Jedi Sentinel Findings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #150548 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
This is an interesting read. Looking back at the original post, I wanted to offer my thoughts on the subject.

Potentium - So many different sides to the same coin.

"Believers of Potentium said that the potential for light and dark sides resided in the user, not the Force itself."

- This aspect I like and support. I believe that the Force is all things and nothing - it neutral. It is greater than any of our beliefs and actions. Because we can do it or think it, it exists in the force but the force is not "one" with any of it.

"They also thought that the Jedi Masters refused to believe in the Potentium view because it would mean the Jedi weren't needed to fight evil, for evil would not exist. And since there was no dark side, there were no dark side actions or Force techniques; in effect any action, good or evil, could be performed without risk as long as the intent wasn't evil. "

- am struggling with this statement. I would need to read it in the original context. Yes, "evil" is a judgement and a perspective, while there are universal truths around the intention of the actions and the "root" of it. Is an action creative, constructive or generative - which can be defined as "the Lightside". Or is the action coming out of defensiveness, wounding, and destruction - which can be called the "Darkside". "Evil" exists because our humanity turns things into wounds that become triggers that lead to shadowy or dark actions. As long as we are manifest and have "free will", Being will make choices that negatively impact others with out any concern for the Design of the Force.

- is this 'believe" saying that "evil" does not exist so Jedi are unneeded or is it saying that "masters" feared this belief because it could lead to apathy and non-action?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #150549 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings

Daniel L. wrote: Master Nash has a more descriptive look at the classes

JEDI CLASSES

Jedi Guardian was the name given to a Jedi whose skills and talents lay in battle, a light side mirror of the Sith Warrior.

They often concentrated on martial training and combat and usually engaged in combat more than any other Jedi, though they were no less skilled at diplomacy. Like all Jedi, they were keepers of the peace, acting as a kind of special police force

Jedi Consular (also called a Jedi seer) was, like all Jedi, skilled in battle, but rarely entered combat, preferring to study the mysteries of the Force.Consulars were the primary scholars and diplomats and seers of the Order, often becoming instructors.

What the Jedi Guardian preferred to achieve by combat, the Jedi Consular achieved by words or the Force.

When they attained the rank of Jedi Master, consulars became known as Sage Masters.

Two Sage Masters joined with two Warrior Masters to build the initial Jedi Temple
Jedi Sentinels: were a subsect of the Jedi Order that sought a balance between the two extremes of the Jedi, the Jedi Consulars and the Jedi Guardians. They possessed adequate combat skills and had somewhat extensive knowledge of the Force. Along with this blended knowledge of both combat and the Force, they also possessed exceptional non-Force skills. A Jedi Sentinel typically starts out as a Padawan learner instructed by a higher-ranking Jedi Master. He begins his career at 1st level, and is encouraged to pursue intellectual and physical endeavors. The Jedi Sentinel would be just as likely to be found in a library researching some little known tidbit, as he would be found in a training facility.

nice i was wandering about the way a formal infrastructure works for the Jedi : ) thanks a lot

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #152085 by
I myself, very much like and share the view of the Potentium.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #152122 by

Erunammen wrote: I myself, very much like and share the view of the Potentium.

Seems a lot of people like the Potentium view. Though its against the EU Jedi way. If there is no dark or light side of the Force than what do we need Jedi? :huh:

More
9 years 9 months ago #152124 by Nicole Judge
Replied by Nicole Judge on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings

Daniel L. wrote: If there is no dark or light side of the Force than what do we need Jedi?

In my opinion, simply because there are many greedy and power-hungry people, who use the Force to aid there own selfish needs. Thus the equilibrium moves towards the 'dark side'. Then come Jedi, who use the Force to help others without any selfish thoughts, and they restore the balance.

I fancy this view as well. Why would an energy field have a 'dark' and a 'light' side? It should be neutral, and its users decide how they use it.

~ may the Force guide us ~
the root source of suffering is an ignorance of ourselves

Teaching Masters: V-Tog, tzb, Darren
Apprentices: yet to come...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #152129 by

Nicole Judge wrote: I fancy this view as well. Why would an energy field have a 'dark' and a 'light' side? It should be neutral, and its users decide how they use it.

The reason the energy field has "sides" is because everything in the universe vibrates. Therefore everything has poles. Its irrelevant what we call the poles, the fact is the exist and they are different.

Cheshire Cat: Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means 'not the same'!

Light and Dark are just names given to the sides by the movies. If you study a path that only leads in one direction you will unbalance the Force due to searching for its absolute limits as the Potentium did. :dry:

More
9 years 9 months ago #152166 by Nicole Judge
Replied by Nicole Judge on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
That can be an approach as well. But, I rather look at it like at nuclear energy.
It's a simple energy which has no sides. HOWEVER:

- It can be brought to the 'light side' by using it as a clean energy source;
- And it can be brought to the 'dark side' by using it as an atomic bomb.

A nuclear physicist will learn how to use it in power stations, and also the basics of the working of atomic bombs, and he can decide which he fancies. In this point I agree with you: we should learn overally about the Force, not 'searching for its absolute limits', as you said.

~ may the Force guide us ~
the root source of suffering is an ignorance of ourselves

Teaching Masters: V-Tog, tzb, Darren
Apprentices: yet to come...

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 9 months ago #152168 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
The potentium states that the Force is only "light", and that parts of it are corrupted by the Sith and such to become "the dark side". The unifying force concept is different, as the force has no colour no matter what

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Llama Su, Edan

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 9 months ago #152174 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
Im going to muck this up, but there is only light and absence of light...

Just like there is heat, and absence of heat...

Look, Im a potato-ium too!

lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 9 months ago #152175 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings

Im going to muck this up, but there is only light and absence of light...
Just like there is heat, and absence of heat...

And the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum :whistle: :silly:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor, Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi