Early Morning Wake-Up Strategies? (Rowing Issues)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #102495 by RyuJin

Desolous wrote:

RyuJin wrote: Could also use what we called (in navy boot camp)rickie wake up juice...coffee, orange juice, and chocolate milk mixed together...it'll definitely wake you up....amongst other things....

Sick, dude! That would cause me to start my morning by barfing, I think.

Lol it'll wake you up though won't it...

As to post workout snack...banana, dry roast peanuts, and lots of water, or watered down gatorade...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102497 by Archon
I did. I pushed out a 10-page math paper this morning, so all I want now is to get the stray exponents from my head and move forward.

That, and I have to shovel the 9 inches of snow from the sidewalk. That's my allotted physical training for the day, as I have more homework.

Continue on rowing, my friend. Your dedication is a good example to us all.

MTFBWY,
Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102508 by
The water, or simply watered-down gatorade normally work well, yet the peanuts sure sound like a good snack to have and I will look into it at practice tomorrow :) Thanks for the tip, RyuJin!

And a ten page math paper? That can never be enjoyable! I recently wrote up a fourteen page document on Holy Roman Emperor Henry IV and his feuding with Pope Gregory VII, so I most certainly understand and appreciate your work, Robert! Best of luck with the shoveling and the homework! I'm off to tackle some biology work at the present myself. Oh how I do not enjoy functional groups! :(

Your work ethic, effort and words are all inspiring to me, and I thank all of you for your help! I will implement a few of the untried strategies tomorrow in tandem with what worked today, so please wish me luck! Let's hope for some decent weather!

~Lorian~

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102517 by
There have been some studies suggesting that your REM cycles each last 90 minutes. Waking up in the middle of one is said to be very difficult, so I recommend going to bed at a time that lets you sleep an amount of time that can be evenly divided by 90 minutes. I, for example, wake up at 6:30am every day, so I should try to go to sleep at 9:30pm, 11pm, or 12:30am (6, 5, and 4 full REM cycles, respectively). This seems to work for me. I also set multiple alarms; one is across the room from where I sleep, so that I'm forced out of bed. Once out of bed, it's important to stay on your feet. For me, getting dressed in the light and then brushing my teeth is enough to wake me up, but what works for you may vary.

If there's only one thing you take from my post it should be this: sleep an amount of time that can be split into 90 minute intervals.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102618 by
The breathing techniques and the sleeping pattern business worked very well for me this morning! A very grand thank you to Reliah and Darron :D

The food suggestions have been fantastic as well!!!!

I am in your debt, all of you, for such kindness and support :)

Does anyone else need assistance in the realm of sports or sleep?

Cheers!

~Lorian~

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102646 by
Cold water dousing.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 weeks ago #105153 by
I've found that warm water, applied with a sponge, actually does a half-decent job as well :p Thanks for the suggestion though, Khaos. I tailored it to my preference after dunking my head briefly in cold water at 5am failed to do anything except make me curse ;)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #105176 by Whyte Horse
OMFG this totally works!

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi