light saber: Art and Design

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #83656 by
Lightsaber.pptx

I'm not going to give a big explanation to this right now. I'm sure the debate will start. Light sabres ARE real.

please download the file.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #83658 by Wescli Wardest
I believe this is what Jackofalltrades was trying to get in here.

Attachment Jackslighsaber.jpg not found

Monastic Order of Knights
Attachments:

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #83663 by Adder
Playing along with the idea...

Assuming you can get enough power into the hilt to be hot enough, if the laser emitter was small enough (or able to be split) say 6 laser's in a circle on the hilt, around a central shaft which has a cap with prisms to turn each beam through 2x 90 degrees angles to return each beam to the hilt. The entire thing would then look more cylindrical having say 12 beams all around from 6 emitters, and have 360 degree use. Wont stop bullets though!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Adder.

More
11 years 4 months ago #83664 by Wescli Wardest
Laser plasma emission technology

Technology is an amazing thing. What was science fiction one day becomes science fact the next. I read an article on this a while back when the technology was still a closely guarded secret, but it is now open to the public and could very well be the next step in making things such as light sabers a reality.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #83666 by
Replied by on topic Re: light saber: Art and Design
Michio Kaku, the theoretical physicist, did an episode on Discovery about this. Definitely worth watching since it goes through and explains how he would build it himself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #83686 by
That theory and design are old news, anyone play the game "No more heroes"?

Attachment travis_02_r.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
11 years 4 months ago #83687 by Wescli Wardest
One of the things that would concern me with any design that uses a reflective surface propped at the end of the “blade” is deflection due to centrifugal force when in use. What I mean is that once it is swung the arm will flex and all the minute adjustments which held the beam in place would be rendered mute at that point… possibly sending the beam back at the wielders hand. Even if one were to build the rod for the reflective device along the center axis with the reflective device bouncing the beam all around it, any time it was swung there would be varying degrees of deflection.

This is one reason I think that the Laser Plasma Emission Technology could be the predominate precursor to Light-Saber technology. And if the beam is capable of knocking electrons off atoms in points in space, given enough development, it could knock apart the atoms of anything that crossed the emission stream. Further development will decide its overall capabilities though, not me! ;)

The real test at this point, as I see it, is what power source we would use. So far, the most “bang for the buck” comes from colliding anti-mater with mater. But we are currently very inefficient at producing anti-matter in any useable quantity. But scientist theorize that there is an amazing amount of it that naturally occurs in the universe… so how would we collect it and store it?

This may not be something that occurs in any of our lifetimes… but I think that it is fun to speculate about! ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #83699 by

Andy Spalding wrote: That theory and design are old news, anyone play the game "No more heroes"?

That's what I was thinking. I don't see why such a thing could not exist, with technology advancing exponentially.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #83731 by
Ok, then. If lightsabers already exist. And the force is real. What exactly about the star wars films is fictional?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #83738 by

Andy Spalding wrote: That theory and design are old news, anyone play the game "No more heroes"?

Ok, so I'm a manufacturer, you play computer games about what I am capable of designing of my own accord. And you just want to say it is old news?

I made this idea up myself in 2005 without the uses of computer games, actually.

In fact, copy right laws state that No-one is able to steal my idea, even if they produce it first. In a sci fi compute game, lol.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi