Hosting a Jedi Gathering

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141552 by
Hosting a Jedi Gathering was created by
Since the topic of donations has been brought up I thought I would suggest that if it got to the stage where we had a large amount saved up and were able to fund the expenses of the site for at least another year then it would be well within the realm of possibility to host a Jedi Gathering from the donations.

Alethea, how much does renting the land/rooms for each person come to when a gathering is done? If it was subsidised by us then then the cost of attending would probably be much lower.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 1 week ago #141553 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Hosting a Jedi Gathering
Sigh...

*facepalm*

Lol....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141555 by
Replied by on topic Hosting a Jedi Gathering

Jestor wrote: Sigh...

*facepalm*

Lol....

Could you expand? lol

More
10 years 1 week ago #141575 by Wescli Wardest

*facepalm*

Lol....

hahahahhahha :P

I think that if we ever do get to that point... it may be a difficult thing to offer assistance with non-essential... things!?!?

I think it would be nice to be at the point where we could help our members in such a way. Some concerns to think about would be verifying that they actually need assistance, who to choose to assist (depending on the amount of available funds) and how to not show favoritism. Also, I'm certain there are laws in Texas about how much you can give someone as charitable gains and not relief aid. I don't know that exact number or how it is worded... but I'm pretty sure there is something mentioned about it somewhere.

Just throwing my two cents... I could be WAY off though. It's happened before. :P

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141577 by
Well this seems like a pretty simple idea to get started with... let's suppose we do eventually have $1000 in our bank account... what exactly do we do then? Are we just going to keep hoarding it or are we actually going to spend some of it lol.

This seems like a pretty natural extension of using our funds, if the Temple were to book something (a lodge or whatever) then that would reduce the cost of every attending member, it wouldn't have to be TotJO specific either.

I'm just posing it as an idea, I'll give my honest opinion when I say I think it's a little more feasible than starting to build a building.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 1 week ago #141578 by Jestor

Akkarin wrote:

*facepalm*

Lol....

Could you expand? lol

Well, lol, I feel that we are talking about how we are not at a point for a physical temple, and then you bring an idea about spending money we still dont have, on another thing... lol...

I just found it funny... Despairingly funny....

That's all...

The funny side of me want to ask about getting decoder rings for us all when we get money ahead... lol...

So, I put it out there, bit know I was going for laughs...:woohoo:...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Wescli Wardest, rugadd,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141579 by
Jestor, I have a question... Why do we need money before we ask what to do with it?

To me, the logical sequence of events is:

Make Plans --> Campaign for money --> Do project.

Rather than,

Miraculously get money --> Decide what to do with it.

Like in the other thread, I love that we want to make a goal to pay for the server space for the year. That's an awesome, attainable goal. (at least, I think that's what you're going for... maybe I'm wrong. hahaha)

More
10 years 1 week ago #141580 by Wescli Wardest

Akkarin wrote: Well this seems like a pretty simple idea to get started with... let's suppose we do eventually have $1000 in our bank account... what exactly do we do then? Are we just going to keep hoarding it or are we actually going to spend some of it lol.

This seems like a pretty natural extension of using our funds, if the Temple were to book something (a lodge or whatever) then that would reduce the cost of every attending member, it wouldn't have to be TotJO specific either.

I'm just posing it as an idea, I'll give my honest opinion when I say I think it's a little more feasible than starting to build a building.

If we do ever get to that point it would be awesome. :D

I think it would be nice to be able assist our members in going to one of our functions, but I would almost rather see it go to feed a starving child. I know... I'm a bleeding heart. hahhahhaha :P

Monastic Order of Knights

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #141585 by Jestor
Connor....

I would have thought that our constant comments of the site not being self sufficient would lead people to automatically understand that any and all money goes toward site fees....

My assumptions, combined with lack of direct questions, created some miscommunications, lol...

So, my flow was:

Site needs to be self supporting > donate money > site becomes self supporting...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141587 by
That's a good flow. hahaha. I agree with it too. I think people just will forget about it unless you remind them.

All the time.

That's why church's collect EVERY Sunday. Otherwise, people would not do it on a weekly basis.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi