A Real Physical Temple

More
7 years 8 months ago #250572 by Lykeios Little Raven
I'm still waiting for them to build a Hellenic Temple somewhere in the US...

The idea is a fun one but I don't know that it's very feasible.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250577 by
Replied by on topic Re:A Real Physical Temple

Rahatha wrote: A different idea, I know, but would hosting a week long retreat, say once a year or two, each time in a nice location...would that be doable and easier to support and sustain? We could even donate toward equipment and regalia/whatever that would be used for these occasions, but the main funding for the retreat would come from the registered participants...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

We actually already do this!

More
7 years 8 months ago #250579 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic A Real Physical Temple
But planning is the best bit, because it makes the finished product so much more suitable to revel in!!! The building part is a pain in the rump
:S
Unfortunately planning tends to work best after a site is picked, because they gotta work together. So I think it goes back to some list of activities/training, what facilities are needed to support that, and various ways to best to create spaces to that end... and then link all that back to that business plan. Heck, if you can make a profitable business plan then you could target investors!! Another fun thing a few of us have done is get some 3D drawing software and experiment with how we'd construct useful spaces in the most effective and efficient way.

When things happen they can happen fast, and if interested in something then you'd wanna be prepared if you want to participate. I think that whole 'follow your bliss' vibe talked about really has merit, but the trick seems to be being true to yourself about what really motivates your spirit, not what you imagine you might 'want' to do necessarily.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi