Where do you meditate?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #218554 by
Where do you meditate? was created by
Where do you meditate? Do you have a special spot in your house?
I like meditating outside whenever possible. I love being out in nature, I feel like it brings me back to my roots. There's even this one spot in pacific beach, California I like to go to, it's on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Sometimes they have group yoga classes there but usually there aren't many people. Every once and a while after work I'll take a drive into the mountains and meditate while watching the sunset.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #218559 by
Replied by on topic Where do you meditate?
I am only just begining to Meditate every day so for now i do it in the Livingroom but later on i want to make a space in one of the spare rooms where i can meditate and do excersises :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #218561 by
On a zafu in my bedroom.

My new place will have a top floor sundeck, and I'm looking forward to moving meditation outside in all weathers - currently looking at a waterproof army poncho to make that plausible. I love meditating outside but I don't have any private space to do that at my current place.

More
8 years 4 months ago #218562 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Where do you meditate?
In my room, door shut and two candles lit, and usually i have some music in the backround
But i love to meditate outside in the summer

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #218571 by
I also find nature to be my source. Im fortunate to have a lot of bush around me so while im inbetween jobs, even for ten minutes, I will find a place away from everyone and sit under a tree.If I am somewhere I can not leave, I use visualisation and imagine myself back in the mountains, sitting by the running river.

More
8 years 4 months ago #218587 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Where do you meditate?
I love Pacific Beach!

I usually do it in the shower, sauna or while walking or running. I wish I had easy access to anything "nature" beyond the tree in my yard XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #218609 by
I have a small "shrine" that I have meaningful objects on it, as well as symbolic ones. I also like meditating outside on the shade of a tree, but this season I am unable to do that, haha.

More
8 years 4 months ago #218635 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic Where do you meditate?
I grew up on a farm... Once I cured my fear of heights, the top of silo was an amazing place to relax. Only since discovering Jediism have I taken to meditation up there, and have only been able to do so during my brief moments home from college.

As for empty meditation, anywhere quiet and away from people seems to work. Preferably in nature, next to an ambient noise such as wind or a brook.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #218670 by
Any place quiet and comfortable where I can relax.

More
8 years 4 months ago #218706 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Where do you meditate?
Similar recent thread here , but I also like to be next to a big tree on a sunny windy day. I guess its like sitting next to a live orchestra the music can take you over, and in the same way the complexity of the tree's movement can 'swamp' ones capacity to focus visually, so if you can disassociate that narrow optical fixation into a broad open connection of of simple movement - then it can release a lot of relaxation potential where the visual field is associated to feeling rather then thinking. I like water too, same concept with the waves, especially at night with lights dancing on surface as well!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi