Jedi Funerals

More
9 years 6 months ago #163441 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Jedi Funerals
That's what I like about the sky burial. Very efficient. No middle man.

Not be morbid or grissly. I liked the image of the man sitting in the grass, watching the birds feed. He was facing something. He was seeing the wheels turn. I think that confrontation with the body's mortality is quite important.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #163442 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Funerals
In the pictures I saw they carved the meat off the boans first and the let the bones get picked clean no it wouldn't make a difference i'd be dead roasting me to ash seems easier and more aceptable by those I'd left behind...actually if I did get eaten by vultures they wouldn't be surprised i choose that but i don't think they wouldn't drink much beer at the party thinking about it...
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #163443 by
Putting your body to use an all is great, I feel the same way. However, in my opinion that form of burial just seems a little bit disrespectful, but hey to each their own, right?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by . Reason: expanded on reply

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163444 by
Well, I deal with the dead and dying alot, and have attended alot of funerals for residents and patients, most often invited by extended family.

I have been to my own family members and friends funerals

You dont see much drinking or partying.

Stories are shared, and there is a bit of laughing, there is alot of crying, hugging, etc. Once there was some marijuana passed around, but it did not result in hilarity.

Also, its about how you want to go out.

Take Hunter S Thompson for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NvVhLAZBoY

Johnny Depp paid for it.

A colorful gathering, but certainly not a party in any respect.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #163445 by

Revan Falton wrote: Putting your body to use an all is great, I feel the same way. However, in my opinion that form of burial just seems a little bit disrespectful, but hey to each their own, right?

How so?

Disrespectful to whom?

It is not done without the deceased knowledge beforehand, and is in keeping with there beliefs.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

More
9 years 6 months ago #163463 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi Funerals
I'd read somewhere they did sky burials originally due to the rocky terrain of the Himalayas and it got absorbed into Tje religion and culture - no dirt, no grave. No wood, no fire!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
9 years 6 months ago #163464 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Jedi Funerals
That would certainly contribute to the style of burial. Makes sense.

For me, though, the purpose is to confront the body. I don't need everyone to watch my body get eaten by vultures, but if one of my loved ones was being dealt with this way, I would feel remiss not to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163468 by

Cabur Senaar wrote: That would certainly contribute to the style of burial. Makes sense.

For me, though, the purpose is to confront the body. I don't need everyone to watch my body get eaten by vultures, but if one of my loved ones was being dealt with this way, I would feel remiss not to go.

My point exactly. I couldn't watch my family member be eaten by volture or know that they are rotting in an open field.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163506 by
There going to rot regardless.

Ever been to a wake?

A burial?

Someone's rotting.

You don't get fresher once your deceased.

As for being eaten by vultures, well, the food chain, circle of life, etc

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163507 by

Khaos wrote: There going to rot regardless.

Ever been to a wake?

A burial?

Someone's rotting.

You don't get fresher once your deceased.

As for being eaten by vultures, well, the food chain, circle of life, etc

Oh, someone's a smartalek eh?

Yes, I have been to plenty of funerals, and views. I have seen and experienced more death then a person should. However, we treat our dead with respect. Leaving them out to rot is shameful, and disrespectful to the person and their loved ones. Yes, you slowly start to decay even when you are buried, however there is something called embalming fluid that we use, to slow the process. So we can send them off properly, with respect and dignity. Just like in battle, we do not just throw our fallen comrades remains in a pile. We treat them with dignity and respect.

As for the last comment, I'm sure the vultures can find several other dead things to consume then the remains of my family or comrades, I highly doubt they are starving creatures.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi