Ethics of the Jedi Mind Trick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172339 by
Replied by on topic Ethics of the Jedi Mind Trick

Brenna wrote:

Goken wrote: I do find it interesting how a thread about forcing people to do stuff against their will resulted in talking someone into posting when they said they didn't want to.

No offense intended Rickie. I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I just find it interesting given the thread topic.

potentially opening up a can of worms but,

I wonder if there is such thing as against your will unless you are over powered physically or mentally forced or manipulated like with a mind trick where you might not be in control of your own thoughts.

Even when we give into coercion, peer pressure or encouragement, we've still made the choice to take that action.

Yes but we have all seen how powerful dominate personalities have gotten his/her way.

The weak surrender, if you want to call that choice I'm OK with that but still the more powerful person needs to be responsible.

I'm bigger than many so should I make them do my biding? Of course not.

I'm smarter and have a greater command of language should I make them do my biding?

I don't tell the truth and manipulate people to serve my ends....

People post because they want to. Some people post because of a knee flex response? I don't think that is manipulation.

Words manipulate people easily. Words are true power.

I've take no offence. I believe you to be a genuine person being honest with your thoughts. That is a good thing,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 4 months ago #172341 by Brenna

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Brenna wrote:

Goken wrote: I do find it interesting how a thread about forcing people to do stuff against their will resulted in talking someone into posting when they said they didn't want to.

No offense intended Rickie. I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I just find it interesting given the thread topic.

potentially opening up a can of worms but,

I wonder if there is such thing as against your will unless you are over powered physically or mentally forced or manipulated like with a mind trick where you might not be in control of your own thoughts.

Even when we give into coercion, peer pressure or encouragement, we've still made the choice to take that action.

Yes but we have all seen how powerful dominate personalities have gotten his/her way.

The weak surrender, if you want to call that choice I'm OK with that but still the more powerful person needs to be responsible.

I've take no offence. I believe you to be a genuine person being honest with your thoughts. That is a good thing,

Why do the weak surrender?

There was no offense intended either. My comment was not about you, it was about the concept of doing something against ones will.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172343 by

No offense taken. I like and respect honestly even if I don't agree.

Talking into? Did I manipulating or stimulating discussion, I hope.

Steam did you feel manipulated or friendly encouragement?

or should I say I'm sorry. ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172344 by

They are weak???? Not sure what your asking. Weak is weak.

I'm not offended about any of these post. :)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #172345 by Brenna

Rickie The Grey wrote:

They are weak???? Not sure what your asking. Weak is weak.

ok. Maybe im not asking it right.

Why do the less dominant personalities bend to the will of more dominant ones?

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Brenna.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172346 by
Because weak minded people often follow. They are distracted from their center by big, shiny dominant personalities. And, they follow them around. B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172347 by

Maybe I'm not understanding it right. They are weak minded.

No different than a physical strong person pushing around a smaller person.

It is the way of things.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 4 months ago #172348 by Brenna

Connor L. wrote: Because weak minded people often follow. They are distracted from their center by big, shiny dominant personalities. And, they follow them around. B)

Thats one possibility. But I think that is more a symptom than a cause.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #172349 by Brenna

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Maybe I'm not understanding it right. They are weak minded.

No different than a physical strong person pushing around a smaller person.

It is the way of things.

But what makes them weak minded?

If a "weaker" person is given the option of going along with what the stronger person wants or finding an alternative to "surrendering", what makes them chose that first option. Because it is a choice, whether they are aware of the choice or make it by default.

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Brenna.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172351 by
I'm sorry they are weak. It may be their nature or emotional/psychological profile I don't know. The weak are prey for the strong.

If a weak person choose to or is forced to align with a strong that would be in their best interest. The strong may say forced and the weak may say chosen. Like everything in life, it depends. Right about now I want to say Ying Yang but I'm tired and going to bed.

Peace

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi