Discussion One - U

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2213 by
Discussion One - U was created by
Without discussing anything you do tell [me] who you are?

Post essays and comments here.

Br. John
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2217 by
Replied by on topic Re:Discussion One - U
Who You Are? What is at the root of this question. Looking at the question itself the word “are” is the verb. The word “are” itself is the second person singular of “be.”
So then perhaps “who you be?” well then to be is defined many ways. And this is entirely subjective. It is subjective because of the use of the word “who.”

The Pronoun “Who”, in the English language, is the interrogative and relative pronoun that is used to refer to human beings and some animals perceived as sentient.
So then its being relative is what defines it as subjective in usage. So then perhaps the question “Whom you are?” would be more appropriate. Because Whom is the objective form and does not leave so much to subjectivity. So then, “Whom do you be?” may yet be even more accurate. Be is defined as the following:
1. to exist or live: Shakespeare's “To be or not to be” is the
ultimate question.
2. to take place; happen; occur: The wedding was last week.
3. to occupy a place or position: The book is on the table.
4. to continue or remain as before: Let things be.

All of these things would then be the intentional root of “Whom do you be?”

I am (“am” being the singular first person form of “be”) a Child of God. That is Whom I am. That is also Whom I are, as it were. Born of his spirit I am inherently and simply a child of God. And that is what defines me. All of my actions, thoughts, etc…are based on that one intrinsic certainty.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2219 by
Well let's see here with out saying what I do tell you who I am.
Well I am the love of GOD and Country, Family and Friednes.
I am the passion for others and their defence.
my life is in GOD my country and the ones I care for, for with out them I am nothing and don't exist. So who am I? I am not me I am part of GOD, I am part of my Contry, I am my Friends and Family, nothing more, nothig less.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2220 by
Who I am.

I am Cedric. I am man, and animal. Am guided by the wolf, and sometimes the bear or hawk. I am twenty years of age, but mentally beyond that marker. I exhist in time and space. I am made of three parts, body, mind, and soul, and within those parts exhists emotion and thought. I flow through my environment learning and growing, ever absorbing. I am a student, a teacher, a metalsmith, a craftsman, a scholar, and an explorer. I am english, french, german, welsh, irish, and native american, among other minute portions. I am not tall, nor am I short. I like greens and blues and shades of the earth. I am dominantly of the Earth and Fire elements, but do not lack for air or water. I am most at home among the trees and plants of the forest, but am comfortable living most anywhere. I am a son and a brother, a cousin and a nephew. I am a hero to some, and an example to others. I am ancient druidic wiccan, and I am a Jedi. I am a solitary man, but greatly desire a companion. I blend with society when I can; forge my own path when I choose. I am alive. I am one with all and yet entirely my own. I am made of organs and pieces, which are in turn made of cells, composed of molecules and atoms, built from subatomic particles of which for all we know are constructed with quarks and possibly even further units. I share these base elements of construction and creation with everything else in the universe. I am a believer in the God and Godess, or just God, or even less specific, the omniscient entity of the universe. I prefer my specifics but I hold firmly to none, lest I hamper my own minimal understanding of the non-understandable. I am one of many and yet entirely unique, part of a type, and yet solitary in character.

I am Cedric.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2221 by
i am a man who has seen things one shouldnt done things i regret and heard things. the true root is i am a simple man who takes care of family first. my family defines me, my work ethic defines me, to not talk about what i do its hard to understand me. but i am a son a husband and a good friend, even a enemy to some.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2238 by
I am passion. Passion for the endeavors I undertake and passion in the life I lead that was brought about by my Latin roots. I am a both a giver and an unashamed receiver. I am outdated in my views on religion, law and order and the work ethic that started this great country. I am a reborn child of God and not ashamed to share my beliefs in any of my passions. I am.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2245 by
Who am i? I am an itelligence. A being and soul as old as God himself. I am all power, all knowledge and all things.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2247 by
Reading all the posts up to now I see descriptions of actions.

These are good answers but nobody's telling me who they are - only what they believe / do.

Can I trust you to keep my confession?

Would you steal for a good reason?

How many yellow's are in a mile?

Msgr. Tom the question being questioned is good sense. This is not a trick question so take it at face value.

Br. John
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2248 by
I am going to need you to elaborate. Being a Child of God is not an action. Its an inherent Fact. I was born a child of God. It is not an action i took or a decision I made.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2249 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

I am going to need you to elaborate. Being a Child of God is not an action. Its an inherent Fact. I was born a child of God. It is not an action i took or a decision I made.

Free Will. For or Against?

Br. John
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi