Shark Tank

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341805 by
Replied by on topic Shark Tank

Brick wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: A subforum, not a thread.

A place where controversial stuff can go. Threads like my transgender one could go there. Things that invite controversy. A place free of your Jedi ToS. Like... A place OUTSIDE the Temple walls? Like a cantina for all the drunks, gamblers, bounty hunters, Sith, ect. A place of neutral ground.

A place outside the temple walls is, by definition, a place not in the temple, ie not on this site, ie another site. You're welcome to have this cantina on another site and invite people to join you there. I may even get the first round in!

Hmmm... An unofficial totjo cantina, kept outside these walls. Could it be linked here? Even promoted?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341806 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Shark Tank

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Hmmm... An unofficial totjo cantina, kept outside these walls. Could it be linked here? Even promoted?

You'd struggle to have it officially linked I think. But no reason why you couldn't tell people about it. you could probably link to it in your signature for those that want access to it

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341811 by

Brick wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Hmmm... An unofficial totjo cantina, kept outside these walls. Could it be linked here? Even promoted?

You'd struggle to have it officially linked I think. But no reason why you couldn't tell people about it. you could probably link to it in your signature for those that want access to it

Such a unique idea... I'll be pondering it for certain.

Still, I think my original idea is with considering.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341812 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Shark Tank
There are “cantinas “ available - feel free to ask around - they already exist. Seek and you WILL find. Happy seeking.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341814 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: There are “cantinas “ available - feel free to ask around - they already exist. Seek and you WILL find. Happy seeking.

Not related to force realism...

More
4 years 7 months ago #341821 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Shark Tank

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: A place free of your Jedi ToS. Like... A place OUTSIDE the Temple walls? Like a cantina for all the drunks, gamblers, bounty hunters, Sith, ect. A place of neutral ground.

So, you mean, like a forum outside of TotJO? Because anyone here is completely free to go out and start their own forum, you know. :laugh:

By the way, this idea has been proposed several times over the past years. The best conclusion is what Gisteron pointed out.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341910 by

Manu wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: A place free of your Jedi ToS. Like... A place OUTSIDE the Temple walls? Like a cantina for all the drunks, gamblers, bounty hunters, Sith, ect. A place of neutral ground.

So, you mean, like a forum outside of TotJO? Because anyone here is completely free to go out and start their own forum, you know. :laugh:

By the way, this idea has been proposed several times over the past years. The best conclusion is what Gisteron pointed out.

no, a subforum on this forum, free of the Jedi version of a ToS.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341917 by Brick

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Manu wrote:

no, a subforum on this forum, free of the Jedi version of a ToS.

You won't get a subforum on this site that is free of the ToS. The ToS applies to the entire site.

What you're asking for isn't that far off walking into a Christian Church and asking for them to build you a small room in the far corner where you can go to worship Satan :laugh:

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341920 by

Brick wrote: You won't get a subforum on this site that is free of the ToS. The ToS applies to the entire site.

What you're asking for isn't that far off walking into a Christian Church and asking for them to build you a small room in the far corner where you can go to worship Satan :laugh:

Why not? I can just cry they aren't being inclusive of my religious liberties. :laugh:

Silliness aside, I'm not asking for a Sith cantina, though that would be awesome. No, I'm asking for a subforum where people can discuss controversial matters, fight, rant... whatever, without all this "empathetic listening" and so on. It would keep all this type of content to that forum only, hence the benefit.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341921 by Brick

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Silliness aside, I'm not asking for a Sith cantina, though that would be awesome. No, I'm asking for a subforum where people can discuss controversial matters, fight, rant... whatever, without all this "empathetic listening" and so on. It would keep all this type of content to that forum only, hence the benefit.

Back in the good old days (pre 2017) that's what this entire forum was, until everyone got chased away or just gave up (myself included).

I love a good discussion on a controversial topic, but I'm not sure it would be as snarky/fighty/ranty as you'd actually like it to be. I mean, if it were a Sith forum then yes there would be plenty of snark, but for the majority of Jedi here who can deal with discussing the kind of topics you want, we're pretty good at keeping things relatively calm and rational.

- Knight Senan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi