What music do you listen to when you exercise?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62999 by

Learn_To_Know wrote:

Desolous wrote:

those are some good metal choices . ive got metallica on the playlist too

the NIN are intriguing. i havent listened to that stuff since high school

i love NIN. i have seen them play twice now; excellent stage show. such furious majestic decadence. check em out again, see what you think!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63019 by

Learn_To_Know wrote:

Seraph Arel wrote: The majority of the time I listen to Lostprophets when I'm training by myself. When I'm down the Gym though my instructor has an album that has all sorts of RnB, Rock, Garage etc which is broken up with inspirational quotes from Muhammed Ali, Bruce Lee and some other people who I don't recognise.

Never heard of Lostprophets...I'll have to check it out and see if it moves me, haha.

Cool idea on the inspirational quotes!

They're a band from Wales. Currently they're spending a lot of their time in the States. 'Liberation Transmission' and 'Start Something' are my favourite albums.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63022 by
I've always found music to be a distraction while working out. Instead I try to focus on being in the exercise and being aware of every signal that might possibly be coming from my body. Not knocking anybody that does listen to music while working out, it's just not for me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63028 by

discordor wrote: I've always found music to be a distraction while working out. Instead I try to focus on being in the exercise and being aware of every signal that might possibly be coming from my body. Not knocking anybody that does listen to music while working out, it's just not for me.

I'll have to try that sometime! Silent yoga. Only me and my Ujjayi breathing!
Thanks for the idea!

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 11 months ago #63044 by RyuJin
I usually watch tv while working out( if lifting weights or running on a treadmill) it allows me to go longer, pushing to exhaustion...otherwise I lose interest after about 45 mins of course if I'm doing martial arts or meditation(the sitting kind) then I prefer quiet...of course my focus is good enough that I don't need silence to meditate...I can tune out anything. I want to

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
11 years 11 months ago #63047 by Ben
If I'm outside I don't like to work out with music, because it distracts me from all the wonderful things that you experience outside like the wind on your face, the scenery, etc.

If I'm in the gym or doing circuits indoors or whatever, I like to listen to something with a strong beat...usually sort of chart music or dance music (as in the chart/pop kind). Not really fussy about what it is or who it's by as long as it has a strong and relatively fast beat!

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63126 by

Desolous wrote:

Learn_To_Know wrote:

Desolous wrote:

those are some good metal choices . ive got metallica on the playlist too

the NIN are intriguing. i havent listened to that stuff since high school

i love NIN. i have seen them play twice now; excellent stage show. such furious majestic decadence. check em out again, see what you think!

I listened to them this morning actually. I had a song from the "Lost Highway" soundtrack. Kind of funny...someone called me a drug the other day, but the song I listened to was called "Perfect Drug"

Haha.

I enjoyed it. I like the description you gave, too: furious majestic decadence.

(Truth be told, it wasn't NIN, it was just Trent Reznor, but I got the idea. My sister had a NIN album I would listen to when I was younger, I'm going to look it up again.)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63135 by
my understanding over the years is that NIN IS pretty much trent reznor. i mean, he wrote and performed all of the debut album, pretty hate machine, almost entirely by himself. on tours and other albums, he often uses different backing musicians. the lineup is very flexible.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63138 by
with the kind of exercise I do, it pretty doesn't matter what kind of music it is.....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #63155 by

A Temple Goddess wrote: with the kind of exercise I do, it pretty doesn't matter what kind of music it is.....

3 lots of 10 minute sessions a day, 5 days a week is the recommended ;)

As for my music... well whatever I feel like listening to at the time. I can listen to pretty much anything lol

A few weeks ago some people might remember me saying I was working out to Britney Spears at 1am in the morning :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi