The Secret

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94668 by
The Secret was created by
I watched The Secret on Netflix last night. Other than the, at times, very materialistic spin (which I understand is likely intended to draw in the masses) I agree with everything it contains. I was quite surprised to learn that "The Secret" was that which I had already discovered, and have successfully used on numerous occasions, on my own.

Just wondering, for anyone who has seen the film or read the book, what are your thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94674 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Secret
My grandma loved this book and had me read some of it. I was a lot younger at the time, so I never really enjoyed it. Perhaps I should read it later. I'm glad it helped you, by the way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94675 by
Oh yes, The Secret really does work. I don't really know how that stuff works, but it might be just the Force at work. Its and amazing thing anyway.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94689 by
The Secret in my opinion respecting anyones views on it is just repackaged knowledge. A materialistic spin, I agree. The way its presented is outright misleading.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94719 by

Memis wrote: The Secret in my opinion respecting anyones views on it is just repackaged knowledge. A materialistic spin, I agree. The way its presented is outright misleading.

I agree about it being repackaged knowledge. And it really isn't even that much of a secret. ;) However, I think so many have forgotten this knowledge, that having it presented this way may reawaken it a bit.

And this is not a dispute of what you said in any way.

More
11 years 2 months ago #94727 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: The Secret
The secret is simple: Set a goal, go after it.

Not: Set a goal, let the universe give it to you. (which is what The Secret preaches)

When you set your heart onto something, you will mentally alter your life style to invite it into your life. They make that out to be something more mystical than it really is, and that is just ridiculous- a method of making money on something which would better be taught by teaching you how to obtain whatever it is you are seeking. Want a dog? Manage your money better. Want to avoid traffic- learn back roads. Etc, etc.

Not sure if you can tell, but I have a disdain for The Secret.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94729 by
the secret; the law of attraction... same thing.

I don't know if it works, but if you put the hard work in, and you use the law of attraction by keeping things positive, you will certainly be happier at any rate. Hard work is easier when your happy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #94837 by
I like it. Even if the Secret was a load of hooey you're still going to end up with a better life just by changing your attitude. We tend to see what we think we see, good or bad. And as our minds change our habits do too.

For example: My life sucks. I might as well watch tv and eat cookie dough because my life sucks and these things dull it. My job sucks, so I sulk while working. My significant other sucks so I don't appreciate them. And my life continues to suck right up until I get diabetes and die.

Or: My life is awesome! I love my job and I smile at my boss and coworkers (I even do a better job because I like what I'm doing. Oh? Did I just get a promotion? Awesome!) My significant other is the best. I love, love, love them! And they love, love, love me. And I still love cookies and tv, but because I also love my life and myself I love to go for walks and eat fruits and veggies too. Because I can have whatever life I want...and the one I want is mine.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95226 by
I believe the Secret is just manipulating the Force to give you access to what you need to get accomplished. It's been said before, this is repackaged knowledge. Ancient knowledge. This is also the basis of almost all magical schools. Imposing the human will on almost anything imaginable. Human will is quite strong but we have been conditioned to believe that we are weak and helpless and at the mercy of some omnipotent being or another. The Secret works. It's just not what "The Secret" makes it out to be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98174 by
The Secret aka Law of Attraction is real.

It is repackaged.

Here is a list of things to read to get a better understanding of it all.

Jack Canfield The Success Principles.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
All of James Allen's works.
Think and Grow Rich by Napolleon Hill.
Plato
William Wattles.
Tony Robbins.

Also research the subjects on
NLP Neuro Lingistic Programming.
EFT Emotional Free Techniques.
Manifestation.
Empowerment
Goal Setting
Habits
Master Mind
Affirmations
Auto Suggestion.

THis list can go on
Visit this site selfgrowth.com for a huge list of different topics which can all be linked back to LOA.

Visit my blog http://loaclass101.blogspot.com/ which is full of mini-lessons about the law of attraction.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi