A Real Physical Temple

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #250271 by
Replied by on topic A Real Physical Temple

Silas Mercury wrote: Ok, then how about we ask everyone here to save up something like $2 a day for the next 4 or so years, and then at the annual reunions we give the money to someone on the council who will oversee that it goes someplace good, then, we invest that money in a Temple. Sound like a good idea ??

No , i would rather safe that money to travel around the world to meet you all , instead of funding a Temple that so many of us cannot visit , so no , i dont really have an interest in a "real" Temple , the online Temple is as real to me as that, and an awesome place to learn and to get to know other Jedi. For a retreat purposes one could rent a conference building with sleeping accomodations i guess but it would still be out of reach for so many of us , so no , i would rather spend that money on travelling :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #250276 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic A Real Physical Temple
The value of money compared to property generally goes down, at least around where I live. In other words, in my neck of the wood it bubbles upwards over time, and so holding off long times to save really small amounts might be a bit like talking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.

So short of a big money donation by someone, if I was able to do a Temple, I'd look at setting up a land trust not-for-profit and try and get some older folk with large chunks of land to entrust the 90% of their land to the trust, in exchange for that 10% of land to be used by the trust to operate itself.... when they pass over to the Force, through their will. People who own land often are sentimental (for good reason) about their land, and the idea of people ensuring it stays in its natural state is appealing to some. Then ya just gotta build it on that 10%, and the rest of the land is available for nature [strike]training[/strike] husbandry.
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #250278 by
That's a good idea. Plus, you're in Australia. And in Australia, there's a heck of a lot of un-used land.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #250302 by
Marta's got the right idea.

Before we build temples worldwide, we need to build temples of a different kind. I am traveling across the country next summer to stay with over 10 Jedi! It's gonna be awesome.

Also, perhaps instead of a national temple, each small geographic area should come up with a temple. Indy Jedi has a 10 year plan to have our temple built. And, Colorado Jedi have something in the works too. Really, that is where it will begin. If there are gathering sites in many metropolitan areas, perhaps MAYBE then there could be a National or International site.

I'm part of a group called Shambhala, and one of our many temples is in just a residential house that has been converted to a temple... they come in all shapes and sizes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #250309 by
There are many who do not like to visit crowds of people. Why not create a monument or specific place dedicated to Jedi, without all the tralala around it? Just point out an area or specific spot or spots in a country.. and Jedi can come and go there whenever they feel in the mood to do so.

No weird crowds, no weird money costs, and no weird administration around it. Just meeting points! Like a circle monument in a estate forest that was already there.. (I know a few), or few roads that come together, maybe just below the Eiffel Tower, Who cares! :laugh:

Before one can realize physical temples, there first need to be a crowd to 'need' it, and a crowd to 'feed' it. Meeting points can be used by any and all, and is way more flexible. Only thing is that I am not sure if any person would like to use those points... Because when you want to go somewhere else, these points do not serve its original kind of purpose anymore. (unless there are points to somewhere else of course!)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #250310 by
I really like that idea. A spot in each country which the Jedi of that country feel is especially appropriate... perhaps somewhere well provisioned with restaurants, hotels etc so that meetups can take place there.

Something that embodies what the Jedi of that country feel is especially apt, by which is not within Jedi control... just as the Force is not in Jedi control.

Points for pilgrimage. :)

At the same time, and forgive the dissenting voice... for Jedi, with our faith in the Force, all is equally sacred, all equally mundane. The Force is no more present in one spot than another... but that's not to say it can't be especially clear in certain spots.

We could make a map of these "Forcely places", which we could all contribute to. But, I feel I'm drifting off topic here...
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

More
7 years 9 months ago #250312 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic A Real Physical Temple

tzb wrote: I really like that idea. A spot in each country which the Jedi of that country feel is especially appropriate... perhaps somewhere well provisioned with restaurants, hotels etc so that meetups can take place there.

Something that embodies what the Jedi of that country feel is especially apt, by which is not within Jedi control... just as the Force is not in Jedi control.

At the same time, and forgive the dissenting voice... for Jedi, with our faith in the Force, all is equally sacred, all equally mundane. The Force is no more present in one spot than another... but that's not to say it can't be especially clear in certain spots.

We could make a map of these "Forcely places", which we could all contribute to. But, I feel I'm drifting off topic here...

Thats actually an extremely good idea, Much like there is the map for totjo jedi, a map of public locations where people have had "connections" or other means with the force, places to visit and share with others who may be traveling on vacations near these area's etc. That would be a great thing to have here at TOTJO....also not to drift off topic...I'll poke jestor and see if he will split this off!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 9 months ago #250313 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic A Real Physical Temple

Tellahane wrote:

tzb wrote: I really like that idea. A spot in each country which the Jedi of that country feel is especially appropriate... perhaps somewhere well provisioned with restaurants, hotels etc so that meetups can take place there.

Thats actually an extremely good idea, Much like there is the map for totjo jedi, a map of public locations where people have had "connections" or other means with the force, places to visit and share with others who may be traveling on vacations near these area's etc. That would be a great thing to have here at TOTJO....also not to drift off topic...I'll poke jestor and see if he will split this off!

I just started a thread on this https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Miscellaneous/115478-points-of-pilgrimage

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #250318 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic A Real Physical Temple
Another idea is taking single, dedicated, life style Jedi and accepting their desire to help the greater community and channel it into opening their homes as Temples. I intend to do this myself, eventually.(I want my daughter to move out first ;))

It would be a stopping pint for people. I have enough land for training area outside, and a house big enough(when its just me) to live in as a library, with rooms for traveling Jedi.

I'm sort of testing the idea with a Jedi, who will be coming to visit during his travels.

Edit: LOL Stopping pint! I'm sure plenty of Jedi would...

rugadd
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rugadd. Reason: funny
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #250571 by
Replied by on topic Re:A Real Physical Temple
A different idea, I know, but would hosting a week long retreat, say once a year or two, each time in a nice location...would that be doable and easier to support and sustain? We could even donate toward equipment and regalia/whatever that would be used for these occasions, but the main funding for the retreat would come from the registered participants...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi