Development of the Force

More
10 years 1 month ago #140985 by steamboat28

Connor Lidell wrote: 1. Understand the caloric energy you put in your body. (It is the MAIN way that energy enters the body, yes?)

That's debatable.

3. Find yourself at a level of focus where you are only thinking of the task at hand. For athletes, it's doing the sport at your highest level. For musicians like myself, it is completely giving my soul to the piano or my voice.

If only there were a word for that...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #140986 by
Replied by on topic Development of the Force
Although I'm not interested in debate, I am interested in finding myself closer to truth. How else does energy enter the body?

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 1 month ago #140990 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Development of the Force

steamboat28 wrote:
"3. Find yourself at a level of focus where you are only thinking of the task at hand. For athletes, it's doing the sport at your highest level. For musicians like myself, it is completely giving my soul to the piano or my voice."

If only there were a word for that...

Flow. Bliss. Connected.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #140991 by
The buddhists call it Satori.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140994 by steamboat28
Judges?

*buzz*

We're sorry, the answer we were looking for was "meditation," or "what is that thing everybody here at the Temple talks about, but precious few people display an understanding of?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 1 month ago #140996 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Development of the Force
Oh thats right. Sorry. I forgot youre the only one who knows anything, and only the words you prefer are the ones we're allowed to use :P

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #140997 by
It is meditation as well. I see no difference.

More
10 years 1 month ago #141000 by steamboat28

Brenna wrote: Oh thats right. Sorry. I forgot youre the only one who knows anything, and only the words you prefer are the ones we're allowed to use :P

Connor Lidell wrote: It is meditation as well. I see no difference.

My point wasn't that the word was wrong. My point was that there's a lot of discussion on the topic here and most of the people engaged in it (myself included) make the whole process far too complicated. On a website that discusses meditation as much as we do, you'd expect at least a better general understanding and not scads and tons of folks who "can't" meditate.

I'm just saying that if we're going to talk about it as much as we do, maybe we should look at the way we're presenting it and help one another grasp onto the concept more firmly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141002 by
It's funny you mention that. My sermon coming out on Wednesday will, in fact, cover meditation. And, it is born of the same concerns you just mentioned. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141005 by
I'm not liking the borderline-bickering among apprentices...can't we all just use our own words? :dry: There are, after all, as many views as there are people. Whatever word one chooses to call it doesn't change what the thing is itself. ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi