There is no truth...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 8 months ago #111525 by
Replied by on topic There is no truth...
Truth can be the war between your mind, heart
then consciousness. Or this is the matrix. Just to say.

Guess in dreams and nightmares you would worry,
less then in real-time. If truth was taught then the
teacher be the salesperson. Just a thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #117334 by Lykeios Little Raven

Proteus wrote: This is a paradoxical statement.

"There is no truth"

If that is the truth, then it falsifies itself.

If that is not the truth, then itself is falsified.

Its almost the riddle of the liar and the truth-teller at the crossroads isn't it?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #117340 by
As an artist, i have come to an understanding about truth. Remove the words from that which moves us. What do you have left? Art.

It would be hard to find someone that would deny the power and complexity of the universe and the micro-verse. It is there that people find "god" expressed. Through the sublime and the beautiful.

As we all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Where then is truth?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #117360 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: "There is no truth. There is only perception." Gustave Flaubert

Did you hear that Ariel, you've got a cas-

oh wait......I forgot

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #118366 by
All is perception. We assign names to these perceptions in order to communicate them to others in a fashion they will understand. People then decide weather or not these communicated perceptions are correct. This leads to the question "Is that which is correct the truth?"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #118368 by

Nephilim wrote: "Is that which is correct the truth?"

That's the question that divides. Most are true.

It is more important to find the one that is not true and build together from there.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #118369 by
"Is that which is correct the truth?" Does the correctness of the perception resonate with you on a personal level through the force? If so then in your perceived reality it is true. Another answer to this paradox would be that the truth requires perception, but perception does not require the truth.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by . Reason: I wanted to add something.

More
10 years 6 months ago #118393 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic There is no truth...
How about there being both truth and perception? Seeking knowledge is a futile enterprise if you start with the presupposition, that there is nothing to be found. Granted, whatever truth may be, we can never be sure of having achieved it even if we have indeed (try and apply that thought to omniscience and you get another paradoxon, just for fun). Either way, as long as one's perception at least seems to be appliable to what you percieve as reality, that should be good enough within the context of that respective reality. An artificial sentience doesn't need to know it is artificial or who produced it where and when and how the world outside looks like (aka the truth) in order to adequately function within its virtual world - draw your analogy from here.

If you presuppose that truth and falsehood are indistinguishable and that all is a matter of perception, we might as well never tell children that there are no dragons or fairies... or witches (have a guess where that road leads) and leave schizophrenics unprotected, unrestrained and with no medical assistance.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #118498 by
[quote="Nephilim" post=118369 but perception does not require the truth.[/quote]

I agree but where can you go with that? Perception is deception?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #118514 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic There is no truth...

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Nephilim wrote: but perception does not require the truth.

I agree but where can you go with that? Perception is deception?

In a way Rickie,

We perceive only what we know to be true, until we receive the truth of a thing itself. One such example is the simple sense of sight, some animals see in color, and some see in monochrome. To each, they would perceive the world is as they see it to be, however it is in fact neither of those things, and is instead simply the reception of vibrational energy as broken down and processed by the organisms brain which is receiving such input.

To perceive something and take such perception as fact, is to close ones mind off to the potentiality that something is different than it appears to be on the surface

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Kohadre.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi