Confidant Session Form

More
6 years 8 months ago #289056 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Confidant Session Form

Albali Cometlast wrote: As a member here I really like the idea of a confidant session, but it will be for more as an emotional session, at the beginning of the post you were talking that it will be like the catholic church "confession" and in that confession no legal stuff were involved, so I think that the legal discussion is off the subject here.

It isn't, because these confidence sessions would function legally the same as confession wherever it's allowed by law to be a binding seal of confidentiality. We're just calling it something different because of a combination of factors. At least, that's my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #289058 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Confidant Session Form

steamboat28 wrote:

Albali Cometlast wrote: As a member here I really like the idea of a confidant session, but it will be for more as an emotional session, at the beginning of the post you were talking that it will be like the catholic church "confession" and in that confession no legal stuff were involved, so I think that the legal discussion is off the subject here.

It isn't, because these confidence sessions would function legally the same as confession wherever it's allowed by law to be a binding seal of confidentiality. We're just calling it something different because of a combination of factors. At least, that's my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

If its allowed by law to be a binding seal of confidentiality then its legally functioning the same as confession. You see this is important because in my state some things are required by law for clergy to be reported UNLESS it is heard under the seal of confession. This is why the legal aspect is important to be clear on as in one case a person could be a mandatory reporter and in others they are exempt.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 8 months ago #289061 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Confidant Session Form
Are there any countries where Jediism is actually seen as a religion and therefore any laws regarding clergy confidentiality would actually be relevant? Correct me if I'm wrong but the 501(c) status that we have in the US only grants us rights as a non-profit, not as a religion.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
6 years 8 months ago #289063 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Confidant Session Form

Edan wrote: Are there any countries where Jediism is actually seen as a religion and therefore any laws regarding clergy confidentiality would actually be relevant? Correct me if I'm wrong but the 501(c) status that we have in the US only grants us rights as a non-profit, not as a religion.

If we are able to actually ordain a minister and thus license people to perform a marriage then we are able to enact the laws of confession. At least in the US. Because the US does not have an official list of recognized religion but if you wish to start a church ( which is what we have here) they take your word on it and thus in the US all the legal protections of confession do apply as per your state laws.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 8 months ago #290539 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Confidant Session Form
Council gas looked at the form. No problems. We are looking at how to integrate it

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 8 months ago #290549 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Confidant Session Form
Link in the FAQ and a menu bar next to donate? So when someone is in need they aren't struggling to find it, they just find it?

Or, on a member only Forum section, to prevent anyone from using it?

Licensed Clergy Person

More
6 years 8 months ago #291357 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Confidant Session Form
And its up:

Attachment Screenshot_2017-07-18-05-48-34.png not found

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291358 by
Replied by on topic Confidant Session Form
This is awesome! Thanks Ros and all involved :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #291359 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Confidant Session Form
Literally the only change I would make would be to put it in title case. ("Contact Clergy" instead of "Contact clergy")

This is great though. :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 8 months ago #291377 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Confidant Session Form
In legal terms, what goes through the totjo server is subject to french law.

France like many countries does not recognise the existence of any particular religion, although it keeps a list of thought-to-be-dangerous cults.(we're not on it)

Clergy people have no particular rights or obligations in comparison to regular people.

Do note that failing to notify the authorities that someone's life is in danger is a crime-ish.

French jurisdiction is limited in this case, I think the only time you would find yourself in trouble is if you live there, the threat to life (including to own) would have to go through totjo (which is only the initial 'clergy contact form' and not subsequent communication) And the life in danger would have to be in france as well...

A greater issue concerns eu privacy laws, which are being replaced by eu wide regulations in 2018. That should be fairly straight forward: do not take eu citizens information out of the eu and do not distribute it to 3rd parties without express consent (eu police doesnt count as third party), no matter who or where you are.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi