The Secret

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98176 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Secret
Let me tell you something:

When you accept God's love into your heart, you are accepted into the kingdom of Heaven.

Most people will say: "Ok, I accept Jesus". And, they don't change anything about themselves.

That kind of pisses me off because you haven't REALLY accepted Jesus. You have simply said you did, because you are still the same person.

The Secret is similar. If you just say: "Give me."
Nada is gonna happen...

But, if you sincerely change because of your request. If you allow your ENERGY frequencies to vibrate higher and use the statement as a means of energetic transmogrification: YOU WIN.

Same with accepting Jesus from the Judeo-Christian viewpoint. It should literally change everything about you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 month ago #98177 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: The Secret
Im not entirely sure I agree.

When for instance "accepting Gods love" i would expect a profound change, much like would happen with anyone who makes a decision to change the way that they live and the beliefs that they have.

I dont think the law of attraction requires profound or permanent change, i think it only needs focus for the period of time that it takes to realise the goal, or acquisition.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
11 years 1 month ago #98182 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: The Secret
I hate to rain on everyone's parade here but the secret is the same as the placebo effect. You can give someone a pill and tell them it will make them feel better and they believe you and feel better... the pill has nothing to do with it.

I would also like to mention that what Jesus said completely contradicts 99% of Christianity and American/Western culture.

[ Mark 10:21-22] Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, "You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

[Matthew 6:24.] You cannot serve both God and Money.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98190 by
So, this is something i should read for sure then, or is it kind of already wrapped into the initiates program and any other general studies close to the program?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98207 by

Brenna wrote: I dont think the law of attraction requires profound or permanent change, i think it only needs focus for the period of time that it takes to realise the goal, or acquisition.

I'm not talking about that specific goal, though. I'm talking about the process of accepting a system like the Law of Attraction in the first place. You have to make the shift to believing in energetic vibration changes, AND you have to use those power phrases to get what you want. I imagine that it could take a moral shift as well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98208 by

Whyte Horse wrote: I hate to rain on everyone's parade here but the secret is the same as the placebo effect.

First, I wasn't trying to compare Christianity to the Secret. Just the idea of permanent change.
Second, regarding your statement above, you can't know that. If you have scientific evidence that it's placebo, I'd love to see it. There haven't been scientific studies on my end, so I couldn't show you those... BUT, I'm not asserting that it's most definitely "not" the placebo effect.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #98212 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: The Secret
Placebo effect, repackaged, does it matter?

We don't all learn the same way, different ways of delivering a similar/same/or repackaged message can "flip the switch"...

I Have no clue what "the secret" is, I don't remember reading it, nor watching it, so now I guess ill have to, lol...

Ryan Julius, read what has been said...

Make your own decision...;)

Scott, do you think that that list you provided is original? They were the first?

I Know you don't, but, your list is repackaged too...;)

And not necessarily the best choices for all, just sayin'...

Although, im a fan of James Allen...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98215 by
Placebo effect.....sounds like the opinions from someone who obviously hasn't taken the time to test it, anyone who wants confirmation whether it truly works or not should read the book (with an open mind) and take time to put it to the test. My own experimentations with the Secret and its results can be found in my journal here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98216 by
Exactly, Zenchi! I will go read your experiments. :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98229 by

Jestor wrote: I Have no clue what "the secret" is, I don't remember reading it, nor watching it, so now I guess ill have to, lol...

The secret (if I understood the book correctly) is about the power of your mind/thoughts/emotions. That whatever you fixate on will eventually manifest itself in your life.

It's a pretty good read and I'd suggest looking into it, for anyone who is curious. Of course, like it's been said before, you can also find that message in other works. It's not new, but it's a good reminder. And some of the people who helped contribute to the book have some good ideas and materials of their own.

Like Michael Beckwith. Some of his stuff is a little out there and too mushy for me, but when you cut through it all there are some really great messages. Common sense that had been forgotten, so to speak.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi