Force Realists Quotes

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #281632 by Alethea Thompson
Back in 2012, Charles and I started a thread at Force Academy called "Force Realists Quotes" and it's still being added onto even today. This year in trying to figure out how to keep our Facebook page active I came up with the idea to take those quotes and put them on pictures. I've been sharing them to the Jedi Church Facebook page as well.

The quotes at FA are of members at FA and Order of the Sith (a sister order to the Dark Aspect run by Darth Draconis) typically, but in occasion we some from other orders. Anyways, I thought about how vast ToTJO is and said to myself "wouldn't it be cool if ToTJO had a thread to organize quotes they find inspiring/thought-provoking from their fellow Force Realists?"

So here I am starting a thread. The guidelines are simple-
1) The quotes you share should speak to you and you hope they speak to others.
2) They should be from people who are in the community, not fiction, not some famous person, not something you heard on television, etc. Just real life Jedi/Sith/Shadow/Mandolarians/etc. it can come from inside this order, or from another, so long as they are Force Realists (defined as following a philosophy inspired by Star Wars).
3) Make sure you credit the author of the quote ^^

I'm not going to use them for the FA Facebook page, but it would be cool if the ToTJO page ended up doing the same thing I am on their social media platform. XD

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281635 by
Replied by on topic Force Realists Quotes
What a great idea!

I really think that diving in the knowledge and baggage of others in the search of what your ideals really represents, is the way to better understand ourselves and what surround us.
So I'm gonna keep a close watch to this thread of quotes for sure.

This is my first contribution:

Nothing ever happens because of coincidence, but causality. So keep in mind that every step you make leads you through the path of your future. And always remember that what you are, is the result of all the decisions that you took in your past. Therefore, don't get mad at the things you can't change in the present but work for them to change in the days to come.

- by my mother, Laura
(she always says me this kind of things)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281643 by
Replied by on topic Force Realists Quotes
Opie MacLeod : "If you call yourself a Jedi, then do your best to behave like one. If you call yourself a Jedi Knight then behave like one. And if you profess to be a leader of Jedi (Master, Councilor, etc.) then you need to be an example of Jedi behavior. "

This quote i keep near to my heart because it entails how i feel , think and am...

More
6 years 11 months ago #281645 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Force Realists Quotes
We are practicing Jedi, not perfect Jedi...

JESTOR

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Kit, Edan, Avalon, Kobos

More
6 years 9 months ago #285849 by Alethea Thompson
I think the guy in the video is an ass, but he makes an argument that I am forced to consider. If we aren't questioning our current beliefs and testing them against others, we risk becoming stuck with antiquated ways of thinking. -Senan

(I love this quote because it shows that even if you hate someone, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be listened to)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 9 months ago #285851 by Carlos.Martinez3
No Jedi can be the same .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 9 months ago #285861 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Force Realists Quotes
- Avalonslight: "So how about instead of debating whether or not someone has a right to feel unsafe, we simply show support?"

- Brenna: "Because comfort is not the goal. Growth is. Growth does not come from inside a comfort zone. It comes from having to face ourselves, what scares us and challenges. Empathy is not the same as making things easy for someone or taking on another persons beliefs or experiences as your own."

Ref. conversation " For Your Consideration... On Debate ".

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 9 months ago #285864 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Force Realists Quotes
"Some days the sun reminds me of no matter where I find my self it's shining some where." Carlos.Martinez3

This still sticks with me almost daily and makes me hope to spread that feeling. Thank you Carlos!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #285981 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Realists Quotes
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/118393-you-might-have-facts-but-i-have-feelings?start=10

Sven One
"Facts are facts an asshole is an asshole that IS a fact"

Simple, direct, and true, reading it made my day even though it kind of applies to me at least a little bit.

Thanks Sven!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
2 years 2 months ago #365376 by Alethea Thompson
Wanted to update this with a couple quotes I've collected over the last few years. :)

“In meditation, it's possible to hear things without being crazy. Could be your inner self giving you the message you need to hear. The Force is both within and without -- a message from the Force and a message from yourself are not necessarily different things.” -TheDude

“It’s called the hero’s journey, not the hero’s road trip” -Rosalyn

Jedi are not without feelings, the opposite in fact, they work with them as the conduit of the Force as awareness rather than power. - Acanthos

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: River, Vincent Causse, Wraith

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi