I Am

More
7 years 8 months ago #251260 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic I Am

Corwinani wrote: my friend, obviously Your believe in Christ shadowed your thoughts . Did You know that Jesus after his crucified and 3 days in a cave he was actually resurrected ? I hope this everybody knows here. [sic]

First, thank you. I thought I was the only one with the impression that it sounded weird when Streen first said he did not generally agree with Christianity and then in the same breath agreed with some of its central premises (not to mention every other time he rather fondly spoke of biblical characters or events). However, I do not this know here that Jesus after his crucified was actually resurrected. There is quite a number of Muslims who would disagree with that, too. I'm pretty sure you don't know that either, but do feel free to prove me wrong.

But did You know that after his resurrection he lived for 40 days only ? And after 40 days he died my friend, as any other man.

Not according to the Bible he didn't. According to Luke 24 "He was parted from them [the disciples] and carried up into Heaven.", according to Mark 16 "He was received up into Heaven, and sat at the right hand of God.", and if we are to believe Acts 1, "He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their [the disciples'] sight.". Now I'm not the one saying the ascension happened, but you were saying the resurrection did, so...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251278 by
Replied by on topic I Am

Jestor wrote: To really look, to find this within, we have to hash this out, and the only way to do that, is to talk about it... Get mad about it, bitch about it, argue, with our 'cosmic selves' in others... ;)

Thank you, Jestor, that is exactly how I feel. I didn't start this topic to say "this is true and that is false". I know it may have sounded that way, but sometimes I don't say what I mean or mean what I say. I'm a difficult person to communicate with, both here and offline.

Yes it is true I don't necessarily ascribe to Christianity. I believe in Christ, sure, both not the "ianity" part. I stopped going to church a long time ago, and started going back to God. In this sense I use the word "church" as to mean the building where one goes to listen to a particular pastor. The "church" I feel I belong to now is more closely defined as a people. I get my information from a variety or sources on the Bible, not just one hour a week at the chapel down the street.

That isn't to say I'm an expert on biblical knowledge, but I am no amateur. That being said, to address the topic of Christ's resurrection, I do believe he died on the cross for our sins, was risen 3 days later, and 40 days after that ascended to Heaven, a fully grown and physical/spiritual being, 100% Man and 100% God.

That might offend some of you, and you are welcome to disagree, but that is my core belief now. Any concepts of the Force and an ability to use it have transformed into a faith that all things are as they are meant to be. I don't put the power in my own hands anymore. God determines my reality, not my focus. I give it to Him, the Father, to take care of matters in my life. I am not here to express something "I" came up with, but rather to express something, I believe, God wanted me to.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251286 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic I Am
why is Aaron any more "you" than Streen? at least YOU PICKED streen, so it reflected something about your aspirations (or maybe ego) but who knows what your parents were thinking when they named you aaron - i mean, jesus didnt pick the name for you so its not like it has anything to do with YOU as an individual

but to respond to OP

basically, totjo is doing it wrong and really should stop and listen to you??
funny, that sounds just like - well ALL of your topics lol

i like the way you say you arent christian because - well because they are doing it wrong too and should also listen to you lol

Streen wrote: My mission statement has always been "to spread wisdom". Most of the early Jedi in the 90's followed that mission. Before things got complicated. :/

well there ya go, thats youre problem: you got the order backwards lol

should have focused on finding wisdom instead of assuming you already had it

all youve been doing is trying to prove yourself already right - all these years lol

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251289 by
Replied by on topic I Am
I said it before, and I'll say it again, and defend my self from any criticism, historically all we know is that Jesus was a charismatic Arab, nothing more.

More
7 years 8 months ago #251291 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic I Am

Silas Mercury wrote: I said it before, and I'll say it again, and defend my self from any criticism, historically all we know is that Jesus was a charismatic Arab, nothing more.

Does history matter in this case? Aren't the teachings more important? There is no historical record of King Arthur, but we still base our chivalric code on his (and his knights') example...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251292 by
Replied by on topic I Am
Agreed. If I had committed myself to the Jedi cause and to the Force, I would have called Christianity a religion based on fictional story book sic fi and fantasy. Obviously, that sound a joke coming from a Jedi.

More
7 years 8 months ago #251293 by Leah Starspectre

Silas Mercury wrote: Agreed. If I had committed myself to the Jedi cause and to the Force, I would have called Christianity a religion based on fictional story book sic fi and fantasy. Obviously, that sound a joke coming from a Jedi.

If it's not your faith, it shouldn't matter what your view is of its veracity/historicity. In that case, it's not yours to judge. Have an opinion, sure, but don't expect anyone else to give it weight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251294 by
Replied by on topic I Am
I have as much of a right to give my opinion on Christianity as anyone else, even Christians.

More
7 years 8 months ago #251296 by Leah Starspectre

Silas Mercury wrote: I have as much of a right to give my opinion on Christianity as anyone else, even Christians.

By all means! But if you're giving an opinion based in ignorance or spite (or one that seems to be so), expect that people will not want to listen to or value your opinion. You have every right to speak your mind, but that does not protect you from the consequences of doing so.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251297 by
Replied by on topic I Am

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi