Jedi Pyramid

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102550 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
*jediism... maynoth... careful about the terminology.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102551 by

Connor Lidell wrote: *jediism... maynoth... careful about the terminology.

Ah sorry I forgot Jedi ≠ Jediism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102553 by
Mhmm. I mean, really though, there is a distinction. Jediism is about applying principles of the Fiction and apply them (in an interpretable fashion) to the current lifestyle.

In quick and dirty terms? We're running a self-help joint. :D But, isn't all religion that way?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102555 by

Connor Lidell wrote: Mhmm. I mean, really though, there is a distinction. Jediism is about applying principles of the Fiction and apply them (in an interpretable fashion) to the current lifestyle.

In quick and dirty terms? We're running a self-help joint. :D But, isn't all religion that way?

So let's say before the fiction existed, some religion existed in fact that mirrored the fictional Jedi religion almost identically, and a person focuses on those teachings in an attempt to understand and master the force like a fictional Jedi except in the real world.

Where does that fit in to Jedi and Jediism movements?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102556 by
What you're missing, though, is a key step, my friend.

You don't have to be the only "true" Jedi movement.

George Lucas meant for the path to be very open ended. All he wanted was for people to start looking in the right direction. And, that's different for everyone. You have been pushing for years now about knowing the "one true" Jedi path that mirrors the fiction.

I know plenty of people who just don't want that. And, that's OK. You can continue to present your beliefs. Make a website! Make a forum. Make YOUR sect of Jedi, just as everybody else has. Baran Do. Ashla Knights. Sith Academy. Call yourself whatever you want.

The Jedi Movement is about (I'm speaking for myself) allowing people to express their resonance with Star Wars mythos in very direct ways. We have those who prefer to believe in the Force as a religion. We have those who use the mythos to start philosophical debates on the fundamentals of our world. We have those who train to fight martially to uphold the codes of Knighthood. We have humanitarians. And, we even have people dedicated to the study of Real World Force Application.

Don't single yourself out and shy away from the discussions of these forums just because you want to feel ostracized. NOBODY is ostracizing you.

We generally don't agree or like Opie's version of Jedi. But, we don't think he's ANY less a part of the community for it. His interpretation of the path is just as valid as ours.

The more you think you're separate from us, the more you are.

Why not try and uphold the values of Jediism? You are good at meditating on the Force. Good for you! Teach it to us (yes, you have before, awesome!). If people listen to you, they do. If they don't, they don't. Find your like-minded people and please, for the love of God, stop forcing your ideas down other peoples' throats... it's not necessary.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102557 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Working with Qi and the material about John Chang are both very valid topics for Jediism...

... but pasting the same bulk dump of text and video's in any thread which mentions the Force becomes overwhelmingly derailing for a Jedi forum, or any forum which talks about the concept of the Force.

I think any issue might be about delivery and not content. I think I've mentioned this before to you, but create a journal and you can put all your good stuff in there like everyone else does with their paths. This means you can then focus on what is being discussed in each thread better, and provide discreet links to your relevant journal post if you have supporting info.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
11 years 1 month ago #102558 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Note: I would totally endorse a website which teaches about "the Force" by you, Maynoth. Not Paychox642, but you I would.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102559 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: Note: I would totally endorse a website which teaches about "the Force" by you, Maynoth. Not Paychox642, but you I would.

Thanks.

Everything I could say or teach has already been said and taught openly.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 1 month ago #102566 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Almost two pages of unrelated posts to the topic....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102582 by
It's not. Maynoth's trying to find his place in the Pyramid!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi