reiki healing?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296051 by
Replied by on topic reiki healing?
Oh. I think I misunderstood... as usual, heh. I'm not interested in offering training. Sorry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #296053 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic reiki healing?
The previous topic was actually to create a group of practitioners the Temple could draw on, not to provide teaching. However, some of us plan to do the latter as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296061 by
Oh. That, I could do.

Sorry to be confused/confusing

More
6 years 8 months ago #296073 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic reiki healing?
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate topic to post in, but I have a question.

I have noticed a correlation between people who do "energy healing" and people getting sick, mostly from anecdotal accounts, admittedly.

Has this ever been noticed in the Reiki/energy-healing community, or am I completely off? And if not, is there any possibility of causality between energy healing and getting sick (maybe doing something wrong or getting out of balance)?

I have very little experience with this topic, so my question is completely out of ignorance (and the curiousity that brings).

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296074 by

Atticus wrote: I don't think it's accurate to say we've talked about it for years; rather that there was some conversation years ago that never came to fruition. In any event, it seems the discussion we should be having is less about offering training in one modality than about forming a group experienced in a number of modalities. I don't want to diss online reiki training, but having done first online and then off-, my experience was that the work I did online way back when was just no substitute for having an in-person teacher. YMMV.

The only way to really pull it off would be to have written work but also a weekly group chat to discuss those lessons. I did this over skype im the past and it worked well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296078 by
Hannigan's Reiki courses were very good. He knows his stuff.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296093 by

Manu wrote: I'm not sure if this is the appropriate topic to post in, but I have a question.

I have noticed a correlation between people who do "energy healing" and people getting sick, mostly from anecdotal accounts, admittedly.

Has this ever been noticed in the Reiki/energy-healing community, or am I completely off? And if not, is there any possibility of causality between energy healing and getting sick (maybe doing something wrong or getting out of balance)?

I have very little experience with this topic, so my question is completely out of ignorance (and the curiousity that brings).

I've not experienced this, I don't think, nor have I heard talk of it among other reiki practitioners I know.

More
6 years 8 months ago #296120 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic reiki healing?
Other energy modalities use the healer's energy, but reiki claims no harm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 8 months ago #296264 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic reiki healing?

Manu wrote: I'm not sure if this is the appropriate topic to post in, but I have a question.

My sister-in-law tried reacted strongly to trying to learn any of it, vomiting all over the place, apparently. Ms Adder went on to do level 2 but didn't bother with the 3rd. Sister-in-law elected to stop early obviously :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296267 by
The first few times I *received* reiki I had very strong physical reactions. Seizures and I stopped breathing on the table once. But after 3 sessions, whatever it was cleared.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi