Is A Fertilized Human Egg A Person?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167963 by
[quote="Kitsu Tails" post=167953
Just like the Yolk of an Egg is a baby chick right? ;)[/quote]

What's the connection your making? chicken egg yolk = A fertilized human egg?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #167967 by ren

I don't see how doctors define pregnancy and how "a person" is defined has any bearing. "IT" is human, that's good enough for me.

ren wrote: I guess you don't cut your nails too often then Rickie? :D

Rickie The Grey wrote: nails ???

Well yes, your nails are human too.... and bigger than a zygote.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167969 by

Rickie The Grey wrote: [quote="Kitsu Tails" post=167953
Just like the Yolk of an Egg is a baby chick right? ;)

What's the connection your making? chicken egg yolk = A fertilized human egg?[/quote]

yes

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #167974 by

your nails are human too

Well I suppose you could clone nail cells to make a human but a fertilized human egg would be the more natural way to create life. I also consider the fertilized human egg to be of a much higher value than a nail or egg yoke. But that's me.

More
9 years 5 months ago #167982 by Zenchi
So the subject in question isn't whether it's human or not (the fertilized egg) but more to do with "value"...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 5 months ago #167996 by ren

Rickie The Grey wrote:

your nails are human too

Well I suppose you could clone nail cells to make a human but a fertilized human egg would be the more natural way to create life.

A fertilized human egg is less likely to create life than it is not to create life. Besides, think about all the lives saved by not having offspring :P

I also consider the fertilized human egg to be of a much higher value than a nail or egg yoke. But that's me.

Anthropocentrism.

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/108507-is-a-fertilized-human-egg-a-person?start=10#167641

ren wrote: I think the real question is whether the high opinion we have of ourselves is warranted. What makes a grown person so much better than an (un)fertilized egg, or anything else for that matter?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #168009 by

Zenchi wrote: So the subject in question isn't whether it's human or not (the fertilized egg) but more to do with "value"...

For me yes. I'm not going to get hung up on the definition of "human". I value the fertilized human egg to be much greater than a finger nail or egg yoke.

Yes that is subjective and I'm OK with that. Some will agree, some will disagree, some will make fun of it.

To each their own. :) To thy own self be true. ;)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

More
9 years 5 months ago #168014 by J_Roz
To answer the original question, no it is not.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168023 by

Jedi_Roz wrote: To answer the original question, no it is not.

Roz

This is my first post...

[quote

It's life
It's human

That's enough for me for it to deserve respect and have value, so it should be handeled prudently. If for no other reason than the procreation of our species. Thus sacred, for me at least.

Is it a person? I don't know. That doesn't change my mind. ][/quote]

That's the best I got. The answer is subjective. (Great discussion subject)

IMHO no answered (right or wrong) will ever be universally agreed upon. How the "law" and "doctors" define a "person" is irreverent to what I believe and I suspect there are many that feel the same as I do.

From another perspective, a women that has had the egg fertilized in her body is far better qualified to answer this question definitvly, acording to her feelings and values, better than a man. :) At least this man.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #168815 by
If one wants to save turtle eggs on a beach and give them a chance at life, then one should want to save a human just as much. We are all creatures of the Force, it is not up to us to decide the fate of another before its time. The Force is the ultimate arbiter of our destiny, and whether that be a heroic death on the field of battle or within the womb, we have no right to judge its worth. That is what I believe.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi