Discussion One - U

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2250 by
Replied by on topic Re:Discussion One - U
DAN wrote:

i am a man who has seen things one shouldnt done things i regret and heard things. the true root is i am a simple man who takes care of family first. my family defines me, my work ethic defines me, to not talk about what i do its hard to understand me. but i am a son a husband and a good friend, even a enemy to some.

If you feel comfortable and your offenses are beyond the statute of limitations tell us about some of the horrible things you've done.

You can write a Fictional story if you like.

JHP
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2252 by
Br. John wrote:

Twsoundsoff wrote:

I am going to need you to elaborate. Being a Child of God is not an action. Its an inherent Fact. I was born a child of God. It is not an action i took or a decision I made.

Free Will. For or Against?

Br. John

Thats an interesting question. Based on the discussion we had a few months ago entitled \"The Burden of the Will\" For.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2258 by
However, John, what I was trying to point out in my initial post was that it is impossible to answer this question without describing an action. Not because we are defined by our actions but because of the question itself. the questions is \"Who are you\". but the real root in this question is \"Are\". \"Are\" is the second singular form of \"Be\" which is a verb meaning to exist. and to exist is a verb, it's an action. So in order to answer this question, we must be able to use other actions as proof of being.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2264 by
to be honest brother john i would not like to say, for it is a past that has nothing to do with me anymore, and i would just like to forget it. but what i can say that one good thing about it is, if it wasnt for that then i would not be the man i am today. we learn from our mistakes.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2270 by
Who am I.....

I've been described as mysterious (thanks P), perhaps an enigma, a puzzle that may never be completed. I am darkness in the light, but light in the darkness. Many times I am the voice of reason, and the bearer of reality. Sometimes I bring hope, other times I vanquish it. I have come far, yet my journey is far from over. I am a not half full, nor am I half empty. I am passionate yet unattached. I am loving, caring and ruthless. I am strategic and blunt. I am humorous and horrifying. I am responsible and blamed. I am planned spontenaiety. I am focused and disoriented. There is much to me that noone will ever know or see, perhaps not even me. I fear little. When the time comes I will welcome Death in for a steak and a Killians before we depart on the next leg of my journey.

A cluster F**k, thats who I am.
DK
More
16 years 10 months ago #2272 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Discussion One - U
This is truly a tough one John, if I understand the question correctly you are looking for a description of what we see ourselves as prior to any action that we do to define ourselves even before our beliefs. So, I / we therefore must exist in our “reality” without any action, everything beyond this is born from making a choice or adopting belief.

Even if I regress existence back to the most basic form, before faith, before conscience thought, I may be touching upon a belief (my own belief that this is so, is a belief in itself, Right?). Anyway here’s my kick at the can.

I am a luminescent being of energy and thought (intelligence, soul), physically composed of the crude building blocks of our universe, existing within the interwoven web of time and our perceived material reality.

To describe anything further would only take me down the path of what I believe or do. Thinking and understanding is a do, my job or listening to my children, all actions.
To say I walk the earth absorbing and contemplating the living or spiritual condition is a broad generalization but again, still an action.

Maybe I have looked at the question at a funny angle but it was a good exercise, Oh the possibilities!

Lenny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2299 by
DAN wrote:

to be honest brother john i would not like to say, for it is a past that has nothing to do with me anymore, and i would just like to forget it. but what i can say that one good thing about it is, if it wasnt for that then i would not be the man i am today. we learn from our mistakes.

The part where I said, \"If you feel comfortable and your offenses are beyond the statute of limitations tell us about some of the horrible things you've done.\" was really a comment about me not you.

I get it. I understand what you're saying. At 47 (this June 4, 2007) I've got stories old enough so I could tell them without fear of prosecution.

If anyone knows who this band is and or the full lyrics please let me know.

Does this make sense?

Right Click and save ... 7MB

http://JohnPhelan.com/save_yourself.mp3

[Listen to the song.]

Br. John
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2300 by
Br. John wrote:

If anyone knows who this band is and or the full lyrics please let me know.

Does this make sense?

Right Click and save ... 7MB

http://JohnPhelan.com/save_yourself.mp3

[Listen to the song.]

Br. John[/quote]

The Band is The Colour. That song is from the \"Devil's got a holda me\" Album

Good Song
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2301 by
Lenny wrote:

This is truly a tough one John, if I understand the question correctly you are looking for a description of what we see ourselves as prior to any action that we do to define ourselves even before our beliefs. So, I / we therefore must exist in our “reality” without any action, everything beyond this is born from making a choice or adopting belief.

Even if I regress existence back to the most basic form, before faith, before conscience thought, I may be touching upon a belief (my own belief that this is so, is a belief in itself, Right?). Anyway here’s my kick at the can.

I am a luminescent being of energy and thought (intelligence, soul), physically composed of the crude building blocks of our universe, existing within the interwoven web of time and our perceived material reality.

To describe anything further would only take me down the path of what I believe or do. Thinking and understanding is a do, my job or listening to my children, all actions.
To say I walk the earth absorbing and contemplating the living or spiritual condition is a broad generalization but again, still an action.

Maybe I have looked at the question at a funny angle but it was a good exercise, Oh the possibilities!

Lenny

You'd have to look at it from an irrational angle to even try and answer and you're going where I'm hoping to get you and you're even ahead of the game. Releasing that the more you try and answer the further from the truth you get is a bonus.

Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2302 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Who am I.....

I've been described as mysterious (thanks P), perhaps an enigma, a puzzle that may never be completed. I am darkness in the light, but light in the darkness. Many times I am the voice of reason, and the bearer of reality. Sometimes I bring hope, other times I vanquish it. I have come far, yet my journey is far from over. I am a not half full, nor am I half empty. I am passionate yet unattached. I am loving, caring and ruthless. I am strategic and blunt. I am humorous and horrifying. I am responsible and blamed. I am planned spontenaiety. I am focused and disoriented. There is much to me that noone will ever know or see, perhaps not even me. I fear little. When the time comes I will welcome Death in for a steak and a Killians before we depart on the next leg of my journey.

A cluster F**k, thats who I am.
DK

As someone who's personally met Death I advise you to make sure you have some fantastic reefer for an appetizer and the steak should be a ribeye cut cooked to a perfect medium with horseradish sauce on the side.

I bet you like this then:

“I’m hunger. I’m thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy’s body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies.”

Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis, Book 2 of The Chronicles of Narnia

Br. John
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi