Different Jedi Sects

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335525 by
Replied by on topic Different Jedi Sects

Br. John wrote:

pianolight wrote: In one of the teacher introductions, she explains that they used to be one and the same. Apparently there was a rift at some point, hence the two sites.

TempleOfTheJediOrder.org and TempleOfTheJediForce.org split over 12 years ago. We have never had anything to do with the for profit business now going by become the f----.

The group is largely volunteer-based, and Jones says that the prices they’re charging for the various lectures and lessons goes toward defraying the costs of web hosting and other expenses, like the cost of lawyers. Should they avoid any more legal fees, Jones says the church hopes to raise money for volunteer work. That might include pitching in when American members’ need help covering health care expenses and performing other acts of kindness. That’s the Jedi way, which you can master right now for about $150.
-Inverse Article

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335531 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Different Jedi Sects

ren wrote: I never understood why jedi realists welcomed Jones and co after they made a mockery of us !

Jediism is more dogmatic.
Jedi realism is more open to interpretation, with most followers using it as a top-up over an existing religion.

When did the realists welcome Jones? I'm not saying he does not have any gifts, but if he does they have yet to be opened.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335533 by

Br. John wrote:

ren wrote: I never understood why jedi realists welcomed Jones and co after they made a mockery of us !

Jedi realism is more open to interpretation, with most followers using it as a top-up over an existing religion.

When did the realists welcome Jones? I'm not saying he does not have any gifts, but if he does they have yet to be opened.

Can we refrain from bashing other groups/individuals, please and thank you? As per the recently announced Strategic Plan, we're trying to expand our horizons and will eventually be changing how we approach different groups. As head of our Order, start fostering that type of energy. Be an example.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by .

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #335535 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Different Jedi Sects
I don't agree with the difference myself, and see the distinctions as superficial. But superficial is not an insult and can have a purpose, its just more a group dynamic function to me than actual difference in path. I just say that because we all have our own beliefs, and the intersection of it and others is both highly variable and highly unique to the individual. Unless of course Jedi Realists don't believe in the Force?I n which case then yes, that would be a big difference :D
There is not enough doctrinal rigidity to classify it as dogma IMO. That would be to interpret the doctrine as if it were a religious doctrine when in fact it is more suited to being a military type of doctrine ie a military religious order. Not military in the sense of war fighting, but military in the sense of applied human effort (rather then faith). For there are more then one type of doctrine, and understanding which one fits helps clarify somethings best manner of functioning. People bought up in religious cultures tend to think there is only one type of doctrine so they often freak out at structure and rules as a result, unnecessarily. Of course using religious practises can be incorporated which can confuse the issue for some! But if I'm the only one who sees it like that then it doesn't really matter LOL

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Adder.

More
5 years 1 month ago #335536 by Br. John

Arisaig wrote:

Br. John wrote:

Can we refrain from bashing other groups/individuals, please and thank you? As per the recently announced Strategic Plan, we're trying to expand our horizons and will eventually be changing how we approach different groups. As head of our Order, start fostering that type of energy. Be an example.

A fraud is a fraud. Any objection to warnings about the fake phone calls with people saying they are the IRS and you'll be arrested unless you pay, now? https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-scams-consumer-alerts Is it bashing to say beware of the people doing this Social Security Scam? https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2018/12/what-social-security-scam-sounds

A person running a for profit business masquerading as a non profit is a fraud. Have you counted the blatent lies in the book? A lie is a lie. Are you saying a person is a Jedi because they say they're one? Or that if you put Church in the name of your business it makes you a church?

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335537 by
Perhaps. But you didn't say that. Instead you decided to resort to petty insults rather than the warning against his character that you've followed up with.

Next time, lead with that, eh?

More
5 years 1 month ago #335538 by Br. John

Arisaig wrote: Perhaps. But you didn't say that. Instead you decided to resort to petty insults rather than the warning against his character that you've followed up with.

Next time, lead with that, eh?

Thank you for the advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mprjD74T90

Founder of The Order

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 1 month ago #335539 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Different Jedi Sects

Br. John wrote:

I'm not sure, it was a few years back. Alethea joined them at the time, I think it would be best to ask her directly.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 month ago #335542 by
Rick Baker of the Facebook groups ticks these boxes too.

Being friendly and willing to connect with other groups is awesome - but not if those groups and individuals would be detrimental to the Temple. There's frauds, con-men and abusers calling themselves Jedi, and it is long since time that the Jedi community stop mincing words. By our inaction, these individuals and their orders have had access to eager, possibly even at-risk people who just want a shot at a better life and a path worth walking.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #336229 by Alethea Thompson
Alethea has never "joined" them. Alethea has given them permission to use a video, and is on their Jedi Facebook group- like she is basically everywhere. Where Alethea is, isn't necessarily where the Jedi Community is.

As a matter of record, CoJ is NOT accepted by the Jedi Community. It has people inside of it- but they are largely their own group and there is very little interaction there. CoJ has expressed, several times that they hope to join the bigger Community but have yet to make strides in that direction.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi