Gedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #280253 by
Gedi was created by
I know most people here have a poor perception of me, and I don't blame them. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I regret the vast majority of the things I've done. I don't know if you can appreciate what that feels like, to look at your life and wish you could start over from the beginning and do everything different. Anyway, I had an epiphany earlier this week, that while some months ago I said wasn't a Jedi anymore, I never really filled in the blank.

It's been said that I have not had any new ideas in a long time, that my 20 years as a Jedi are irrelevant if I haven't done anything recent. Well, that's why I'm posting this. It may not be clear at first what I've created, but those with patience will discover what it there.

The link is in my profile, since we're not allowed to post links here supposedly. And if even this breaks the rules, then screw it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #280254 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
Hi Streen ,

Maybe you could elaborate a bit more on what you have discovered? Your profile is difficult to acces and we do encourage to learn from eachother and reach understanding.

Although some or the other way you have been made feel unwelcome here and i am sorry about that , please share what you want to share with us and we can talk about it.

We all regret things that we have done in the past :)

Its the jedi way to go past that and learn from it

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #280257 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Gedi
I have a sincere question, you of course don't have to answer Streen...

Here goes, do you ever wish to be taken seriously again in this community?

If the answer is no, then no need to continue reading lol...

If the answer is yes, then please allow me to part with some wisdom I've learned in my 44 years living...

STOP with the "poor me" and "nobody likes me" routine, it's tired, trite, and way past it's expiration date buddy.

As long as you continue bringing up the past with every new thread you start, you're shooting yourself in the foot, and have ZERO chance to be taken seriously with any real consideration.

You wish to start a new? YOU CAN, but that shit takes time, and lots of it.

Is it worth it? That all depends on you, but you can start today. Stop with the pity party routine, and you stand a chance at repairing what you have torn apart...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Kit, , OB1Shinobi,

More
6 years 11 months ago #280260 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Gedi
If I'm wrong tell me. It appears you do not agree with much of or all of what The Order is about. It seems you're very much against what The Order is about. So why are you here? It's clear that it's to recruit who you can but is there any other reason?

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #280261 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Gedi
theres this self defense guy on youtube who has a ton of videos about what to do in different self defense situations. he says his credentials are that he's worked security in clubs for 20 years. which sounds pretty impressive if you havent worked security yourself, or until you really think about it.

all security work isnt the same, like all tai chi isnt the same. i can get any random book about tai chi - maybe its a good book and maybe its not- go out in my yard, smoke a joint and mimic the postures. i can do this every day, or i can do it once a week, or twice a month, or even once every two years, and twenty years later i can tell people "ive been doing tai chi for twenty years" and it would true. but it wouldnt really mean that i was competent to teach tai chi. it wouldnt even mean that i really understood tai chi.

and when i watch this guys videos all i see some guy who just made up some defense off the top of his head. he clearly didnt bother to learn from the people who are actually good at doing the moves that he is offering advice on how to defend, so the defenses that he teaches are terrible. they might work in a real life situation if the other person is inexperienced and weaker, and not very determined to do what theyre trying to do, but no one trains to protect themselves from a weaker person who doesnt know anything and doesnt even really want to fight

thats all thatthe techniques this guy shows in his videos would prepare you for, so the only people who take him seriously are the ones who dont know any better. its not because the guy is stupid, or incapable as a human being, but because he is claiming a much higher degree of expertise than what he actually has. he presents himself as an expert, and wants to be respected as an expert, but really he's just some random guy with some random opinion, thats not based on pragmatic experience, despite his claimed 20 years of security.

you have to be a proper student before you can be a proper teacher; there are genuine experts in the world; you have to learn from them before you can claim to be one

it doesnt seem like youve done that streen. in fact, you often reveal that you havent by the things that you say. i never suggested that your time in the community was irrelevant; i only said that it doesnt qualify you for leadership.

you have almost no regular participation with the community, but over and over you try to draw people in to your web sites, even though you know its against the rules and you constantly present yourself as some kind of wise spiritual guru. a wisdom that is belied by the fact that we keep having this same conversation every few months, and here we are, doing it yet again lol

this happens so much that i wonder if you even read the things that people say to you, or if you just post your post and walk away

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Zenchi

More
6 years 11 months ago #280276 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Gedi
I read through your site and didn't really find anything new in your writings.
However I dont understand why you dont just make it a disscussion here?
Some of the points you made I agree with and think would make for a good discussion

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, , Brick

More
6 years 11 months ago #280280 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Gedi

elizabeth wrote: I read through your site and didn't really find anything new in your writings.
However I dont understand why you dont just make it a disscussion here?
Some of the points you made I agree with and think would make for a good discussion

I agree.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #280281 by
Replied by on topic Gedi

Streen wrote: I know most people here have a poor perception of me, and I don't blame them. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I regret the vast majority of the things I've done. I don't know if you can appreciate what that feels like, to look at your life and wish you could start over from the beginning and do everything different.

Dearest Streen, the past may have shaped you but it is no indicator of the present, you are a wonderful person. Shame/guilt is a lesson a curse and a gift depending how you look at it, but that could be said about all kinds of things right?
If you wish to do things different or to start all over I would like to encourage you to do it. There is beauty in change as it reminds us of 'value'. If you need an ear please PM the Clergy or someone you feel comfortable with. If there is something I can help you with please let me know.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #280294 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Gedi
how should people react to this?
you say you wish you could do things differently but this is the same pattern you always follow

i mean its almost verbatum
"gee, sorry everybody. i know ive been doing things wrong but you know, ive come to realize something... oh btw, heres a link to my new website"

....then you vanish

so maybe you could do things differently this time by engaging some of the people in this thread who have made genuine attempt to talk to you.

i dont mean ME btw lol i give you a hard time all the time so i dont blame you for not wanting to answer to me, but martalina and zenchi, br john and elizabeth, and now codex, all have made an attempt, a sincere attempt i think, to create a dialogue with you.
you could honor those attempts, show them the respect that such bids for connection deserve, if youd really like to do things differently

everybody wants to be accepted, and we all want to feel connected to others, maybe thats what youre after right now. if so, heres your chance; you opened this topic, stick with it. dont just linkdrop and disappear this time

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Amaya, ,

More
6 years 11 months ago #280295 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Gedi

I know most people here have a poor perception of me, and I don't blame them

That probably gives you comfort,

The alternative being that we have no perception of you at all B)

Anyway, your post reads like one of a million spam emails I get each day "I can't talk here, but check out my pics on hotrussianbridesdotcom xoxox"

I'm not in the business of clicking on strange links, so either make your thoughts known here, on the forum, where people discuss their thoughts, or go away :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135