Discussion One - U

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2455 by
Replied by on topic Re:Discussion One - U
Greetings, i am thud thorax. I am a satellite of the One Creative Force, and i am sent forth to exist as to know all and everything, the One which is the All must experience my existence through having me live it. I hope that when my time is up, i go back to the One as a cherished memory, a significant part of the One Great Consciousness and not as a memory best forgotten.

MTFBWY
thud
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2456 by
Greetings, i am thud thorax. I am a satellite of the One Creative Force, and i am sent forth to exist as to know all and everything, the One which is the All must experience my existence through having me live it. I hope that when my time is up, i go back to the One as a cherished memory, a significant part of the One Great Consciousness and not as a memory best forgotten.

MTFBWY
thud
  • Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 11 months ago #2458 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Discussion One - U
I am with you on that Thud.

MTFBWY

Rev.Hans Finch O.C.P.
Jedi Knight

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2757 by
I am alive in the Force. I am a person who will not stop working, til the work is done. I am constantly learning. I am making myself, and the world, better everyday. I am going to spend the rest of this life, and all eternity, with the Force.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2774 by
Actually Br. Serric, I don't mean to assault you in any way, but how could you know exactly how the bible was written, and as to what it refered to? I don't condone the practices of homosexuality (atleast not in men), but I don't pretend to know the bible says anything against them. I do know that the bible was not written in English, Spanish, French or anything of the majority of major languages today. Even ancient Hebrew (what I think it was originally written in) probably is still different than the Hebrew used today. Instead it has been translated many times, to get where it is today. Although most translaters try to keep it as accurate as possible, its not always possible to get the same point across in a different language. For example King James (yes I finished the report) commissioned over 50 translaters to crawl all over the text to attempt to make it as accurate as possible in the King James Bible, but 50 people, come on, alot of people are going to put some sort of personal opinion and beliefs in if even very subtle. So, unless you can read the original writing of the Bible, if it even still exists somewhere in the world, I wouldn't make the stand saying that it stands out agains homosexuality. I'd more say the Church itself does, which is Ironic concidering how many preachers and such are molesting little boys, and the church rarely does anything to punish, or even prevent this from happening. Regardless, I'm not trying to start an arguement on this matter, I just find it hard to believe you know exactly what was written in the Bible.

DK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2789 by
The Old Testiment was written in both Ancient Hebrew and I believe Aramaic.
The New Testiment was in Greek and Latin.
The translations done under King James' authority were revised seven times before the king placed his seal of approval on it. That was just one attempt at the translation. This is for informational purpose and not to take sides in any way on this topic.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2793 by
There are no sides on this br. justice, I was just pointing out that the original texts are the only true bible and that all the others more likely than not lost something in translation, and possibly had some of the translaters thoughts or views intertwined. That is all, I was not trying to argue.

DK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2806 by
I take no offense to your remarks at all Brother Dhagon, we are all here to both learn and teach. In my studies of the Bible, and for clarification in case anyone wonders, I do own about seven. My favorite being the NIV, but I do occasionally turn to my KJV, my Catholic Bible with the Deuteronomicals and Apocrypha, and occasionally a glance to the Today's English Version. The study of the subjects included therein are not to be approached as one does an X-men comic book or even Dicken's \"A Tale of Two Cities\". Before you even open the cover, you pray for understanding and grace. That way you get a specific message intended only for you. The Bible, if just opened and orated upon will give you any message you are seeking, if you are not studying with the intention of bringing glory to God. If I just flipped through it in a rage looking for a reason to tell my daughters to stay away from certain people (for specific reasons) I could easily come across the verses that talk about avoiding marriage outside of one's tribe. See what I mean? It's all in the approach and our frame of mind.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2809 by
In response to your discussion Serric and Dhagon, I might add that I fully agree with Dhagon. This is a book that was written initially at its start 7000 years ago, correct? In that, unless you, can read and interpret the ancient languages, AND have an exact copy of the original, none of us can claim what it means. I don't believe the Bible speaks directly for or against homosexuality, but that is both a reflection of my personal attempts at being objective and reading the facts, and the honest truth that I am indifferent as to whether the people around me are homosexual or not.

The point that the bible's meaning is likely lost in translation is something I strongly support, because nothing handed down through that many generations, passing through that many cultures with that many languages and variations retains its original meaning. Do I think it still has some value as a holy book of guidence? Of course, given the reader interprets it honestly with an open mind and understands fully the reality of what they're reading. if you go into a modern translation with the idea that it is accurate to a T then you are setting youself up to become stuck on something that could more then likely be entirely different, not to mention modern cultures are COMPLETELY different then when the book written and for us to interpret them based on our culture is like reading romanized japanese in terms of english, its all jiberish and nonsense, because where as the characters for \"Watashi wa americagin desu\" represent the english phrase \"I am american\", their romanized letters mean nothing to an english speaker who doesn't know japanese.
The difference is that whereas in that case we have no basis for understanding the characters, in the case of the Bible we have translated it roughly from what it means and in that we assume that since it is now in a language we understand that it is correct.

Both of you, good points, I like your thoughts on this.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2820 by
I am Being. All that I am and that I will become is determined before hand. The force Is around me and within me. However as of yet i do not know it. Choices i and other have made have lead me here to allow me become.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi