Jedi/Meditation Altar

More
8 years 4 months ago #211112 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar
Nice! Have you given any thought to staining it? Doing so will probably enable you to charge a little more...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211113 by
Replied by on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar

Zenchi wrote: Google it, stop being lazy, and stop derailing threads...

I'm curious, asking a sincere question, and being nice. Google doesn't tell me anything about you and your alter. :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #211114 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re:Jedi/Meditation Altar

Kamizu wrote: I'm in the middle of another TotJO donation craft that might look lovely on someone's altar ;)

It's still a work in progress but here's a preview :D it's a small 4" box I think would be great holding little keepsakes or incense

Kewl, I've been thinking about getting into wood carving, the logo carved would be interesting to have. But I keep imagining a carved wooden lightsaber hilt, it could even have a metal thread (female) screwed into one end to take some nature of removable blade. I cannot imagine anyone wanting a wooden hilt but it might be fun to do
:)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
8 years 4 months ago #211115 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:RE: Jedi/Meditation Altar

Zenchi wrote: Nice! Have you given any thought to staining it? Doing so will probably enable you to charge a little more...

Thank you! Yep, that's part of the work in progress ;) going to be a soft honey oak. It'll be auctioned off for TotJO so it'll bring in what it does :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
8 years 4 months ago #211117 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:RE: Re:Jedi/Meditation Altar

Adder wrote:

Kamizu wrote: I'm in the middle of another TotJO donation craft that might look lovely on someone's altar ;)

It's still a work in progress but here's a preview :D it's a small 4" box I think would be great holding little keepsakes or incense

Kewl, I've been thinking about getting into wood carving, the logo carved would be interesting to have. But I keep imagining a carved wooden lightsaber hilt, it could even have a metal thread (female) screwed into one end to take some nature of removable blade. I cannot imagine anyone wanting a wooden hilt but it might be fun to do

I've been eyeing wood carving for a while but I'm not so hot on the 3D art I've tried lol. Maybe someday!

More
8 years 4 months ago #211118 by Zenchi

Kamizu wrote:

Adder wrote:

I've been eyeing wood carving for a while but I'm not so hot on the 3D art I've tried lol. Maybe someday!

What about wood burning? People really go for that stuff...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
8 years 4 months ago #211119 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Jedi/Meditation Altar
I can do basic wood burning. The emblem was actually burned before painting and the plaques I made were burned before staining. Let me dig up the pictures of those! I was pleased how they turned out

More
8 years 4 months ago #211122 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar
I really wish I had burned in the dark part of the emblem in this current project rather than panting but the finished product looks a little different in my head than it is turning out to be lol. This wood burns differently than I'm use to...

But here's the plaques from last donation project I did
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #224241 by
Replied by on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar
Here's my alter/shrine. I have a blue candle for spiritual awakening/enlightenment and a purple one for psychic awakening/enlightenment. Though I wish the blue one were the bigger one because I care more about spiritual enlightenment than psychic, not that it probably matters when it comes to candle "magick". Next I got a pic of my mother for ancestor worship. Not that I worship my mother necessarily but its good to remember those who have come before us, at least to me. And there's my katana which is a symbol of my jedihood because I think we should use swords not toys to symbolize us in order to be taken seriously. And of course the hilt is to the left because it is disrespectful to have the hilt towards the dominant hand when you are not in need of protecting yourself or in competition. Next I have a quartz crystal for energy cleansing and my meditation beads. Finally I have a journal with various Jedi teachings to reflect apon and a wall scroll withe Jedi symbol and code. I would have inscents but I ran

Attachment hde2035c.jpg not found

out.
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi