Techwear for Jedi

More
8 years 4 months ago #210992 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Techwear for Jedi
I always have an array of stuff on me at all time.

My purse/shoulder bag contains a small first aid kit, sewing kit, hard candy for my husband who is a diabetic, tape measure, leather man, etc.

I also always have my cell phone and ham radio on or with me.

Recently I have been fond of at least having my saber clip on as well, and at my store job I have been wearing my saber in anticipation of Star Wars coming out. It always brings smiles and laughs.

I actually had a guy look at it the other day and ask me what it was. I responded with "it's a custom audio flashlight" he gave me a skeptical look and said it looked like a weapon. I smiled and said "its that too." Then I pulled it off my belt and turned it on for added effect. He roared. I have not heard someone laugh that hard in a long time. He continued to laugh as he walked out the store. For me it's just getting someone to smile or giggle, especially working retail During the holidays.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210995 by
Replied by on topic Techwear for Jedi
I like Weatherproof pants they seem to do good and then just a quality knit top (worked for Hemingway). As for EDC, my pockets and belt are well used. I have an interchangeable array, but my standard two are Summer and Winter:

Beretta Nano with extended mag OR Springfield XD9 Service Model
Browning Black Label Integrity folding knife OR Ontario RAT-3 fixed knife
Streamlight ProTAC flashlight OR a lot of others
Leatherman Wingman OR Gerber Diesel
Army Issue Web Belt
Iphone with SplashETech case
Fisher Space Pen OR pencil (#2)
Moleskin Notepad Or Rite in the Rain notebook
Ever Ready CPR face shield and emergency blanket in my wallet
Lighter and/or fire starter
leather TTU embossed Wallet
Metawatch Frame Or Invicta Pro Diver two-tone Watch
IPad Mini with Honeycase
Metawatch Frame Or Invicta Pro Diver two-tone Watch
Patriot Memory Supersonic Boost XT USB 3.0 256 Flash Drive on MB C230K Fob OR Mini Cooper S fob
Plus if it's cold a Hawke & Co insulated parka that lets me carry a 1911 with two spare mags and my small first aid kit.

only the keys, usb, wallet, notepad and lighter end in up in my pockets, so it not as bulky as it seems. Be prepared, right.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211027 by
Replied by on topic Re:Techwear for Jedi
What kind of ham radio do you carry? I have a little Baofeng. If I ever get land, I want to build some small repeater stations on it to keep the family connected.

More
8 years 4 months ago #211034 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Re:Techwear for Jedi

McNulty wrote: What kind of ham radio do you carry? I have a little Baofeng. If I ever get land, I want to build some small repeater stations on it to keep the family connected.

I know your responding to roz, but just to throw my cents in, I did used to carry my yeasu vx-8 around all the time, for my 2 emt jobs I carry an Icom F3031 that I personally invested in. My truck has a yeasu 8800r, which can act as a cross band repeater which I have used in an emergency once, when we had to link the north uhf repeater to the south vhf repeater to cover the entire county for an operation we did in the ham group I belonged to at the time some years back.

Baofeng's aren't bad little radio's at all. Yeasu has been very reliable for the price, icom is expensive as crap but I've never had better audio quality out of any radio I've owned then the icom.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211039 by

Jestor wrote:

Khaos wrote: They haven't come far enough for you to wear.

Why, the ones I have seen lately are so compact and unobtrusive so that you don't even notice them if your shirts not tucked,but they hold quite a bit.

I use one all the time.

I don't need something so big as a back pack or messenger bag,and I like to have my hands free.

Ah, gotcha....

All joking aside, Im more a "utility belt" guy...

On my belt is always my multitool... next is usually my.flashlight and key clip... Then my phone...

From the llink you provided, it only showed the classic black bag, then I clucked on related products... And, while better, still not for me..

I too like my hands free, and when i want something, I don't want to root around in a bag for it... I like multipocketed cop/ambulance pants too, but have yet to find some that feel right while wearing them...

Just my feelings... :)

If you've got them working for you, good deal... :)

For just work, or personal time too?

Personal, and thats another reason I like the fanny pack. I attach my knife to the belt part, as well as my flashlight, and phone. Keys, I usually keep in the pack, but I attach things to the belt portion with various quick clips. Storage in the front carries an extra clip, an extremely small first aid kit(basics), multi tool( a small leatherman) , identification, ccw permit, and some other odds and ends( bandanna , Ipod, snack).

My gun is small, and fits in my front pocket. I know some will argue round, and clip size, but I would argue shot placement, and comfort of carry.

I wear board shorts, or sweatpants. T shirts, and if cold, a hoodie.

I have no desire to be uncomfortable, and see no reason to be.

I like to have freedom of movement. I wear flip flops almost exclusively, and if not, then I am barefoot. The only time I have my feet covered, is when at work. I cant stand to have my feet covered.

I like the fanny pack because I can just grab it and go, most often any EDC, even if its just ones Drivers license, is forgotten because they dont have it in a way to easily carry.

My gun is small for that reason, it is not cumbersome. I grab the pack, everything is there ,and I go.

I dont want a backpack, nor a messenger bag, because I dont want to lug that around, and people tend to fill the space they have and so, I keep it small. That way, I am not tempted to get over the top with anything.

I am prepared for simple emergencies, and if it is greater, I have a bag in my car with more substantial equipment.

Probably over the top in itself.

I have yet to need,for anything, clothing rougher than cotton. Aside from the dojo, in which case, if not doing Nogi, it is a standard BJJ gi, but that is also cotton, just a bit thicker and rougher.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 4 months ago #211059 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Techwear for Jedi
Well, I do always try to keep my mind open, its just "weird" whenever I have wore one...

My wife does not carry a purse either...

I guess we figure that we dont need to carry around the luggage...

I dont like my old tool bag for the same reason, now that I think about it...

I like everything to have a little 'place', and my new tool bag has a few more pockets, and the large area is smaller, allowing for less 'crap' to accumulate, lol...

And, I like to hang on to some crap, lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211063 by
Oh, im not gonna lie, I get looks, mostly from guys. Probably wondering why I have a wife....

I mostly forget its there and am wondering why there looking at my crotch.

*Sigh* The trials and tribulations of a Sith Lord....Nobody gave Vader crap for that light brite on his chest.

More
8 years 4 months ago #211067 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Techwear for Jedi

Khaos wrote:
*Sigh* The trials and tribulations of a Sith Lord....Nobody gave Vader crap for that light brite on his chest.

Not to his face, anyway. I think that had more to do with Force Chokes than how awesome his light brite was.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211079 by
Can't carry a gun and even pocket knives are looked down here and forbidden in some places. That said, I'd love not to carry a backpack, but can't seem to find a smaller bag that fits my 2DS and Kindle inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #211082 by
Whats a 2DS?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi