What's the difference between hunting and buying meat?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 3 months ago #178581 by RyuJin
In hunting you gain respect for the sacrifice of the animal you eat...buying it involves no compassion nor responsibility...plus hunting provides fresher meat vs the frozen packaged stuff

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178583 by OB1Shinobi
Adder,
ha! I love that! now I think youre leading us into the realm of the jedi!

I would like to ask what you consider our most likely schemata for intelligent direction of human evolution

not that we just evolve as an autophysio response of which we are unaware
but that we percieve in as comprehensive as possible.a fashion
our ability to predetermine our own evolutionary development

to choose our own evolution
we`ve really been doing exactly that all along imo
dr carl gustav jung coined the terms
synchronicity
and directly to this point;
the COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS

the collectve unconscious is a specie phenomena
it is much more.paramount than a cultural phenomena

if we were to realize our prerogative to take our specie evolotion out of the realm of collective UNconcsious
and bring it into.the realm of the collective Conscious
where would we start?
what are the first most important things.we.might need to know?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178584 by OB1Shinobi
mica,
i dont see any arguement at all
I tbink one of thechallenges we all face not just online but in life generally
is how to remember that we actually do still agree with each other even when we have different emphasis on oneor another specific of a topic
or a different way of. ommunicating an idea or of effecting a change
thats just learning to get along with the people we agree with!

you may already know this
but when you mentioned stone chairs as being a caste centric method of individuation

it reminded me that a car battery will be completelydrained of its charge when left on concrete for.a.few days

well my uncles did when I was a kid
I dont know thetime factor for newer batteries but im guessing the rule still applies

and thanks for that info btw
besides the genral benefit of an interesting factoid or so, you remind me that I still need to tidy up the mesopotamia in my reading room
the leftover detritus has become almost archaic

what I would like to posit to you is this;

imagine that you were in fact allowed to develop this relationship you metioned with other species

imagine that in thr course.of.this development it became understoodthat you were not going to be able to leave; lets say theflux capaciter broke on your space ship and Doc isnt coming back to the future to fix it
so your survival depends upon understanding and then on integrating yourslef into the existing system on this other planet

what does this line of thought lead you to when applied to.us here on earth?

also
in so many stories
like hansel and gretel, snow white, sleeping beauty, little red riding hood
the forest or the woods or the wilds along with their inhabitants
always have an adversarial element woven into the themes of the protagonists relationship to them

it lost in the woods and the big bad wolf and the walls ofvines and the lions and tigers and bears
oh my

additionally/however

we pretty much always find that the redemptive or salvational breakthrough needed for the relative success of the protagonist is ALSO an integral part of the same environment
treasures in the woods and the dwarve companions and the huntsman and the magical nature which causes the vines to part when the right person appears

theres not really any specific kind of response that im looking for on that
just throwing out some things which have acted as catalysts for my own imagination

People are complicated.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #178586 by OB1Shinobi
rugadd
when I say "meant" I am refering to the fact that we are an organism which is composed of many inter related systems
we are a sytem of systems
living within a larger system
which is in its turn also a system of systems
within a larger system
and so on and so forth

when I say we are not meant to live seperated from the natural world I suppose the only answer I can give to the question "who says we're meant for anything" would be nature - god - the force - our own physiology

what influences what?

does the mind influence the body? does the body influence the mind?
does kne necessarily lead
and the other necessarily follow?
if we ever decide that the mind/body dichotomy is essentially a myth
that the idea of clear distinction between the two is just a way of speaking so.that ideas can be exchanged with convenience
then within this very understanding
we realize the importance of understanding and accepting the system that we are and respecting and working in harmony with the system that we are already biologically suited for
without trying to INTEGRATE a philosophy of SEPERATION
see what I mean?
we are MEANT by nature and by God and by the Force to be a natural part of the natural world

this doesnt mean we have to run around covered in dirt and eat bugs

it just means that any attempts to seperate ourselves psychically/psychologically from our own organic heritage is counter productive to put it mildly

People are complicated.

More
9 years 2 months ago #178838 by rugadd
Depends on what your trying to produce. In my experience, nothing human kind does is unnatural as humankind itself comes from nature. If, by chance, your trying to express that we are hurting ourselves and the environment with our "progress" I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't see a difference between what we are doing and any other "natural" disaster. The all knowing force allowed Pompeii, right? I think we think of ourselves a little to highly. The Earth will continue, LIFE will continue without us...perhaps it is out nature to destroy ourselves and our environment...like a virus...

rugadd

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #178850 by OB1Shinobi
its serendipitious to me that you mention human/virus
c
connection
i have a theory id love to share
iv been saying this theory for a while and no ines been able to counter it to satisfaction

my theory is not that we ARE a virus but thst we are INFECTED by a virus
virus may not be an exactly appropriate word but its definitely accurate for purposes of explanation

its not a symbiote which binds us to the force
its a virus which seperates us from it

?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi