Shark Tank

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341785 by
Shark Tank was created by
I propose an idea. Rather than have snarky and sharky posts strewn throughout the forum, why not dedicate a subforum to it? A place where people could be as rude or snarky as they wanted, say what they wanted? Make it invite only if you prefer or put a disclaimer on it, expressing that it doesn't represent totjo, Jedi, ect.

This way, the guests here could freely interact, even fight if we wanted, free of all this endless finger pointing, self victimization, and threats of being banned (or arrested?). Obviously there will be limits, though they would likely be the same limits most ISPs and domain companies apply. For example, no death threats, advocating illegal activity... The usual.

Just my suggestion as it would free the general forum from having to deal with sharky business.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341787 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Shark Tank
https://templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Miscellaneous/108700-rants-far-and-wide?start=1540#338880

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #341789 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Shark Tank
F@#k Yea!!!!!!! Seriously this is a pretty good idea.

https://southpark.cc.com/clips/2y4k65/what-is-a-holiday

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341791 by
Replied by on topic Shark Tank

Brick wrote: https://templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Miscellaneous/108700-rants-far-and-wide?start=1540#338880

Not a thread, a subforum. No spoiler tags needed.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341792 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Shark Tank
@Brick I was just gonna bring that thread up :D

Anyway, for what little it's worth, I disapprove of that idea. If being snarky is the entire point of any one given post, then there is a thread and all of the rest of the internet for that. By all means, I love me my snark, but if it doesn't serve to make a point, then there is no point to it, and we may do well without. On the other hand, if there is a point, then the presence of the snark would move the post along with the point it is making off what ever discussion could be had using that point and into a dedicated poopfest subforum where it is not supposed to do any good. Opening such a subforum thus would not grant freedoms otherwise withheld, it would instead justify tightening what are otherwise reasonably loose restrictions.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos, Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341794 by

Gisteron wrote: @Brick I was just gonna bring that thread up :D

Anyway, for what little it's worth, I disapprove of that idea. If being snarky is the entire point of any one given post, then there is a thread and all of the rest of the internet for that. By all means, I love me my snark, but if it doesn't serve to make a point, then there is no point to it, and we may do well without. On the other hand, if there is a point, then the presence of the snark would move the post along with the point it is making off what ever discussion could be had using that point and into a dedicated poopfest subforum where it is not supposed to do any good. Opening such a subforum thus would not grant freedoms otherwise withheld, it would instead justify tightening what are otherwise reasonably loose restrictions.

Some of us bond over sharky posts. We expose each other's weaknesses and grow from the experience.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341796 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Shark Tank
Don’t we have a place to vent too? A vent thread ? I think I hit it once a year lol ... maybe next to it? I don’t know - things like that tend to be like the gass and matches combo.
One of the obvious differences in platforms is the way we as a Temple run and :TRY: to conduct ourselves. Free for all’s isn’t a thing here and isn’t productive as well as encouraged. I believe in freedoms and other people’s ideas for sure so I won’t say no but clearly ... I will support it if it happens but a fair warning. . . Flat out I hope we don’t do it. We don’t speak to each other like that and I personally won’t and won’t support it but ... That’s just Pastor. As far as Carlos - nahh pass as well. If it ain’t the Temple - don’t Temple it. Just my opinion

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #341797 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Shark Tank
Yes, and there is no reason why any general discussion forum should be separated from that. All that'd do is justify over-policing the regular discussion forum (worst case to the point of it losing any of it's bite) whilst the snark forum would lose all substance by virtue of being the Temple's figuritive garbage dump.
There is literally only downsides to this idea, at least as far as I can see.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341800 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Don’t we have a place to vent too? A vent thread ? I think I hit it once a year lol ... maybe next to it? I don’t know - things like that tend to be like the gass and matches combo.
One of the obvious differences in platforms is the way we as a Temple run and :TRY: to conduct ourselves. Free for all’s isn’t a thing here and isn’t productive as well as encouraged. I believe in freedoms and other people’s ideas for sure so I won’t say no but clearly ... I will support it if it happens but a fair warning. . . Flat out I hope we don’t do it. We don’t speak to each other like that and I personally won’t and won’t support it but ... That’s just Pastor. As far as Carlos - nahh pass as well. If it ain’t the Temple - don’t Temple it. Just my opinion

A subforum, not a thread.

A place where controversial stuff can go. Threads like my transgender one could go there. Things that invite controversy. A place free of your Jedi ToS. Like... A place OUTSIDE the Temple walls? Like a cantina for all the drunks, gamblers, bounty hunters, Sith, ect. A place of neutral ground.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341802 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Shark Tank

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: A subforum, not a thread.

A place where controversial stuff can go. Threads like my transgender one could go there. Things that invite controversy. A place free of your Jedi ToS. Like... A place OUTSIDE the Temple walls? Like a cantina for all the drunks, gamblers, bounty hunters, Sith, ect. A place of neutral ground.

A place outside the temple walls is, by definition, a place not in the temple, ie not on this site, ie another site. You're welcome to have this cantina on another site and invite people to join you there. I may even get the first round in!

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi