The Lessons of Jedi Manners & Etiquette

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165830 by Brenna

carlos.martinez3 wrote: breena... dont forget there are other members of other sights here as well thats where the other codes and lists and things like that come from. Be nice to the neighbors lol JK!!!!!

:) Carlos, If youve read anything Ive been posting over the last week, you would know that I am very respectful of visitors and members of other communities who come to TOTJO for the purposes of mutual benefit.

I am simply confused, and somewhat bewildered.

Kitsu has been vocal in her concerns about the way we say, the language we use and the "apparent" status we have in defining the Jedi path to outsiders. We have addressed it in another thread. Here - http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/108311-definitions

If you step back for a moment and consider both objectively, it appears that the instances I'm discussing suffer from the same language and definition issues.

hence my confusion

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brenna.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165832 by Carlos.Martinez3
Brenna no wories i was only kidding about the be nice to others, one of the things i like about the Templeis that we as a whole are very curtious to others in here and i know you are ! and i have learned when i am confused which happens often i simply bee... lol in other words i just be still for a bit till i do, its helped me not to put my head in my but so to speak lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165833 by Brenna

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Brenna no wories i was only kidding about the be nice to others, one of the things i like about the Templeis that we as a whole are very curtious to others in here and i know you are !

Thank you :)

Its always nice to know that my manners and courtesy come through in my posting.

Text after all struggles to convey tone and is so often the reason for misunderstandings.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brenna.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #165834 by
As I stated in the beginning of this thread, I believe manners and etiquette are a huge deal and should be pretty uniform for how we treat one another.

That being said, I share Brenna's confusion. I'm see contrasting statements. One says (I'm paraphrasing because I'm on my phone) "we do not need a one size fits all manual" while the other is saying "I'm writing a one size fits all manual". The contrast is by the author herself and no one else.

I understand that Kitsu Tails is writing a manual for how SHE depicts Jedi and how SHE believes they should ask. But writing a J.u.s.t. Jedi manual for a Temple that has its own manual (more or less) seems a bit like soliciting? "I'm here, but my way is better", sort of thing.

This is how I am feeling after reading this.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #165835 by
Brenna. I do not wish to discuss this here and am not very pleased with you derailing my thread to revisit a conversation I purposefully dropped out of because I quite simply do not wish to discuss this with you any further. I have made my point and argued it several times. I have nothing more to say on the matter. If you are confused you can use proper Manners and Etiquette (Thanks by the way for providing a great example of why such things are important on a forum community) And PM me with any further complaints. Although at this point I don't even want to hash this out in PM because I feel like you are trolling me more so than Listening to me.

So I will say this one last time.

A member made mention in a completely different thread of the need to create standards so that when people mentioned "Jedi" they had a clear picture of what "Jedi" was. I politely pointed out that such topics needed to be walked upon carefully and clearly indicated who's standards and definitions they belonged to so as to avoid generalizations. The rest of my complaint ONLY related to "Cosmetics" that are as of right now being slowly worked upon and even improved since I returned here.

My efforts with J.u.s.t Jedi is a personal goal since the year of 2003 - Is an optional idea/standard plan for anyone who wishes to aspire and learn from J.u.s.t Jedi lessons. It is not an order. It is not a community. It is not the one and only way and is consistently throughout the manual stated that it is not universal to all communities of Jedi and Only unified by those who choose to practice and participate in it's lesson.

I am done talking about this. So please. Let it drop and respect this threads purpose which is to share knowledge and converse about Manners and Etiquette.

Thank you.

*Bows*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #165836 by

Brenna wrote: Text after all struggles to convey tone and is so often the reason for misunderstandings.

I know. Last time Brenna said "hi" I totally thought she was flirting.. boy was I wrong!

And now back to the regularly scheduled discussion.

(We all need a lil laughter once in a while. :) )

More
9 years 6 months ago #165837 by Adder

Kitsu Tails wrote: @ Adder - I was just asking. Your post was a little confusing to me and I wasn't sure what you meant by "Anyway, I see etiquette as a defined set of procedures for behaviour, something which I think really is not needed generally" So no worries :)

Oh sorry, I actually like reading procedural manuals but because it wasn't the OP title I had to stop myself, which is at that point where I asked the question if it was a procedural manual type thing.... and then changed tack to address manners and etiquette
:silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165838 by
Admins. Clearly my attempts to share some of my work isn't appreciated here. Please shut this thread down and delete this thread. I will not be posting here any further. Thank you and I am deeply sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I am out.

*bows*
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

More
9 years 6 months ago #165840 by Wescli Wardest
In reply to the original post. I have no issue with sharing information found among the community.

TotJO does have a policy of people that have not yet reached the rank of Knight of Jediism by TotJO standards teaching on this site. But, I do not believe that was the intent of the Original Post.

Just for clarification. :)

It would be nice if a disclaimer was posted with material from somewhere else though. Just so there is no confusion.
;)

I do look forward to reading the further postings for this. :D

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #165849 by Proteus
Kit, your efforts and consideration have not gone unnoticed, and the work you put into your writing here is well appreciated.

That said, sometimes when we post something we put our heart into, we are critiqued about it. Sometimes it feels like an attack when it is not, when the the person critiquing or asking questions about it has a confusion that brings out possible contradictions in our words. I'm sure that you likely do not intend on dictating anything you are writing here toward anybody, and not in a true one-size-fits-all manner here, though the title may give that general impression at first glance. There are plenty of people who visit this site and others who would like to see some bridge of cohesiveness between the different communities so that the way they do things at one place can be easily and compatibly transferred to the other without breaking any rules or going against the spirit of those rules.

Thank you for the time you've put into the work to show us how you interpret general behavioral ettiquette as somebody visiting multiple communities. :)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Jestor, Alexandre Orion, Kit,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi