a meditation question I have (please serious answers only)

More
7 years 11 months ago #245146 by FTPC
Now for those Jedi Have seen Bloodsport 1 and Ninja Turtles 1
How do I let my body get to that Level of meditation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYDrs2ykcI (start watching at 3:00/5:10

and in Ninja turtles the 1st movie were Leo called Spinster

and then later that night all four of the turtles did this

can A jedi like me do this? and if so how

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #245148 by Breeze el Tierno
Serious answer:

What you are looking at is not, strictly speaking, meditation. Stretching, guided imagery, telepathy, etc., but not meditation as such.

Yes, there are a variety of schools of thought re:meditation, but you're discussing something else. Which is fine.

Guided imagery can be a useful practice. Anyone can do it given the right resources. I suspect you could find something on youtube, given time. I have known athletes who used it to good effect.

As for the telepathy and contacting other people, now you're stepping into the realm of the supernatural. I don't believe in telepathy, but there are people here who may and they may be the resource you are interested in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC, Brick

More
7 years 11 months ago #245154 by Carlos.Martinez3
Truthfully... brother we have yet to see fully what the human potential is.

Now movies is movies...said just like that.
A lot subscribe to meditation as soothing and calming... and it is to those who seek that. Syncritism let's us look and gain what we seek.
When I find other meditation teqnigues I say to my self...can I do that? Can I find that? Can I use it? Is it worth gaining? Sharing? These questions, different meditation can help answer. Meditation for me some times isn't a simple quiet time... oh no some days removing ones self as well as calming ones self reveals so much deeper than sitting quietly alone. It takes work. Lots of time and effort. So friend I say seek and you will Will WILL find what u seek. It may change along the way so don't be alarmed! Be well and thanks for the post. I look forward to see what blooms!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #245158 by

Sensei in ''Blood sport training'': ,,Practice until you can meditate, nothing can destruct you / till you see and feel nothing but your own energy''

One who does not feel the energy of other people, will be one who cannot have empathy.. that is quite a dark path you would even be able to walk it.., if you would train under this sensei. Not being able to feel people`s emotions, is the same as not being able to interact. Every form of communication requires on some level emotions. Does not matter if it is to learn communicating.. or to understand the concept behind something.. It requires to feel, if not we would be brain dead very soon! :blush:

There is a huge difference between Telepathy, Instinct, and Empathy.
  • Instinct is doing something without learning it;
  • Telepathy is the transmission of information from one person to another person without using any known sensory channels;
  • Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another being is experiencing from within the other beings frame of reference.

Empathy is not to be confused with telepathy, though they can give similar results in some cases because feelings hold information, they are highly different:
  • You will learn very quick that, when seeing an empath, they feel feelings, including emotional information, with the known sensory channels;
  • When you watch an telepath, you should see that ehm.. well.. I have never seen one, but it would be all kinds of information without using sensory channels.

Personally I do not believe in telepathy, but I do believe in empathy. With that I would like to mention that I do not believe that material arts is a way to create more empathy. Sensei blood thingy explained it quite well eh?! It is more like understanding situations based on previous happened things. But that is just my opinion..

~ Aqua
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #245161 by Adder
I'm sure some proverb somewhere says something like plant the seed, grow the trunk, give the fruit, become the flower.... to 'see the light', and it might reference the preparatory practises of many Eastern meditations of single-pointed, emptiness, compassion and result, or as Mahamudra might put it one-pointedness, simplicity, one taste and non-meditation. Generally speaking once the view to the result is obtained one just exercises some set of paramita's as actions of that view until such point that the result is attained, the result then starts defining action more then proceeding effort of discipline itself. So that might take a decade or two, or happen instantly...

But you don't want to make it any more difficult then it has to be ideally. There is though plenty of approaches and techniques to work with different impediments to progress in various schools of Buddhism, but we don't want to be Buddhist right, rather Jedi
B)
I guess it helps to always see a boundless reservoir of what your looking for already inside you while also outside you, rather then clawing for some external reward.... make them 'one taste', but then again perhaps it has to be difficult, depends what your going for perhaps.

In an effort to make up my own approach I use my learnings from other systems to have mental visualizations which become imbued with math, but it is also 'seated' in a basis of thing like compassion, focus, non-violence, discipline, efficiency, equilibrium, self, no-self... around the concept of the Force. It would be good if it was easy for me but I need to try and explain everything to myself for some reason
:pinch:
and there is enough material in Eastern spirituality and philosophy to get completely lost in :silly:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

But ya know, things take time, how we spend it defines us, not the little bits we might wish did - its the whole lot that does IMO, which is where the discipline and appropriate intention that is flexible enough to be applied in real life and grow, starts to pay off over time. Make the best of what you can, what is in front of you, and try to grow it properly rather then just rushing to some specific dream I think.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC

More
7 years 11 months ago #245168 by FTPC
and about the ninja turtles calling Splinter and he came to them in a blue flame is that real and what is ninja medition or what?

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #245170 by

FTPC wrote: and about the ninja turtles calling Splinter and he came to them in a blue flame is that real and what is ninja medition or what?

Purely talking about shinobi. It is highly stereotyped, the traditional shinobi did not wear black, but deep dark blue. Only so at night on rare missions. But even at night they tend to wear 'normal' cloth to blend in in case of being spotted somehow.. During war on the battlefield they would wear yoroi or kusari, but more simple cloth armor forms were also known to be worn. :blush:

The shinobi in its basic origin is a guerrilla fighter, spy or no spy... It is known that the influences of early Ninjutsu can be linked back to the 14th century China. It could be linked back further in time if you would follow the trail.. the idea of Ninjutsu is not something of the last 400 years, it can be seen in many cultures. Under different names and styles. :laugh:

Hattori Hanzo and Tokugawa Ieyasu, two friends, used to fight side by side against the Ashikaga shogun. In the end Tokugawa would create an end to the Sengoku period in 1603, introducing the Edo period. This Edo period did end when the Meiji period with restoration began in 1868. Realize that between 1603 and 1868 much changed. And the same is with meditation. :side: Real shinobi meditation can be classified in ryū, or school, and in religion. During the many changes, the ways of meditating changed to adapt the practitioner to the environment. Note that the shinobi could also use foreign forms that were not from Nihon origin too. ;)

If you can read Nihongo, I recommend you to read the shinobi Bansenshukai scrolls, (萬川集海), as it contains lots of philosophy --> X
If you cannot read Nihongo, just as I cannot read it, :blush: then this link below might be useful.. --> X

~ Aqua
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #245172 by

and about the ninja turtles calling Splinter and he came to them in a blue flame is that real and what is ninja medition or what?

Sorry to tell you, friend. What you see in movies is not real. No amount of meditation is likely to bring you the ability to psychically channel rat mentors in swaths of blue flame...

However, jogging is really good for the lungs, promotes discipline, concentration, etc......

More
7 years 11 months ago #245245 by Manu
FTPC, to be able to summon splinter, you will first require about 2cc of green ooze. I'm pretty sure the company that made those cannisters stopped manufacturing it at some point in the late 80's, but you might get lucky on eBay or Amazon.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #245265 by
Not sure if this helps or causes more questions, but I believe that if you can get to a certain meditative state, you can project your thoughts elsewhere. It's called remote viewing. I've done it once and haven't been able to do it since under any circumstance. I wanted to see if I could visit a friend of mine and made the attempt. I found myself in a house and went upstairs. The hallway appeared to be a bluish tint. I went to a door and was startled by a movement. I came out of whatever state I was in.

To add to the mystery, when I visited my friend, I found the house to be familiar. I had never been there before. When asked to get a utensil, I knew where they were kept without prompting. Her cat came to me as if I were a friend. She said it usually doesn't like other people. At night, the upstairs hallway has a bluish tint when her brother's door is open (light from the fish tank).

I think there are depths to the mind that very few of us know are there. With a very calm state, perhaps we can tap into some unknown potential. I was told by a another friend (who has psychic ability in her family) that I have the gift. My door is only slightly open however. I could have been given suggestions to open the door further, but I declined. Perhaps, you can find your own way to open the closed doors deep in your mind. Anything is possible.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi