• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 10 months ago #109771 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
Sad...just plain sad that people still allow social class to dictate their behavior...

When I was 12 I lived in Massachusetts, we went to mosi in boston...in the subway there was a homeless veteran having a seizure and those that didn't just walk by ignoring him were just standing around gawking and saying things like: "can't they do something about him", there were even 3 subway cops there poking him with their shoes telling him to get up and go somewhere else...this infuriated me enough that I called them idiots loud enough for it to echo I even pointed out that he wasn't sleeping...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #109784 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
I realize that happened RyuJin.....

But this is on an American street...;)

The worst here "bait-wise", I'd the Date Line guy walking out of the shadows to ask why im talking to a child I don't know...

But since im not a predator, I would be not be taking the child anywhere...

If the mother left the child in that vicinity, then that is where she will look, as well as it would be the location I would notify the police that we were at...

If I blow up, well, so be it, lol...

EDIT: Whoops, i dind realize there were more posts, lol... This was directed at the VC comment...:) I have not seen the next video... Ill check it out later...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109799 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
I think in the situation with the lost child, the man who stayed a few steps away did the right thing. There was no way he could be accused of touching the child, so he was protecting himself while also helping the child.

In the last video, I agree with RyuJin. People see someone that they perceive to be homeless, so they ignore the person. Not everyone has the resources to help personally, but everyone has the ability to find the nearest phone and call the emergency services to let them know someone is in trouble.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109893 by

RyuJin wrote: there were even 3 subway cops there poking him with their shoes telling him to get up and go somewhere else...this infuriated me enough that I called them idiots loud enough for it to echo I even pointed out that he wasn't sleeping...

Wow you actually called them out like that? :blink:

If you ever needed a reason to be a Jedi well there you have it.

A long time ago i was riding the bus. Some lady got on right after me but she didn't have enough money for her fare. I remember she just stood there shaking her coin purse, aggressively repeating "I got it muther F*%ker" over and over. Finally an elderly man with glasses made the mistake of telling her to stop wasting every ones time and get of the bus. This lady just flipped and started punching him. No one did anything no one got up. I'll admit that even I ignored what was happening and it was no more than 12 feet from my face. She must have hit him 3 times knocking his glasses off. As he bent down from his seat to pick them up she started to kick him in the face. Thats when Me and one other man stood up and grabbed her arms dragging her off the bus. After we got her off the bus she swung at the other guy hitting him in the back of the head. He turned around tackled her to the ground and put her in a choke hold until she gave up. Then we both got on the bus and left. Bus driver said he called the police after we took her of the bus.

It might sound cowardly but I'm glad she hit him and not me. That lady was at least 2 feet taller than me and double my weight. :pinch: No way I could have taken her down.

I didn't do much and I didn't react as fast as I should have but at least I did something.

The old man had a busted lip but he was thankful that she didn't break his glasses.

Something no one else knows is that while the lady and I were waiting for the bus she had gone to the Circle K(convenience store) behind us and bought a big ol' soda. It would have more than covered her fare. =/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #109899 by
I think that when you are stepping in to help someone, especially if one or more people involved is being violent, you have to weigh the situation and remember to protect yourself. If you feel the situation would be physically dangerous for you, it is best to call the authorities and not step in yourself. If you get injured as well as the original person facing violence, you are no longer of any help to anyone, and you will only take time and care away from the person who originally needed help when the violence started. However, if you think you can intervene without getting injured or without being injured to the point of not being any help and just being in the way, then by all means do so.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112025 by
If there is no peace, there can be no emotion.
If there is no knowledge, there can be no ignorance.
If there is no serenity, there can be no passion.
If there is no harmony, there can be no chaos.
If there is no Force, there can be no death.

As so above, as so below.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112034 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Sentinel Findings

Daniel L. wrote: The Illusion of Control(Power)

This ones a little difficult so I'll let a video do the illustrating... :whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHayfO0OClU

I have been gone for some time, and I didn't think the "Thank You" button was quite enough. Thank you, Daniel, this is a wonderful video and I am better for having seen it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #137298 by
The Force: a mosaic

This is going to be a an entry that I'll add to and update every time I get a new piece of the mosaic.

1. The Force as a living system for life. It can be observed by (C)humans but is lived by all other lifeforms.

2. If the universe is expanding than at some point our bodies were one with the universe.

3. According to physics if the universe is expanding something has to contract...

4. Nassim Haramein would say that this expanding contracting is division within a boundary condition.

5. The Force is a boundary condition for the system of life, as cells are boundary conditions for atoms within our bodies.

6. Consciousness is not exclusive to human beings. That would be like saying Mount Everest only became the tallest mountain when some one climbed and measured it.

Note: with the above pieces of the mosaic its possible that all lifeforms are conscious or even all things are conscious.
The Force is not consciousness but instead it is within the boundary of consciousness. I cant call it nature because nature is commonly defined as "All of the physical world" or "the behaviour of humans or animals". Though I have a problem with the definition... :dry:
Once again drawing from Nassim Haramain: The physical world is 0.0000001% reality. Everything else is space! So the word nature only defines the physical part, it doesn't define the space. The Force has to account for the space within the physical world too. As so above as so below. So perhaps "nature" is just the physical part of the Force.
I've also learned from Ishmael that humans are not separate from animals.

7. All lifeforms follow a specific set of boundaries/laws. (ABC's of Ecology)
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/General-Discussions/10770-jedi-sentinel-findings?start=200#69440

Note: There aren't enough pieces of the mosaic to see the image yet. Maybe in time...

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137346 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
Ah, yes, I apologize that I couldn't help but respond to this.

Merriam-Webster wrote: sys·tem
noun \ˈsis-təm\

a regularly interacting or interdependent group of items forming a unified whole

Oxford Dictionaries wrote: system
Line breaks: sys¦tem
Pronunciation: /ˈsɪstəm
noun

a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network; a complex whole

Please, explain what the individual parts of the Force are and by what mechanism they interact or interrelate to form a "living system of life".

Bill lives in a large building, so his apartment must be large.
Please explain how the expansion of the universe does anything to demonstrate a union of our bodies with the universe and how that union is no longer provided because of the expansion.

Again, technically a Non Sequitur fallacy. However, since you seem to have read some physics I don't know of and thus my understanding may be insufficient or incorrect or both, please, cite the paper you are referring to when you say "according to physics". Surely that paper will have evidence signifying that something that is not the universe is contracting or perhaps a way for us to test that hypothesis.

Arguments from authority are only sensible if the authority cited is an actual authority in any field of study. Who is this Nassim Haramein you speak of? Of course, an argument always stands on its own merit, so even if the authority you cite isn't one, the statement may still be true or false. However, to evaluate its validity it must be also understood. So what exactly does "division within a boundary condition" mean? A boundary condition is a restraint on a differential equation whereas division is a mathematical operation.

There is no definition of what a boundary condition is outside of mathematics. Either the Force doesn't qualify or there is a mathematical expression representing the boundary condition labeled "the Force". Same goes for cells. Please, provide those expressions if you can or refer to some place where a study has been or is being conduced to find those expressions.

When somebody stands ontop of Mount Everest, her head is above the mountain top. However, she doesn't become the tallest person much less the tallest mountain. We have defined what tall means and what mountains are yet those definitions are arbitrary. So, while Everest was the tallest mountain once we set up those definitions, it is still us who determined for it to be a mountain or tall in the first place and thus, not so much our measurement but still our classification is what made it the tallest mountain. By the same virtue consciousness as we define it nowadays is indeed not exclusive to us but it seems safe to say that no living body we know of has anything closely resembling particularly human consciousness, eventhough the lines are fuzzy and similarities are plentiful.

How do you know there is no lifeform that lives outside of those laws? Just one would be enough to disprove the claim and I can think of a whole category of life forms just off the top of my head. As if that were not enough, there is no way of telling what bizarre other worlds are out there just in our own district of this one of billions of galaxies and under these conditions I dare not say any definite thing about all life behavior that is not simultaneously part of the definition of life.

A note about the physical world paragraph:
0.0000001% looks to me like a dimensionless fraction or ratio. That means that all units that were in the initial ratio would have to have cancelled out. In other words, Mr. Haramein must have divided his "physical world" by "reality" and I have no idea of how to measure either of them in any way that would allow for a calculation of this nature. In fact, would it not require him to know the extent of all of reality? Well, perhaps he studied something nobody else studied, who knows...

Oxford Dictionaries wrote: physical
Line breaks: phys|ic¦al
Pronunciation: /ˈfɪzɪk(ə)l
adjective

relating to physics or the operation of natural forces generally

In any case, here is the definition of physical and if I recall correctly, space, or better yet, space-time pretty much does qualify. And, by the way, x/(y+m^3) doesn't cancel out in my math so perhaps his definition of physical does include space after all. Also, just in case the Force is the same as reality (why not call it reality then?) then to answer my first question maybe one part of it is the physical part (that by definition includes space) and you're only left to define the other parts and how there is any interaction between them as to make the Force qualify as a "system".

Please, go ahead.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #137358 by
It's a good post Gisteron, definitely some challenging questions you have posed, let me respond to one.

Gisteron wrote: Ah, yes, I apologize that I couldn't help but respond to this.

Oxford Dictionaries wrote: system
Line breaks: sys¦tem
Pronunciation: /ˈsɪstəm
noun

a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network; a complex whole

Please, explain what the individual parts of the Force are and by what mechanism they interact or interrelate to form a "living system of life".

A group of farmers are working their separate farms on the steep bank of a hill. Each farm has a tree in it but one farmer sees that he can get extra space if he cuts it down. He cuts it down. Other farmers seeing this do the same. The next time it rains heavily however the roots of the trees no longer hold the top soil together and the soil, with their crops, just slides on down the hill-side.

But how has that happened?! Each farmer was doing better when the tree was cut down, but now they are all worse off!

Descartes mechanistic view of the universe was based around the metaphor of 'the clock'. The universe is just a bunch of parts and each part dealt with separately can be analysed, observed and that can gives us a greater understanding of the whole. This is brilliant for science because it has helped us leapfrog technologically, but the issue arises when we start confusing the metaphor for the real thing.

Each farmer, separately, changed their part of the clock and it ended up making everyone worse off, because they were looking at things mechanistically and not holistically.

You recognised that Mount Everest being the tallest mountain is just down to human choice:

We have defined what tall means and what mountains are yet those definitions are arbitrary.

...but you didn't realise that viewing the universe as separate parts is also down to human choice ;)

The Universe doesn't exist as individual things, the universe is just that, the universe! It IS the system and we create the parts. The same is with The Force.

Does that make sense?

Daniel.L wrote: That would be like saying Mount Everest only became the tallest mountain when some one climbed and measured it.

Mount Everest isn't the tallest mountain on the planet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauna_Kea
It just our definition of 'mountain' is 'Height above sea level'.
A tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does the falling tree make a sound?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi