• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 10 months ago #150357 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
is anyone else paying attention to how I am being repressed over here!? And probably because of my gender too!

:woohoo:

Did you miss the part where I agreed with you?

However, as I have personally had scummy guys come up to me in public and try put their hand up my skirt... giant hands look AWESOME!! Not sure why she had to throw everyone else around with them though, seems a tad rude.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #150359 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings

Daniel L. wrote: Lol awesome video ren. I guess gender based violence is funny....when you have GIGANTIC HANDS! :lol:

Its a good thing women cant be Jedi or we'd all get Force Backhanded for every dirty look we give. :evil:

I will admit, I am a bit confused about a post on Jedi Sentinel findings goes from that, to violence is funny. However, this is my opinion on a few things, first the Quote I copied from Daniel L.

So Women cannot be Jedi? Leia Skywalker became a sith and a Jedi in the expanded universe, so did Mara Jade. Jedi Councilor Satele Shan in the expanded universe and in the Old Republic. Aalya Secura was a Jedi Master, and a female. All of these women were from the expanded universe of the books and not the movies I might add as well.

On the subject of violence being funny, male or female getting hurt is not funny at all. Hurting a person in any form is not funny. I was born with epilepsy and cerebral palsy in my left side, I spent most of my childhood in the Original "Children's Hospital National Medical center" in Washington, D.C. Back then, the Neurology section was right next door to the severe burn section and I made many friends of kids that were burned and hurt for fun by people in their lives and they were lucky enough to survive what had happened to them. So if you truly feel that hurting someone is funny, then while that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, do me a favor...go to your largest hospital's burn ward and look one of those burn patients in the eyes and tell them the same thing...see if they find it as funny...I sure don't.

More
9 years 10 months ago #150360 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
for some reason my post and the quote combined, but I stand by what I wrote starting with the :
I will admit, I am a bit confused about a post on Jedi Sentinel findings goes from that, to violence is funny. However, this is my opinion on a few things, first the Quote I copied from Daniel L.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #150362 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
Weall since this is in the General Discussion area....

I think its more representative of size discrimination more then gender, as the smaller angry girl is smaller then the larger victim boy. It just looks like he could stop her if he wanted to, so therefore no reason for anyone to intervene. Whilst the girl victim is more like a normal situation where the female is smaller and less able to respond to a larger attacker - hence the public reaction.

If they got a muscular girl hitting on a skinny short guy with glasses, then I think the reaction would be pretty much the same as the larger angry boy and smaller victim girl. Unless we are talking teenager's being stupid, else most adults realize the danger of any violence to anyone of any gender - some teenagers will stand around and watch the most horrible violence like its entertainment!! The video needs better casting to reflect a real threat to the male else it looks like foreplay.

SilverWolf, the other video was probably meant for comedic purposes in reference to gender discrimination video.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Adder.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 10 months ago #150374 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
I have to disagree there Adder. Physical attributes are no valid reason to think one way or another about someone. If two people are fighting/arguing, the "big" one isn't less deserving of help. Can you imagine a situation like this? You're big therefore if you get picked on people think nothing of it, but if you defend yourself you'll make enemies.

I'm calling Ofcom over that music video. It played in the middle of the afternoon on a freeview channel.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
9 years 10 months ago #150431 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
That is not my argument ren, and in fact why I called it size discrimination.... so I was agreeing with you. I just don't think the video shows what you guys are saying it does and therefore it's not representative of a problem. Does domestic violence by women against men exist, yes, and it should not happen. Does the general public find female violence against men funny, it depends. That is why I said that video looked more like foreplay for the guy, hence the public's reaction. Actually I think the video works against your point in part, the fact people stopped and looked at what was happening is testament that it was a point of concern initially, but upon observation they seemed to determine there was no real threat to the victim.

I did some numbers on recent local statistics for domestic violence, and it worked out to be 56:1 female victims v male victims per week of domestic violence in Australia, including 1 dead every week (women) and a women hospitalized every 3 hours. Though it was noted men were less likely to report domestic violence.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
9 years 10 months ago #150449 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings
I think its ridiculous to assume we know what a hoard of people we have never met may have been thinking, regardless of circumstance.

rugadd

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #150464 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings

SilverWolf wrote: I will admit, I am a bit confused about a post on Jedi Sentinel findings goes from that, to violence is funny. However, this is my opinion on a few things, first the Quote I copied from Daniel L.

So Women cannot be Jedi? Leia Skywalker became a sith and a Jedi in the expanded universe, so did Mara Jade. Jedi Councilor Satele Shan in the expanded universe and in the Old Republic. Aalya Secura was a Jedi Master, and a female. All of these women were from the expanded universe of the books and not the movies I might add as well.

On the subject of violence being funny, male or female getting hurt is not funny at all. Hurting a person in any form is not funny.

Ren and I both posted videos that explain both of my quotes. In Rens music video a woman with giant hands slapped around a bunch of men. In the second video (the one I posted) is a spoof of Jedi school. Its funny that you mention Leia Skywalker and Mara Jade because in the video the teaching Master explains that they are only Jedi because of nepotism. "How shitting convenient the chosen ones daughter and step daughter". They also dont talk about the Expanded universe because in EU you can make anything cannon if you tell the story right.

SilverWolf we were mostly kidding. ;)

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #150509 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings

Adder wrote: That is not my argument ren, and in fact why I called it size discrimination.... so I was agreeing with you. I just don't think the video shows what you guys are saying it does and therefore it's not representative of a problem. Does domestic violence by women against men exist, yes, and it should not happen. Does the general public find female violence against men funny, it depends. That is why I said that video looked more like foreplay for the guy, hence the public's reaction. Actually I think the video works against your point in part, the fact people stopped and looked at what was happening is testament that it was a point of concern initially, but upon observation they seemed to determine there was no real threat to the victim.

I did some numbers on recent local statistics for domestic violence, and it worked out to be 56:1 female victims v male victims per week of domestic violence in Australia, including 1 dead every week (women) and a women hospitalized every 3 hours. Though it was noted men were less likely to report domestic violence.

My bad, that'll teach me to multitask....

regarding statistics, it depends which you are looking at. They also show that women are more likely to start domestic violence (as in: some sort of physical assault). It is believed the bias that exists in domestic violence cases is responsible for the sharp decrease in the murder rates of husbands. Women can now leave their husband, keep his possessions, have him arrested/kept away very easily and get support from the government, on top of alimony and child support (if applicable), making murder counter-productive for female spouses.

regarding Star Wars, I find leia a far stronger character than han solo. Maybe she's not a jedi, and definitely a bit of a princess, but she's still badass. Same goes for padme. She's definitely there to look pretty, but she also knows how to use a blaster. When annakin (maybe not wisest but supposedly the most powerful jedi) cannot do something, she can, on top of taking part in the same deadly battles as he does. Her death (and reason for it) is so bad because it is completely out of character.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by ren.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #150530 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Jedi Sentinel Findings

ren wrote: Her death (and reason for it) is so bad because it is completely out of character.

THANK YOU!!! This has always annoyed me. What kind of a muppet gives up and dies of a broken heart like that. Especially one with two newborns!

Sloppy attempt at tying up plot issues if you ask me. Better if she'd gone out fighting tooth and nail to protect her children from the emperor or something. Anything but that sad fading away nonsense.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi