Freemason Jedis

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135079 by
Replied by on topic Freemason Jedis
Perhaps the Lucifer thing was a stretch; no idea since I found it through a search about freemasonry. But, from my conversation with one, he said that their vision was to "illuminate the minds of men", which could be through leadership training or community involvement. I won't pretend to know any more than that because it would be dishonest, and conspiracy theories make me laugh. They do have web sites of their own to tell you what they're all about. One that isn't particular to any geographical location is here .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #135095 by Llama Su
Replied by Llama Su on topic Freemason Jedis
The Free Masons I have spoken to on other sites come across arrogant... Mind you I never met one in person... All I was doing was asking questions, never made any statement of claim they were evil, or anything...

More
10 years 2 months ago #135101 by Zanthan Storm
Replied by Zanthan Storm on topic Freemason Jedis
To answer the original question: Masons swear on a holy text. For Jediists, our liturgical book would serve. In each lodge, it can differ depending on the religion of the members and the region.

As for the wonder of what we do, and the secrecy we hold..... This is for each mason to hold the secrets entrusted to themselves.

However, our lodges have been around for a very long time. There are many books detailing almost everything that goes on. Born in blood is a book the details the history. There are quite a few.

However, I will be happy to answer any questions I can without violating my own oaths here.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest,

More
10 years 2 months ago #135114 by Llama Su
I apologize, I just do not find this information sufficient for an answer to my questions... I mean no disrespect out of my curiosity...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135117 by
I would simply like to know why an atheist cannot be a mason. What about masonry makes that so terrible? I went into more detail with the question in my other post, but as yet, no one has answered it.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #135126 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Freemason Jedis
People have their rules for their reasons.

I gave my understanding of it once.

Wescli Wardest wrote: From what I understand of their beliefs, the importance of having one (a deity) that is higher than the individual is because of their belief in a grand design and their place to serve. If there were not an architect, who would you serve, be “accountable” to and gain a “divine” guidance from?
Jut my opinion from the details I have been able to gather.

I would like it if any Jedi belonging to the Masons could clarify but I am not going to push the issue.

Okay, I just went and talked to my friend that is a Mason. I posed the same question to him.
Answer…

Because the Oath would not mean anything if you do not believe in what you are swearing on.

And then he asked, “Why would someone want to join a fraternal group if they did not share the same beliefs as the group?” And we had an interesting conversation about it. He is a good guy and not only do I trust him, but I consider him a friend. So I believe his answers and think his question has merit.

Why do you want to join a group that you do not share a belief in the same things as? Is it because you want to break down some barrier?

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zanthan Storm

More
10 years 2 months ago #135127 by Llama Su
How does a Free Mason keep an open mind, through the veil of secrecy.?
How can a Free Mason pledge an allegiance with Jedi?
Is there any contradiction between Free Masonry and Jediism? How does one follow the oaths of both?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #135128 by Zanthan Storm
Replied by Zanthan Storm on topic Freemason Jedis
While I can not say why there is no atheist lodge within the masons. Belief in something higher than yourself would make the most sense to me as to why there is a requirement. However, atheists, to my knowledge believe in things just like everyone else. It would make sense that it is possible to hold yourself to a higher power if it was recognized by yourself because in the end you are the one who is making a committment. A book of holy law, or any other symbol would work in my opinion. I have been a mason for on 5 years now and I have met with people from all walks of life. I think there was actually a petition to make an atheist lodge made to the Grand Lodge a little while back. I don't have the answer right here as I am responding on my phone.

llama. I take no offense to your questions. As I said before somethings you will have to go read and look up because of an oath I took. As a man of my word I can not tell you these 'secrets,' but as I said in my previous posts there are many, many, many places to find the information. I can tell you that in all my time as a mason, behind the doors of the lodge, no sinister intent was brought, no plot or ploy outside of community service and enriching my own life. As masons we seek to enrich our community by bettering ourselves and helping those around us.

Acceptance? Acceptance of what exactly?

Difference between mason and freemason... Well there isn't one. Like Paramedic and Medic they are two terms that describe the same thing.

Though I would pose a question to you all, what kind of illumination has been moving humanity forward for millenia? No I am not talking about photons from the sun.

How does a Free Mason keep an open mind, through the veil of secrecy?
Um... like everyone else. Everyone has secrets, my fellowship only gives me additions reasons to assist people. It has never stopped me from doing what I believe is right, nor considering different opinions.

How can a Free Mason pledge an allegiance with Jedi?
Why would we not?

Is there any contradiction between Free Masonry and Jediism? How does one follow the oaths of both?
Nope. The oaths sworn in a lodge are made in a way where only you are bound to promises given therein. I was raised roman catholic, I am a Bishop and Master Knight of Jediism and I am a Master Mason. While the catholic church still frowns on my masonry. it has not interferred with my life, it has only enriched it. To be honest, it is very easy to be a Mason and everything else.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Zanthan Storm. Reason: Addition of content
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135136 by
This is maybe a bit off-topic but I studied Freemason symbolism and rituals quite a lot and was just wondering what exactly can still be considered "Freemasonry". For example there are Rosicrucian groups that have initiation rituals similar to those used in FM lodges.

Also, recently I came across an old book from the "Woodmen of the World" and their rituals are almost verbatim the same as those used in some Masonic lodges.

So my question would actually be: Can such groups be considered as being Freemasons? Who determines what is part of the Freemason "world" and what is not? I did read something about "irregular" masons once but I'm not really sure what the term means. Does it apply to certain lodges within Freemasonry (such as those who accept women) or does it mean groups like the ones I mentioned above?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135141 by

Zanthan Storm wrote: I was raised roman catholic, I am a Bishop and Master Knight of Jediism and I am a Master Mason. While the catholic church still frowns on my masonry. it has not interferred with my life, it has only enriched it. To be honest, it is very easy to be a Mason and everything else.

It is true that the relationship between the Catholic Church and Freemasonry has been a difficult and troublesome one. It's interesting to note however that following the Second Vatican Council, the church - through a special delegation - did enter into talks with various representatives of masonry in order to determine if membership in (some) lodges would be acceptable for Catholics. After quite a lot of discussions, the church denied this.
However, despite this fact, the new Church Canon Law Book (= CIC 1983) issued under Pope John Paul II. does no longer explicitly threaten masons with excommunication so I think one could say that tensions have relaxed a little.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi