the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest are seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish. The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

Particular attention should be paid to the phrase "if he didn't laugh out loud, it wouldn't be the Tao".
I apologize for injecting seriousness and learning into what was otherwise a humorous situation, but I think it is apropos. The truth of the matter is that these people don't know "us". They don't know the work that we do,and the impact that we have, and the impact Jediism has on us. Nevertheless, we cannot go around attempting to stomp out every fire. We didn't choose this path for the approval of others. We knew that to some it would be considered foolishness. Yet we are here, and we are growing. In the end that is all that matters

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Brenna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #187336 by Breeze el Tierno
I don't think this is even about us being able to laugh at a joke about us, though that is important. This isn't about us. Not even a little bit. We are so far off the radar on this joke.

It's absurd to take this as a slight against us. But it's kind of absurd to laugh it off as a good-natured ribbing. It isn't about us at all.

It's funny because it's funny, not because we're magnanimous. We are not part of the joke. Unless, of course, we show up, which would be hilarious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brenna, Tarran, OB1Shinobi

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #187349 by steamboat28
I feel like this is a very good time to point out that "real" Jedi didn't start the perception of the Jedi religion. Rather, it was people like this, these crazy uni kids in the OP, that got the ball really rolling. And, prior to that, we blame Lucas, who stole the idea from about 5 scholars who stole their ideas from...

We are the last people--literally--who should get high and mighty about anything Jedi. We haven't done a lot to help the world around us yet. Hell, we haven't even done a lot to help ourselves. And yet here these crazy Turkish cats are, fighting for equal representation with their nerd banners high.

If that doesn't make you chuckle, I really just don't know what to tell you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi