Early Morning Wake-Up Strategies? (Rowing Issues)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102373 by

Lorian wrote: I often set multiple alarms, yet this simply serves to annoy every member of the household while also rendering me rather heated towards my various clocks as well.

Awesome. LOL.

My method is simple. The alarm goes off...my wife rolls over to avoid said sound...I zombie my way to the bathroom sink...splash cold water on my face and voila!

The morning is great again!

Good luck to you on your morning routine.

And FYI, option B is the 10 month old, or 2 year old deciding to cry about 8-11 minutes before my alarm goes off. That's another good way to wake up, but it's not for the faint of heart, lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #102376 by RyuJin
Could also use what we called (in navy boot camp)rickie wake up juice...coffee, orange juice, and chocolate milk mixed together...it'll definitely wake you up....amongst other things....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
11 years 1 month ago #102378 by Archon
I have found that waking up is, from time to time, related to how you go to sleep. When I take just a few minutes to put your clothes out, drink a glass of water (not a sugar drink), and meditate just a few moments before I nod off, I sleep better and wake up prepared, even after six hours of sleep.

Understand, the body is not designed to work on six hours of sleep indefinitely, and will start fighting back if you do not take care of it. Think of it as a Force imbalance, if you will. Eight hours of uninterrupted, peaceful sleep is preferred if you have the time.

Your dedication to your sport and team is admirable. Continue to be a positive influence.

MTFBWY,

Robert

More
11 years 1 month ago #102380 by Whyte Horse
I have a solution that works every time: don't go rowing at 4:40 AM. We used to wake up early in the military and it was sheer stupidity but very good for brainwashing. I usually shaved when I woke up which is really effective if you cut yourself the first few times.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102396 by

RyuJin wrote: Could also use what we called (in navy boot camp)rickie wake up juice...coffee, orange juice, and chocolate milk mixed together...it'll definitely wake you up....amongst other things....

Sick, dude! That would cause me to start my morning by barfing, I think.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102401 by
The orange juice, focusing, music and mutliple alarms seems to work quite well this morning! Thanks again for the suggestions, everyone! Reliah, I have yet to watch the video on breathing exercises, and that brain-wave programme sounds very cool indeed! Coffee, orange juice...and chocolate milk? Tempting ;) Haha, a good sleep certainly is an essential piece in the battle for waking up, and I am greatful to you all for the support during my trials with this obscure yet terribly enjoyable sport :)

Any good post-workout snacks? I'M STARVING!!!

~Lorian~

More
11 years 1 month ago #102437 by Archon
I am glad to hear that your morning is going well.

Banana's are amazing post-workout snacks. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals, natural sugars, and are somewhat filling.

MTFBWY,

Robert

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102460 by
Yogurt, I found, was a nice way to recover this morning. I normally pack oranges, an apple, some mixed vegetables and usually some wheat products as well. As for the bananas, I should probably invest in some :p Thank you for the recommendation!

Did you enjoy your morning, Robert?

May the Force be with you as well :)

Cheers!

~Lorian~

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102479 by
ive always heard chugging a glass of water was a good way to rehydrate yourself and jump start your metabolism in the mornings. tho i dont always do it, myself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102482 by
I get why the coffee and the chocolate milk with orange juice does it, because if you mix them all up it turns very bitter. Very good. That's a very good idea.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi