What music do you listen to when you exercise?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62868 by
hip hop usually makes me wanna keep on training :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62945 by
As you know, I do Vinyasa Yoga for most of my exercise.
Lately I've been trying different styles of music to see what works best.
Shakti mixes are interesting, but often get too fast - even for Vinyasa yoga!
I'm going to be trying some Beatles, Bob Marley, and similar artists soon as well. Think: Love You To, Punky Reggae Party, and Dubstep Yoga

That's really about all I do.. besides house work and occasional kick-boxing. :P But I do kick-boxing to a video so no music is needed for that.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62987 by

Seraph Arel wrote: The majority of the time I listen to Lostprophets when I'm training by myself. When I'm down the Gym though my instructor has an album that has all sorts of RnB, Rock, Garage etc which is broken up with inspirational quotes from Muhammed Ali, Bruce Lee and some other people who I don't recognise.

Never heard of Lostprophets...I'll have to check it out and see if it moves me, haha.

Cool idea on the inspirational quotes!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62988 by

Isac Rozario wrote: hip hop usually makes me wanna keep on training :)

I gotcha there; I've got a few hip hop songs on the playlist.

What hip hop artists do you listen to?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62989 by

Reliah wrote: As you know, I do Vinyasa Yoga for most of my exercise.
Lately I've been trying different styles of music to see what works best.
Shakti mixes are interesting, but often get too fast - even for Vinyasa yoga!
I'm going to be trying some Beatles, Bob Marley, and similar artists soon as well. Think: Love You To, Punky Reggae Party, and Dubstep Yoga

That's really about all I do.. besides house work and occasional kick-boxing. :P But I do kick-boxing to a video so no music is needed for that.

Oh yes...reggae. How could I forget that I also have Red Red Wine on my playlist? (Actually, I didn't forget anything, haha; just an expression. Great song! And that's no lie.)

Never heard of Shakti mixes...I'll have to check those out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62990 by
I am actually just getting back into exercise! And music is a huge motivator for me. I usually just listen to whatever I am digging at the time. But for some reason Collective Soul tends to be my work out music.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62992 by

Tripp Borz wrote: I am actually just getting back into exercise! And music is a huge motivator for me. I usually just listen to whatever I am digging at the time. But for some reason Collective Soul tends to be my work out music.

Good choice!

I also have Collective Soul on my playlist (I have a long playlist, I only sampled a few of them).

Where the River Flows...good song.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62993 by
i dont have a portable music device, so whatever is playing at the gym is whatever i listen to. fortunately, the owner and i share musical tastes, so its metal heavy: metallica, puddle of mudd, some led zep are some i heard recently. on the heavy bag in the garage, its usually whatever CDs i can find that will work on the old stereo there. thus far it has been stone temple pilots, soundgarden, NIN and rob zombie.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62995 by

Desolous wrote: i dont have a portable music device, so whatever is playing at the gym is whatever i listen to. fortunately, the owner and i share musical tastes, so its metal heavy: metallica, puddle of mudd, some led zep are some i heard recently. on the heavy bag in the garage, its usually whatever CDs i can find that will work on the old stereo there. thus far it has been stone temple pilots, soundgarden, NIN and rob zombie.

those are some good metal choices . ive got metallica on the playlist too

the NIN are intriguing. i havent listened to that stuff since high school

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #62998 by
'Alright, let's take a lookie-loo at the girly's MP3 player, here.' Kendalina butted in, while Jack was slowly, steadily pedaling up the hill. Very slowly. And very heaving for breath.

Good God, was she out of shape.

'Aw, Author-san, you're listening to the Sukisho image album.' Akitaro crooned, then started to sing along with the sugary J-Pop lyrics that Jack could only barely catch words of, here and there.

'And before that, you've got all these theme songs to anime like Naruto and Bleach and Digimon, followed by Lady Gaga's 'Born this Way' album.' Kendalina continued, 'Geezus, you're such a nerd.'

"...Shut... up..." Jack panted, somehow continuing to pedal and talk at the same time. And, for that matter, she was even supplying the voices for Kendalina and her other characters. She really needed to stop doing that.

'Wait...' Kendalina paused, looking at the player, '...Opera? You have OPERA on here?'

Just in time, the little techno-bit started to play the Opera classic, Robert de Diablo. In spite of her short breath, Jack strained to sing along and hit the low notes of the bass singer.

Wow... a first soprano singer attempting to sing a bass part in an opera while short of breath on a bicycle... Jack somewhat suspected that was not a very smart move.

'Girly-girl?' Kendalina began.

"...Yeah?"

'...I take it back: You're a FREAK.'

"...Oh... Shut... up..."

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi