New drug mimics beneficial effects of exercise

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #116029 by
I wonder how this will impact professional, college and high school sports? ;) :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 8 months ago #116030 by ren

Jestor wrote:

steamboat28 wrote:

Jestor wrote:

Khaos wrote: They werent in WALL-E

People were not fit?

I have not seen that one...:)

To put it politely, the people in WALL-E were American caricatures taken to the logical extreme.

Logical?

Logical in the sense that the only aspect of society that survives is consumerism and as soon as they're born, babies are installed in the futuristic equivalent of a mobility scooter. They don't do anything, as robots do everything for them. This, for 700 years.
Logic would normally dictate that those people shouldn't even be alive, however once you take into account future medical advances, it makes perfect sense.

Wall-e really is a hero against all odds (his own design limitations). The movie is a perfect example of the hero's journey.
It's really good too (my favourite disney) so I suggest you watch it.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 8 months ago #116031 by Jestor

ren wrote:

Jestor wrote:

steamboat28 wrote:

Jestor wrote:

Khaos wrote: They werent in WALL-E

People were not fit?

I have not seen that one...:)

To put it politely, the people in WALL-E were American caricatures taken to the logical extreme.

Logical?

Logical in the sense that the only aspect of society that survives is consumerism and as soon as they're born, babies are installed in the futuristic equivalent of a mobility scooter. They don't do anything, as robots do everything for them. This, for 700 years.
Logic would normally dictate that those people shouldn't even be alive, however once you take into account future medical advances, it makes perfect sense.

Wall-e really is a hero against all odds (his own design limitations). The movie is a perfect example of the hero's journey.
It's really good too (my favourite disney) so I suggest you watch it.

I'll have to put it on my short list...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #116032 by ren

Reliah wrote: I wonder what the other side effects are.
I'd rather just exercise, honestly. Takes up some time and helps me clear my head.

On a side note - I think it's interesting how people always jump on Americans for obesity issues. True that American numbers are higher, but barely - according to the charts I've seen, anyway. The way I see it, if a country has an obesity percentage of 15 or more, they have no room to be bragging about anything lol
It's a huge, global problem.

http://www.infoplease.com/world/statistics/obesity.html

The problem with this document is that all those countries have fairly small populations. With the US, it's 300 million people.

But this stuff is based on BMI, and while the US has a diverse (in terms of "race") population, not everyone is the same. Also I'm quite overweight, right at the limit of obesity (BMI 30), and by losing 15 kilos, i'd go back in the category of "healthy" (that's right, not overwheight). 15 kilos doesn't seem much, so I think the obesity/overwheight rates may seem more worrying than they really are. They really should only pay attention to obesity (including morbid) IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub747pprmJ8

A tragic end when put in perspective like this.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by ren. Reason: video

More
10 years 8 months ago #116062 by Wescli Wardest
I can work out and exercise and I keep in pretty good shape (for an American :P) but no matter how much I study and learn, I still feel like I don’t know anything.

What I want to know is… when are they going to come up with a pill that cures stupid?

hahahhahaha :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Brenna

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi