My Resignation

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78078 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Resignation
It's really sad that you're leaving, but we all have our personal journey.

May the Force be with You, always.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #83029 by
Replied by on topic Goodbye
I'm at a loss for words right now. I hadn't planned this, but considering how certain things are going in my life, it seems like the prudent thing to do. I'm leaving the Jedi community. I'm a relic and everyone knows it. A scrap leftover from a forgotten time in the community's life.

I'll leave you with one last realization I've had in the past 24 hours. None of this matters. "All we are is dust in the wind". Squeeze whatever kind of satisfaction you can out of life. Have fun, enjoy what little time you have. There is nothing more and nothing less.

May the Force shove it up its ass.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #83030 by
Replied by on topic Re: Goodbye
Deuces bro, have fun with what ever it is you deem worthy of your time.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 months ago #83031 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Goodbye
Good Luck man....

Not sure about this but we drift in, and we drift out....

I hope you'll stop on through occasionally....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 5 months ago #83032 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: My Resignation
Merged topic with previous "goodbye" topic.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #83035 by
Aye Streen. There always comes a point where we have to leave. mmm

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #83039 by
you're my boy, streen!

'all we are is dust in the wind' made me think of that scene in 'old school' where they were burying blue and will ferrell teared up some and was all 'blue! you're my boy blue!'

More
11 years 5 months ago #83041 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: My Resignation

If one were to say in a word what the condition of being a samurai is; its basis lies in seriously devoting one's body and soul to one's master. And if one is asked what to do beyond this, it would be to fit oneself inwardly with intelligence, humanity and courage. The combining of these three virtues may seem unobtainable to the ordinary person, but it is easy. Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this. Humanity is something done for the sake of others, simply comparing oneself with them and putting them in the fore. Courage is gritting one's teeth; it is simply doing that and pushing ahead, paying no attention to the circumstances. Anything that seems above these three is not necessary to be known.

It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. This is the mistake of people who are attached to past generations. They have no understanding of this point.

There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment.
Everyone lets the present moment slip by, then looks for it as though he thought it were somewhere else. No one seems to have noticed this fact. But grasping this firmly, one must pile experience upon experience. And once one has come to this understanding he will be a different person from that point on, though he may not always bear it in mind.

Be true to the thought of the moment and avoid distraction. Other than continuing to exert yourself, enter into nothing else, but go to the extent of living single thought by single thought...

Hagakure...

Monastic Order of Knights

More
11 years 4 months ago #84698 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Re: My Resignation
Dammit man, get back here. I just hopped on.

The Force is with you, always.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi