Move Around the World!

More
6 years 9 months ago #290707 by Jack.Troutman
Move Around the World
I am thinking about another challenge. A "Move around the world" challenge. You get 1 mile for every minute of moving activity. Example, if a participant does 10 minutes on a treadmill, he or she will earn 10 miles. If they take a rowing class for 45 minutes, that’ll get the participant 45 miles.
Since the Earth is 24,901 miles around, this challenge will be a difficult one, a REALLY difficult one! If you do 60 minutes per day, then it will take approximately 415 days to complete the challenge! Keep in mind, you get 1 mile for 1 minute…not mile for mile! This means the more active you are, the quicker you complete the challenge. I am not sure I am up to this alone and will need some help to keep me motivated. This will be the biggest challenge in which I have ever participated.
To manage this tracking would have to be done on a daily basis and ideally with a running total. If you are interested, please let me know. I know this is a big one and probably over the top, but man it will be fun to go for it!
Thank you for reading and hopefully participating!
May the Force be with you always
Peace and Light

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290715 by
Replied by on topic Move Around the World!
This is an awesome concept!!!!

I'd love to join in!

More
6 years 9 months ago #290726 by Jack.Troutman
KristiaRen, I like the idea you sent me in my email too. Track the number of miles and see where in the world you would actually be and maybe post pics or trivia about that place!
I don't have a starting date yet though. I was wanting to judge interest. I think this will be fun and I will post a starting date soon! Thank you for your interest and willingness to participate!

Force be with you!

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290753 by
I'm cautiously intrigued... Doing this with activity would take me approximately one hundred million years though, lol...

Would people be ok if I participated with a different "fuel"? I'm thinking maybe one minute of meditation per mile

More
6 years 9 months ago #290754 by Jack.Troutman
That's interesting River, but the point is to get people up and active in a way that promotes physical activity and wellness. I know this is a REALLY big challenge, but that is why it is a challenge :)

Peace and Light

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290755 by
Gotcha :)

More
6 years 9 months ago #290758 by Jack.Troutman
Although the meditation idea may be used in another challenge of some kind! That would be interesting as well! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 9 months ago #290765 by Jack.Troutman
I have given this some thought for the last few hours and I now have a starting date. With all of the challenges I have been a part of lately I am going to take a week off...or so. I will start this challenge on Sunday, July 23rd. I will walk/run/swim my way around the world a few miles at a time! Remember, 1 minute equals 1 mile so get moving. I will also post a screenshot of my pedometer to see what I am actually doing as well. This is going to be a very long challenge, but it should be fun. I will post a pic everyday of something in the are equal to the number of miles from my starting point. Example: if I walk/run for 60 minutes, then that is equal to 60 miles. Since my starting point is Louisville, Kentucky I will post a pic of something that is approx. 60 miles away.! The miles/minutes are cumulative so if I do 60 minutes/miles the next day, then I will post a pic of something 120 miles away from my starting point!
Did I make that complicated or is it pretty clear? This should be fun!
Love and Light!

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 8 months ago #292687 by Jack.Troutman
Started one day later than what I wanted, but my first stop is Terre Haute, Indiana.
2 hours is 120 miles :)
https://www.britannica.com/place/Terre-Haute

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292688 by
Is it too late to join?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi