The Lessons of Jedi Manners & Etiquette

More
9 years 5 months ago #165806 by Adder

Kitsu Tails wrote: No one likes a lurker. That's just weird and just a tiny bit creepy ;)

LOL it reads rude but is true. No one likes a lurker because no one knows the lurker! I guess everyone would all love to like the lurker if only the lurker didnt lurk
:silly:
Still people who are hurt or swamped in stress will tend to focus on the negative and not see the light side of it. Lurker's might be a category of person who is potentially in that situation so I'd try to avoid making on joke on them. Not all people respond to the 'no one likes, so dont do' type of pressure. People should want to do things because they think its right, and procedures should serve to guide them in that desire.... not try and push people into behaviours IMO.

I guess what your posting is some sort of procedural document from another group?

Anyway, I see etiquette as a defined set of procedures for behaviour, something which I think really is not needed generally, unless in a environment with a specific function, and then those behavioural procedures are designed to support that function.
Manners to me are different in that they reflect a sensitivity and awareness of oneself in respect to others as equal's to each other in regards to rights, and importantly a shared desire to have an all encompassing and welcoming environment.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165814 by
@ Alex : J.u.s.t Jedi stands for "Jedi Unified Standard Training" It is a Jedi Manual im putting together :)

@ Adder : Sooooo....You don't want me posting these? :dry:

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago #165816 by Brenna

Kitsu Tails wrote: J.u.s.t Jedi stands for "Jedi Unified Standard Training" It is a Jedi Manual im putting together :)

Kitsu Tails wrote:
I did not say we need a one size fit all standard. If you recall, at the start of all this....I was warning against it. :dry:

:unsure:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165818 by Adder

Kitsu Tails wrote: @ Adder : Sooooo....You don't want me posting these? :dry:

I'm not sure TOTJO has a policy on posting other ppl's 'procedures' LOL, interesting thought though.... I guess it is close to training, but not. I don't think I said or implied that anywhere..... I don't usually go around implying things, at least not directly.
:huh:
I haven't seen anyone say it was inappropriate. But, if you think you shouldn't be posting it, just ask a Mod or Council member in PM before hand.

Don't let my Moderator role scare you into thinking I only post here to moderate. I actually like posting to learn about others and myself. My reply was half unsolicited editorial advice (because that is how I read procedural docs) and half musings on the OP, and most importantly the intention was to be helpful and understanding.
:dry:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Adder.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165819 by

Brenna wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: J.u.s.t Jedi stands for "Jedi Unified Standard Training" It is a Jedi Manual im putting together :)

Kitsu Tails wrote:
I did not say we need a one size fit all standard. If you recall, at the start of all this....I was warning against it. :dry:

:unsure:

Umm....Bre....I don't mean to ruffle any feathers but...Are you purposefully trying to be contrary?

J.u.s.t Jedi isn't a "One size fit all" manual of standards. It is the Standards of J.u.s.t Jedi. When I write about Jedi in J.u.s.t Jedi Manual I purposefully indicate that they are the standards for J.u.s.t Jedi and may not be shared community wide.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #165821 by
@ Adder - I was just asking. Your post was a little confusing to me and I wasn't sure what you meant by "Anyway, I see etiquette as a defined set of procedures for behaviour, something which I think really is not needed generally" So no worries :)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago #165823 by Brenna
Fear not, no feathers ruffled.

I am confused.

The two posts seem rather contrasting. As does the language concerns you mentioned yesterday.

You say that TOTJO needs to be specific in that its codes and doctrine is only the definition of Jedi for TOTJO.

yet "Jedi Unified Standard Training" has the sort of language that would make one, and possibly even an outsider think that this is the "Unified" "Standard" for "Jedi training".

Yes, you may "indicate that they are the standards for J.u.s.t Jedi and may not be shared community wide". But TOTJO also indicates that our standards are for TOTJO, not community wide, yet youve made it clear you dont think thats enough.

I apologize if you feel I am being contrary, but I am confused by the apparent mis matched thoughts here.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
9 years 5 months ago #165824 by Carlos.Martinez3
Eddquet is key! If i knew how to spell the word i would use it more. lol I find manners matter! Its got me out of alot of hot spots in my life as well as allowed me opportunities to expand. I recommend them!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165825 by
"J.u.s.t Jedi" Indicates "J.u.s.t Jedi" and the JUST in "J.u.s.t Jedi" stands for (Jedi Unifed Standard Training)

How is this confusing? :dry:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #165826 by Carlos.Martinez3
breena... dont forget there are other members of other sights here as well thats where the other codes and lists and things like that come from. Be nice to the neighbors lol JK!!!!!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brenna

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi