a feat. In doing so, did George Lucas create a new religion? L. Ron Hubbard did.

Just as sacred scriptures are the source of beliefs and method of teaching for established religions, are the Star Wars books and movies a new realization in exploring society, people, and relationships to all around us? Is it a natural progression for those who find similar feelings, thoughts, and inspirations in what was supposed to an entertainment venture to come together and discover a deeper sense of community—the bridge from fiction to life.

I think so, and I think that is why we are here on TotJO. 2¢.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266387 by
Uh... was this moved from elsewhere? It seems to be in the Star Wars section but many of the replies sound like it wasn't.

Er... I know Kyle Katarn did, but then again Kyle Katarn also assaulted several Imperial bases on his own.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271264 by
I'm going to resurrect this chat because there's newfound information that could well be useful.

This thread was made 3 months before the release of "Rogue One", and therefore we didn't know about Chirrut Îmwe during this conversation until now.

Chirrut Îmwe, more commonly known as "that badass blind Force ninja dude from Rogue One", is (probably) an example of what you get if a Jedi trains themselves.

Îmwe decided to join the "guardians of the Kaiba", which is a group of Force sensitives who neither agree with the Jedi nor Sith. It's safe to say that, while he was taught the Martial arts he uses, everything else he's pretty much taught himself through faith; much like our Temple!

So yes, a Force sensitive can probably train themselves but to a very limited degree. To put it in perspective, Îmwe was probably able to teach himself that very first lesson Ben Kenobi taught Luke Skywalker on the Millennium Falcon, but go no further from there.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271266 by
I don't think Chirrut Îmwe was a force sensitive, only a force faithful. I am pretty sure if you are truly force sensitive, within the context of the movies, you can train yourself to great potential. Case in point is Ray, who is obviously a force sensitive individual, has already mastered the Jedi Mind Trick as well as become pretty good with a light saber. She did this in an incredibly short amount of time. Think of what she can accomplish given more time and some effort.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271268 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I don't think Chirrut Îmwe was a force sensitive, only a force faithful. I am pretty sure if you are truly force sensitive, within the context of the movies, you can train yourself to great potential. Case in point is Ray, who is obviously a force sensitive individual, has already mastered the Jedi Mind Trick as well as become pretty good with a light saber. She did this in an incredibly short amount of time. Think of what she can accomplish given more time and some effort.

Warning: Spoiler!

Perhaps some Force sensitives are more adept at others? I don't think it would need to be a binary true/false trait.

More
7 years 3 months ago #271269 by Zenchi

Gwinn wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I don't think Chirrut Îmwe was a force sensitive, only a force faithful. I am pretty sure if you are truly force sensitive, within the context of the movies, you can train yourself to great potential. Case in point is Ray, who is obviously a force sensitive individual, has already mastered the Jedi Mind Trick as well as become pretty good with a light saber. She did this in an incredibly short amount of time. Think of what she can accomplish given more time and some effort.

Warning: Spoiler!

Perhaps some Force sensitives are more adept at others? I don't think it would need to be a binary true/false trait.

He also knew she had the Kyber stone around her neck...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271280 by
Well i dont know. This is taken from the wookipedia site.

Chirrut Îmwe was a blind human male, with pale blue eyes, black hair and tan skin. Although he lacked Force abilities, Îmwe was a strong believer in it and the Jedi way, carrying a simple staff and traditionallightbow bowcaster, contrasting greatly with his partner's more pragmatic personality. His devotion to spirituality helped him overcome his blindness and become a formidable warrior.

It also says he uses his incredibly honed hearing to help him fight.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi