How to ensure you stay stressed and miserable. A users guide.

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 11 months ago #191912 by Brenna
NEVER EXERCISE - Exercise wastes a lot of time that could be spent worrying.

EAT ANYTHING YOU WANT - Hey, if cigarette smoke can't cleanse your system, a balanced diet isn't likely to.

GAIN WEIGHT - Work hard at staying at least 25 pounds over your recommended weight.

TAKE PLENTY OF STIMULANTS - The old standards of caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and cola will continue to do the job just fine.

AVOID "WOO-WOO" PRACTICES LIKE NLP - Ignore the evidence suggesting that meditation, yoga, deep breathing, and/or mental imaging help to reduce stress. The Protestant work ethic is good for everyone, Protestant or not.

GET RID OF YOUR SOCIAL SUPPORT SYSTEM - Let the few friends who are willing to tolerate you know that concern yourself with friendships only if you have time, and you never have time. If a few people persist in trying to be your friend, avoid them.

PERSONALIZE ALL CRITICISM - Anyone who criticizes any aspect of your work, family, dog, house, or car is mounting a personal attack. Don't take time to listen, be offended, then return the attack!

THROW OUT YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR - Staying stressed is no laughing matter, and it shouldn't be treated as one.

MALES AND FEMALES ALIKE - BE MACHO - Never ever ask for help, and if you want it done right, do it yourself!

BECOME A WORKAHOLIC - Put work before everything else, and be sure to take work home evenings and weekends. Keep reminding yourself that vacations are for sissies.

DISCARD GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS - Schedule in more activities every day than you can possibly get done and then worry about it all whenever you get a chance.

PROCRASTINATE - Putting things off to the last second always produces a marvelous amount of stress.

WORRY ABOUT THINGS YOU CAN'T CONTROL - Worry about the stock market, earthquakes, global warming, you know, all the big issues.

BECOME NOT ONLY A PERFECTIONIST BUT SET IMPOSSIBLY HIGH STANDARDS... and either beat yourself up, or feel guilty, depressed, discouraged, and/or inadequate when you don't meet them.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, PatrickB, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191914 by
I wonder how many new people will see this and try to apply it. :silly:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191917 by
Anything in particular bring this on?

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 11 months ago #191927 by Brenna

Khaos wrote: I wonder how many new people will see this and try to apply it. :silly:

lololol

No Rickie, I saw it in something I was reading and it made me laugh. Which is why its in the humour section.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 11 months ago #191953 by OB1Shinobi
I CANT WAIT TO TAKE THIS HOME AND TRY IT!! :woohoo:

People are complicated.

More
8 years 11 months ago #191957 by Adder
:)
A silly attempt at counter-humour;

NEVER EXERCISE

I don't do the same thing twice, its too old fashioned. :sick:

TAKE PLENTY OF STIMULANTS - The old standards of caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and cola will continue to do the job just fine.

Something needs to counter the downers I take.... :pinch: :woohoo: :pinch: :woohoo:

GET RID OF YOUR SOCIAL SUPPORT SYSTEM - Let the few friends who are willing to tolerate you know that concern yourself with friendships only if you have time, and you never have time. If a few people persist in trying to be your friend, avoid them.

Avoided ever getting one!!! :huh:

PERSONALIZE ALL CRITICISM - Anyone who criticizes any aspect of your work, family, dog, house, or car is mounting a personal attack. Don't take time to listen, be offended, then return the attack!

Apparently I do this but I don't believe them. :angry:

PROCRASTINATE - Putting things off to the last second always produces a marvelous amount of stress.

Don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow has been central to my self identity. :whistle:

BECOME NOT ONLY A PERFECTIONIST BUT SET IMPOSSIBLY HIGH STANDARDS

Said a perfectionist never. ;)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

More
8 years 11 months ago #192025 by Locksley
I am so good at these already!

.... wait .... :side: :pinch: :dry:

:lol:

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #192561 by
A protip would be to play a mmorpg for 6 hours a day as a free to play player and then watch as your hardwork is wiped away when highscores becomes members only. I was devastated... then I realised I didn't need recognition from anyone else other than me :v

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi