Jedi Sentinel Findings

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10770 by
Jedi Sentinel Findings was created by
just some things I didnt know that could be useful.
Now we have Light Jedi,Dark Jedi,and Potentium.
Master Nash might want to take a look at this!

The Potentium was a sect of beings who had a particular way of viewing the Force.They claimed that what others called the light side was actually just the Force itself, which is inherently good. This was backed up by the fact that Ashla, the ancient name of the Force, came later to describe the Light Side. What others therefore called the dark side was a perversion of the Force, twisted by those who used it.Believers of Potentium said that the potential for light and dark sides resided in the user, not the Force itself. They also thought that the Jedi Masters refused to believe in the Potentium view because it would mean the Jedi weren't needed to fight evil, for evil would not exist. And since there was no dark side, there were no dark side actions or Force techniques; in effect any action, good or evil, could be performed without risk as long as the intent wasn't evil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10771 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
That is interesting, Master. It is similar to what I think, yet I never knew that before.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10772 by
You might thing that now but understand.

(MOVIE)The Jedi Council didn't consider them Dark Jedi,parallel to the Jedi Order's of Gray Jedi .They said it was the duty of the Jedi to use the Force to protect others, not study its absolute limits. The Council said that testing the Force to its limits would lead to the dark side.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10773 by
Master Nash has a more descriptive look at the classes

JEDI CLASSES

Jedi Guardian was the name given to a Jedi whose skills and talents lay in battle, a light side mirror of the Sith Warrior.

They often concentrated on martial training and combat and usually engaged in combat more than any other Jedi, though they were no less skilled at diplomacy. Like all Jedi, they were keepers of the peace, acting as a kind of special police force
Jedi Consular (also called a Jedi seer) was, like all Jedi, skilled in battle, but rarely entered combat, preferring to study the mysteries of the Force.Consulars were the primary scholars and diplomats and seers of the Order, often becoming instructors.

What the Jedi Guardian preferred to achieve by combat, the Jedi Consular achieved by words or the Force.

When they attained the rank of Jedi Master, consulars became known as Sage Masters.

Two Sage Masters joined with two Warrior Masters to build the initial Jedi Temple
Jedi Sentinels: were a subsect of the Jedi Order that sought a balance between the two extremes of the Jedi, the Jedi Consulars and the Jedi Guardians. They possessed adequate combat skills and had somewhat extensive knowledge of the Force. Along with this blended knowledge of both combat and the Force, they also possessed exceptional non-Force skills. A Jedi Sentinel typically starts out as a Padawan learner instructed by a higher-ranking Jedi Master. He begins his career at 1st level, and is encouraged to pursue intellectual and physical endeavors. The Jedi Sentinel would be just as likely to be found in a library researching some little known tidbit, as he would be found in a training facility.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10774 by
lol I should've looked at this before I sent my message.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10775 by
The issue of classes is a widely debated one. While some believe in a very large class system, others believe in a basic class structure. In the end, the goal of all jedi is peace through the force. But, just as anything else, we all have different paths. Some choose an intellectual approach (i.e. Consulars), some choose a physical approach (i.e. Guardians), while others blend the 2 (i.e. Sentinels).

Within those classes, many people of broken it down further, but essentially, these are the 3 paths. I try not to get hung up on classes and ranks. I am a jedi, and that is all the recognition and classification that I require. This is my path. If I were to have to classify myself, I would be considered a Sentinel Jedi.

No jedi's experiences and choices are the same. Each one of us has our own path in the force, and the force has it's individual plans for each of us.

The use of classifications is useful in that it makes it easier to seek out others who are following a similar path. A Consular Jedi would probably not seek out a Guardina for spiritual guidance, just as a Guardian would probably not seek out a Consular for instruction in martial arts.

It does not make any class better then another, just a different path, just a different choice. Because in the end, it is the choices we make that will define each of us as jedi, and as people.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10776 by
Sorry Master Nash i ment for you to see the part about the Potentium i wasnt sure if you had them in your records.Also i didnt mean to make it see like any one class was better.Your very right.They are just ment to make it easier and to have some type of organization for similar believes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10781 by
I don't see it as classes. I see it as specialization. We are all on the same team. On any team, you have particular people who are better at some things and bad at others. These persons on place in positions they are good at to benefit the team.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10786 by
True but i would like to make a comment on this. The Force, as i see it, is neither good nor evil. It is completely neutral. It is Nature. A hurricane strikes land killing thousands, some people can view that as evil. A baby is born some people can view that as good. Now what happens if in that hurricane was also killed a group of a racist clan who had planned to kill millions over a period of time? Or what happens if that baby being born was actually the next Hitler. So you see, the Force is balance, neither good nor evil but always maintaining our universe and our world. If our planet is struck by a commet tomarrow then i know that there was a reason to it. I do not know what but there was. Maybe we are on a destructive path that would end the lives of other alien races, who knows. But balance must be preserved.

More
16 years 3 months ago #10791 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Jedi Sentinel Findings
Ahh nature and balance, I agree totally with you Sister. I remember bringing up the subject a long time ago in a....well here. I have always subsribed to the idea that the force is a product of nature if not nature itself as opposed to a creation of the divine. The balanceing is usually a self regulating item.

I agree also with Decimus on the team deal, we all work for the same company (the Jedi, re: the force) but may belong to different departments. I call my self a Sentinel here and on other sites, while I prefer to study and experiment with the force as a phenomenon, I am not content to sit back and take a non-active role of researcher. Thus the blending of the two is a perfect compromise.

B) thread

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi