Jedi/Meditation Altar

More
8 years 4 months ago #211064 by Yugen
Jedi/Meditation Altar was created by Yugen
How would a Jedi meditation altar look like in your opinion?
What would you put on it?

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211077 by
Replied by on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar
There was a thread for that started quite a while back. It has some pictures of altars that other Jedi have made.

Here's the link.

We can still discuss in this thread. It's always good to get a fresh perspective, I just wanted to give you something else to look at too. B)

More
8 years 4 months ago #211080 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar

Goken wrote: There was a thread for that started quite a while back. It has some pictures of altars that other Jedi have made.

Here's the link.

We can still discuss in this thread. It's always good to get a fresh perspective, I just wanted to give you something else to look at too. B)

Ah, thank you
I shall look at it right away

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 4 months ago #211092 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar
Since that thread and the images I posted in it, its become less about objects and locations and more about a sense of a ubiquitous attribute within all things. As a mediator to my functional and experiential relationships outwards to all things. Quite literally the process of natural awareness becoming the altar. Perhaps now instead of an altar, I have an altarior motive
:lol:
:blink:
I currently do not have any altar. Same with meditation for me.

Though ones capacity for this type of thing will probably always remain relative to the other mental processes that are required for ones circumstances. Practice and experience probably just increases the capacity and capabilities available which in turn mitigates how distracting those things are from the practice. In that way an ideal location which was fully supportive of the particular type of practice will always allow for facilitation to perhaps a higher degree then normal - it just needs to have those attributes which reinforce the practice.

For meditation it could be quiet (for calming), or it could be repetitive sounds (for trance), it could be dark (to disengage the visual systems and promote hormones associated with night time) or it could be radiant (to stimulate the skin, waking hormones and perhaps the visual systems).

It depends on the individual practice and I think it would be great to have the ability to create places designed specifically to support particular types of meditative, contemplative or other types of altered states of mind.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #211097 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Jedi/Meditation Altar
This is the smaller altar in my living room, the larger one is being really built at the time being...

Attachment hf6161b1.jpg not found

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211102 by
Why a skull and knife?

More
8 years 4 months ago #211104 by Zenchi
I'm also Pagan...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211108 by

Zenchi wrote: I'm also Pagan...

Please help me make the connections.

More
8 years 4 months ago #211109 by Zenchi
Google it, stop being lazy, and stop derailing threads...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

More
8 years 4 months ago #211110 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Jedi/Meditation Altar
I'm in the middle of another TotJO donation craft that might look lovely on someone's altar ;)

It's still a work in progress but here's a preview :D it's a small 4" box I think would be great holding little keepsakes or incense
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi